Erudio claimform - old SLC loans - stayed - now N244 **WON SJ refused**

patterns
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hearing is in a couple days............ Submitting this evening or tomorrow morning.

Your statement in response must be submitted not less than 7 days pre hearing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

OK the hearing letter said 48 hours. i didnt know this and it wasnt written anywhere on the hearing letter, simply to submit trial bundle 48 hours prior to hearing. Maybe because its a remote hearing.

All i can do is follow that and submit tonight

i will leave the WS as is and submit now

Ah remote hearing...then that may be correct...don't forget to file a copy on the Claimants Sol also.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

On 11/12/2020 at 10:55, Andyorch said:

Nothing else to come.....there is no bundle in this type of application....but yes please upload the latest Court Order for reference.

Andy

On 23/02/2021 at 03:35, patterns said:

hi guys was waiting to see if anything else came but this is the final documents so far

Should i add anything?

Posts #174 and #175

I was looking for your last court order but it appears Bankfodder removed it  yesterday  ?

Can you please upload another copy ?

Its really just the court order and hearing directions I was looking for.

sure - redacting now

attached. i have just seen in their appeal drydens mention 7 days filing prior to hearing, but im confident the remote hearing rules supercede this, as i have called as was told 48 hours, as well as it stating it on the court order sent after the appeal

2020-12-01 Gen Form J or O.pdf

Yes okay point 16 states not less than 48 hours.... 7days is the norm if attending the hearing in person.

Evidence for the purposes of a summary judgment hearing

(1) If the respondent to an application for summary judgment wishes to rely on written evidence at the hearing, he must –

(a) file the written evidence; and

(b) serve copies on every other party to the application,

at least 7 days before the summary judgment hearing.

File and serve...copy statement and docs to the court and the claimant's solicitor.

Hearing was dismissed before it started!

if an application is requested for a stay to be lifted, then the claimant must first provide information as to why that was put in place. if they cant, it is dismissed and cannot proceed.

I believe the claimant has right to re-apply. we shall see if they do

I was extremely well prepared for this, Andy your WS was solid and i spent a lot of time getting this right in my head. Being my second hearing i was a lot more confident

I also found a couple interesting articles:

- https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2015/02/revised-erudio-deferral-form-available-from-today/
- https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2016/04/student-loan-deferment-forms-missing-in-latest-erudio-blunder/

And many records with the FOS
https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/files/142290/DRN5616828.pdf

• Like 1

who dismissed it and why?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The judge

if a claimant failed to include why a stay was put in place, when they had 4 grounds listed on their application for the appeal of stay, the first being to lift a stay. If they cant provide the reasons for the stay, the case cant proceed.

Makes sense, if you are wanting to lift a stay, you as the claimant need to provide the documents of original stay. Doesnt matter if the defendant even explains it or includes original defence, the claimants duty is to provide this information in their application, as a stay of SB must have been put in place for a reason.

Im annoyed as i feel i would've won this and hopefully have it struck out.

But none the less, lets see if they have balls the re-apply

. i will be ready.

This isn't a bad thing though is it?

They dont have a leg to stand on

The ground rules are and have always been any application to lift a stay after the prescribed period of 28 days...an application must contain a concise statement with reason as to why the claim was let stayed and why the claimant didn't proceed at the time.

Lets see what transpires and if they decide to make further application.

Well done so far Patterns

the debt was statute barred at the issuance of the claim, can't see this going anywhere....

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 6 months later...

Open

and they

Hi Guys,

Well it seems they don't want to give up with this one! Twice been set aside, and there is a new application to remove the set aside.

Please see the attached document.

I'm a bit confused if this is a hearing that I need to attend as well? As it has put a note there for me on the front page, but I don't know what would be the purpose of me attending?

Do I need to reply to this also? Any help here would be great.

2021-09-21 N244 + hearing.pdf

Theyve left a word out..youll be informed of the court date prob by n157 or just like before

and they

Ok, i thought Andy previously mentioned with the N244 i had to submit my statement in response must be submitted not less than 7 days pre hearing.

He also said in previous discussion:

"Lets hope the judge decides that it requires a hearing.....you need to start preparing your response statement in objection to their application irrespective.It must be submitted not less than 7 days (Hearing /no Hearing)"

"You would assume that this type of application should require a hearing to determine but we live in strange times at the moment...given that you have not received anything further yet from the court clarifying if a hearing is to be held... I would draft something now and file and serve a copy just in case."

Discussion begins on page 5, posts from December 2, 2020 (i think our post numbers are different)

So im presuming i need to do the same and serve something no?

did you update that pdf? as it was only i page earlier that i saw, ...poss my connection.

you'll be informed of the date , you submit your statement, 

dx

and they

This case appears to be an argument based on limitations act.

Really need to have a clear argument set out as to why you believe it is statute barred.

Does SB run from date of last deferral or the end of the 12 month deferral period ?

As you could not be in default until after the expiry of the deferral period, I could see why it might be the latter.

I can see this has been debated previously in this thread, but if there is to be a 30 minute hearing,  you need to be clear about information to support your position.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It runs from the date on/ of sending the deferment form to slc

Regardless to how long slc took to actually do it.

.....The cause of the resultant action, last written/signed communication or payment from the defendant

Dx

and they

The application does not involve you its between the claimant and the court to set a side his previous order of dismissing their previous application to Strike out /Summary Judgment.

Again you will notice they have not requested a hearing for this application...the Court has decided there will be one :-)

If they are successful in their application (which I doubt) you will be informed by the court and we take it from there.

Andy.