BT Usage Monitor Shenanigans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Beware BT and misleading statements! This... We'll charge you £5.60 for an extra 5GB.... actually means this... UP TO 5GB, not a total of 5GB! They will then give you some gobbledegook about offering you a "better" package deal on your Broadband just to get you to "upgrade". This is a RIP-OFF!

This is how all capped internet works. You pay a fee for up to a certain amount of over-usage. If you will keep going over that usage, they'll offer you a different package that has a higher cap. Of course that will cost more.

When they say "We'll charge you £5.60 for an extra 5GB" what that means is an extra 5GB of usage ontop of your cap.

This is how all capped internet works. You pay a fee for up to a certain amount of over-usage. If you will keep going over that usage, they'll offer you a different package that has a higher cap. Of course that will cost more.

When they say "We'll charge you £5.60 for an extra 5GB" what that means is an extra 5GB of usage ontop of your cap.

Actually NO, this is ambiguous - you do not have to go AS FAR as 5GB for them to charge! They don't tell you it is actually anything UP TO 5GB! Furthermore, I received this astounding response in answer to my query re a difference in the figures I personally recorded on their usage monitor and what they claimed: I quote...

I was trying to clarify that I was not able to explain the difference in the usage readings.

Of course you don't have to go as far as 5GB. You've gone over your usage cap, so they charge you for an extra 5GB of usage cap. You get charged the second you go over the cap, not when you go more than 5GB over the cap.

Do you expect them to charge you per KB?