Jet 2 refusing to pay compensation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I travelled back from Spain last year and we were delayed 3.5 hours due to a technical fault with the wing of the plane.I wrote to Jet 2 for compensation and quoted the the EU Denied Boarding Regulation 261/2004.I received a letter yesterday refusing compensation because under Spanish regulations the technical fault with the plane IS exceptional circumstances.Has this happened to anyone else and is there a template letter I can send challenging their decision.many thanks

RBS

13/10 - Prelim sent, 19/10 - Sod Off letter recvd, 27/10 - partial offer received, 27/10 - rejection letter sent, 3/11 - SETTLED IN FULL

Cheltenham & Gloucester (ERC's)

21/11 - Prelim sent, 26/11 - sod off letter recved, 2/12 - LBA sent, 10/12 SETTLED IN FULL!!

I have searched the internet and still cant find what I can reply to Jet2. Surely this is just a stalling tactic?

RBS

13/10 - Prelim sent, 19/10 - Sod Off letter recvd, 27/10 - partial offer received, 27/10 - rejection letter sent, 3/11 - SETTLED IN FULL

Cheltenham & Gloucester (ERC's)

21/11 - Prelim sent, 26/11 - sod off letter recved, 2/12 - LBA sent, 10/12 SETTLED IN FULL!!

There are other cases here about jet2, have you searched for them ?, they list important case law, I don't think the fact it happened in Spain is relevant, all flights go to another country (mostly) !, if you sued them in court it would be in a U.K. court.

EU Denied Boarding Regulation is EU law

Last time I checked, spain was inside the EU

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.