• Tweets

• Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
    • The retailer has come under fire for an advert showing motorcyclists wearing trainers and doing wheelies.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Erudio claimform - old SLC loans - stayed - now N244 **WON SJ refused**

patterns
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Was contacted by erudio last year about the change of ownership.

i didnt want to sign the deferment letter.

Came on here read up and decided to request my CCA for the loans back in October.

No response only threatening letters. i sent a second response and no reply.

They eventually wrote to me in december saying they will look into my request.

I heard nothing until today - they have actually sent me a copy of all my CCA's, signed.

Wondering what are my options here? They did not comply to the 14 days from my request.

The date of the loans are 97, 98, 99 and 2000

HOWEVER - of all the CCA's, there is a few things:

- only 1999 and 2000 are signed the others are blank

- 1998 only has the DD section ignored

- only 1999 is signed by an official from student loans

They are photo copies though. but the others do look completely blank

Thanking you in advance

scan then up please

so when did you last defer to SLC before the sale?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok il scan up shortly - what do you need to see on them and what shall/can i cover up?

I last deferred the last year before sale, so i have pretty much deferred most years. As soon as it switched hands to Erudio i haven't signed a thing.

HOW TO UPLOAD DOCUMENTS / IMAGES ON CAG IMMEDIATELY YOU DO NOT NEED 10 POSTS

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG

YOU MUST ensure that you REMOVE all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc

ENSURE: To leave all Monetary Figures and Dates.

DO NOT USE A BIRO, PEN, SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS TO EDIT THE INFORMATION

1. SCAN YOUR DOCUMENT

- Set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300 DPI (150 will do)

- Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture (jpg) file

- Don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

- If you have multiple scans/pictures please put these into a WORD DOC first ensuring you have removed all Personal Information before converting to PDF.

if you dont have MSOFFICE, use openoffice its free and has a PDF converter.

- IPHONE ONLY: Take a picture and Convert to PDF via an APP

2. HOW TO EDIT (Remove Personal Information)

- Do this using MSPAINT.EXE or any Photo Editing program and ensure to save the document.

PLEASE TRY AND REFRAIN FROM POSTING FILES OF +1Mb in size

a single sheet of a4 should be about 50kb.

3. HOW TO CONVERT YOUR DOCUMENT TO PDF

- If you have OFFICE installed this has an installable PRINT to PDF option so use this and save as PDF.

- If you have PDF as an installed driver use this program and save as PDF.

OR Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites:

- http://freejpgtopdf.com/

- http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

- http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

- http://www.pdfmerge.com/

- http://www.primopdf.com/

PLEASE REMEMBER: It would be better to upload a Multi-page PDF rather than multiple Single PDFs.

4. BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- Logically Name your PDF File so Users know what it is. DO NOT NAME YOUR FILE USING BANK NAMES OR CAG IN THE TITLE

- For Example: Default Notice DDicon-MM-YYYY.

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG please ensure that you do a final check that all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc. are REMOVED before carrying out the NEXT STEP

5. HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- In your Thread/Post open a new msg box here.

- Click 'Go Advanced' below the msg box.

- Click 'Manage Attachments' below that box.

- Click the 'Add Files' button on the top right.

- Click 'Select Files', navigate to your file(s) on your PC.

- Click 'Upload Files'.

- You DON’T have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box just upload it ……… JOB DONE

- You can click on your links to check them too!!

patterns said:
Ok il scan up shortly - what do you need to see on them and what shall/can i cover up?

I last deferred the last year before sale, so i have pretty much deferred most years. As soon as it switched hands to Erudio i haven't signed a thing.

why cant you simply use a copy of the old SLC DAF and send that in

if your situation has not changed

stuff rodeo

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

just send that to rodeo

and they

Dx you really do deserve a medal! I propose we all nominate you for an MBE or sommet similar. :)

Pattern, your CCA sounds dodgy as heck. As is always the advice 'Question everything', & just because they tell you that they have responded to your CCA, they normally havn't. So! Check and double check everything they send you. :)

• 2 years later...

Hi Guys, re-bumping this rather than starting a new one.

i refused to sign erudio's dodgy upgraded deferment form.

