AnnieMudge

Job is being moved - can I get expenses??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1666 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have been told that I will have to work from a different office twice a week, meaning an increase of work mileage of 120 miles a week. I just can't afford to pay this. Can I ask for the costs to be covered - I didn't ask for this change in work situation.

what does your contract say

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

you can always ask!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Theoretically if your contract provides for a set place of work, then HMRC are fine with mileage being paid between home and an alternative place of work. So in theory you could claim expenses.

However if your contract has no fixed place of work, or a well drafted mobility clause, this could complicate things somewhat. Its worth checking contracts and policies to see whether this situation is covered, but if not, as above - it's always worth asking!

If you genuinely can't afford the new round trip then you could be getting into the realms of constructive dismissal, or possibly even redundancy depending on the reason you were required to move - but we would need more information to go into that.