Erudio claimform - old SLC loans - stayed - now N244 **WON SJ refused**

patterns
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Just an update 27th june i received a letter from the courts stating they receieved my defence and would allow 30 days for the other side to respond

So far we are now 34 days and nothing.

Have heard of cases where erudio has appealed and tried to reopen, or maybe its only 30 days for them to respond to the courts in which case i guessi could still get a letter?

anyway shall keep you posted

no its 28 days from the date you filed your defence that the claimant must do 'something'

not sure where you are reading but there are no cases that I know of whereby erudio have ever continued just let a case get stayed or reopened any stayed claim.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

28 days plus 5 for service =33

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...

well stayed.cost them more to unstay.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 months later...

COR ?   CPR ....does not show stayed on the MCOL dashboard status.....just defence received.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

unless you get an N244 notification from the court yep ignore

but they've not done that on any SLC claims to date.

dx

and they

• 5 months later...

HI Guys, today i got an email below from Drydens stating my defence of statute barred was null because according to them they sent a default notice Nov 2016

Just to recap, i defended due to letters from erudio stating my last deferment was 2009, then later saying it was 2014.

My MCOL still doesnt show stayed etc last entry is my defence 26/06/2019

_____

We write with reference to the above matter and further to the Defence filed in response to the County Court Claim issued against you.

Upon review of your Defence, we note that you claim:

1.    The Debt is Statue Barred

In response to the above, we can confirm that the debt is not Statue Barred pursuant to section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980. A Default Notice was served upon you on 13 October 2016. The Default Notice being the cause of action.

You failed to remedy the breach within the time stipulated on the Default Notice and so the account was terminated. A Termination Letter was sent to you on 11 November 2016.

Section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980 states ‘An action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued’. Given the Claim was issued on 3 June 2019 and therefore well within the six years allowed to bring a money claim.

Even though you were provided with a further copy of the Default Notice following your CPR 31.14 request on 6 February 2020, we further attach a copy for your reference, together with the Termination Notice.

Given that the deals with the issues raised in the Defence in full, we are clearly in a position to progress our Client’s Claim against you and would therefore, invite you to now settle this matter without the need for further legal action.

Please make payment of the sum due within the next 14 days or alternatively contact these offices to discuss possible repayment options.

In the event that we do not hear from you within 14 days, we will have no alternative but to apply to the Court to lift the stay on the proceedings in order to progress the legal action commenced against you. 

It is also likely that any such application will include an Application for Summary Judgment, given the evidence which has now been provided to you in support of our Client's Claim. 

If the above action becomes necessary, further costs will be incurred which ultimately, may be payable by you.  If you fail to respond to this letter and therefore necessitate such further action, we will produce this and our previous correspondence to the Court in support of any additional claim for costs.

We trust that this course of action will not be necessary and look forward to hearing from you by return.

-----------

I saw DX100Uk post on a similar thread loinked below

"simply erudio raising an N244 (as eluded too in post 28) to lift the stay on the old case because they think issuing a Default Notice default notice in September 2018 sets the SB clock date... it DOESN'T and is of any use when you last deferred your loan by early 2013. 

pers i'd be writing to the court and objecting to the N244, but let andyotch comment upon the correct response...

when is the hearing date? "

I completely panicked thinking i was wrong to assume the last defer date wasnt the clock for SB but seems they are just trying it and the above should be my course of action should it go that far

i just didnt understand Andys comment in post 44

You should have blocked and bounced all emails addresses long ago.

Mcol wont show stayed as its an automatic process if you go read the court letter you got following your defence filing

and they

what court form?

and they

The defence etc

im not sure what information they can see from what ive filed on MCOL,

but i have never given any DCA my details apart from address.

No idea how they obtained it.

I cant bounce back my emails but i have blocked anyway

Sorry to confuse,

im not sitting on any forms currently,

i filed defence in June last year and received a notice of small claims from the courts.

I guess lets await anything further from the Courts now unless you advise otherwise

you haven't put you email details in any court form.

nor can they see your details on mco.

probably from your credit file or your old SLC info.

not sure what you are panicking about regarding that other thread.

the debt is statute barred

the defaulted date ruling is immaterial and not retrospective anyway.

and they

• 3 months later...

N244 please and any evidence they have sent with it pdf only

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Lets hope the judge decides that it requires a hearing.....you need to start preparing your response statement in objection to their application irrespective.It must be submitted not less than 7 days (Hearing /no Hearing)

Andy

You would assume that this type of application should require a hearing to determine but we live in strange times at the moment...given that you have not received anything further yet from the court clarifying if a hearing is to be held... I would draft something now and file and serve a copy just in case.

Yes...hence the term " File and Serve " your statement is made pursuant to CPR 24.5

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part24#24.5