Issue with a bed purchased from an online seller

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently purchased a bed and (under bed) drawers for £599 plus £20 delivery as a package from 'rustic roots furniture'

It arrived (a few weeks late) and to our disappointment the general workmanship was far below our expectations, and with numerous faults.

* Panels not finishing flush, particularity bad and noticeable on the foot board.

* Very rough finish to all surfaces. Some panels of noticeably low quality wood.

* Drawers panels are split where handles attached.

* Inadequate/under sized metal brackets included.

* Requires a lot more assembly than anticipated, its left to me to drill all the holes for the side rails etc to construct it.

Even ignoring the faults I feel the bed is poorly designed and would need modification to make it fit for purpuse (bigger better brackets etc)

I contacted te seller the day it was delivered to ask for a return and refund, unfortunately he did not agree to this. He offered:

Take back the bed by a courier of his choosing at a cost of £80 (he only charged £20 delivery) but he refused to take back the drawers. He says they were custom made for us, we never asked for custom drawers, in fact the invoice even states they are "standard" drawers. And obviously a set of under-bed draws that go with this bed would be useless to us.

I paid using a debit card, just wondering what options I have left here?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

you could do a chargeback

or

have a read of this:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...