Eventually they sent by debt over to Capquest.

Firstly i sent them a template on here 'i dont acknowledge' CCA Request, nothing yet more letters,

i recently sent them a 'prove it' style - they have not responded

Shall i send a letter again?

I did request a CCA from Erudio and they sent me pieces of this as mentioned above

you should never ever kick pram wheels if the DCA is not kicking yours.

you should have learned that years ago!!

never ever blindly send any pointless letter tennis on any debt with asking here FIRST..

bad move!

and they

I remember DX and i remember your priceless help (thank you again!)

Ill follow previous advice..

... Reason i started these new thread is i really dont want to have to go to court again and set aside another Statutory demand

:( plus its messing up my credit file

, i cant get any finance or even start to for another 4 years. However i see your point and thanks for the reminder

I spoke to credit reference agencies and they said i can dispute the marks on my credit score

- you suggest to try this?

so why did you not send that deferment form then as advised 2 yrs ago?

dx

and they

Because the one at the time requested i sign a new form.

i read up countless people having the same issue and were advised send your own deferment letter under the same terms as previous not erudio ones

. I did, and i got the same reply... i need to sign their one

not according to the FOS

they have already told Erudio that they must accept the old form with old requirements and cant dictate that their form MUST be used.

your issue is now that you sent that [you didn't tell us that till now]

and erudio have since defaulted your credit file and are claiming you are in arrears?

and they

you write to erudio and complain [refer to the case listed on this thread at the end]

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?447223-Erudio-and-final-FOS-decision

demand they REMOVE the whole account from your credit file

and accept the completed SLC old deferment form

[you need to do a new one too? for this year?]

else you'll be complaining to the FOS

and seeking financial compensation for the distress caused to you and the financial cripplement their faulty default has caused

give them 14 days

and they

Thanks for that..

. just read the whole 6 pages, and have the deferment form.

Yep ill have to do another for this year too i guess, so send them that with the letter i presume.

Reading that thread... you state to sign and alter slightly, they didnt sign, so do i or dont i sign?

And i draft a cover letter along with the SLC DAF to Erudio explaining :

"I have been contact by capquest informing me i have a debt in arrears and defaulted for my student loan.

i have sent you the SLC DAF previously which is acceptable by FOS,

i have attached this years DAF also.

i request you accept my DAF demand you REMOVE the whole account from my credit file.

Otherwise i shall complain to the FOS. I expect to hear from you in 14 days"

something like that?

Anything else?

I can see that person in that post actually never heard back nor got a response, and instead like me their debt was sent to capquest and in the same position. I am just following protocol here then i presume to protect myself in the event it goes to court?

please don't beg them or request this or that - demand

and they

well you're not disputing the agreements are you?

and they

Still not sure about signing this one but i guess i must. Just worried if capquest get hold of it they pay copy/paste. But hey if i must i must sign

Will be sending today, i kept it very blunt and demanded as you say - thanks again

you are not disputing agreements exist...:frusty::frusty:

so what good would it do them to copy your sig anywhere....

and they

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, thought i would update you -

received a balance statement from erudio following my dispute letter and sending my deferment for again (Thanks DX100UK),

they have been removed from my credit file.

This letter was dated 4th sept.

All looks like its ok?

Maybe not.... i received no acknowledgement of my letter,

AND also received this:

Around the same period (i didnt open my post) i received a letter dated 29th AUG stating the following:

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding your studenrt loan.

We have now investigated your complaint raised on decemeber 2015 and unfortunately we have not recieved correspondence from the FSO.

We would ask that you send us a copy of the outcome, to be able to investigate further.

Capquest will place a 30 day hold on your account ......

Any advice on the next steps?

Shall i send my deferment letter recorded again?

Doesn't seem they have acknowledged and/or are mocking it

We have now investigated your complaint raised on decemeber 2015 and unfortunately we have not recieved correspondence from the FSO.

whats this bit about?

did you complain to the FOS then?

and they

Thats what im puzzled about.

No i didn't, i requested a cca using the template link on here when they said they wouldn't accept my original deferrment,

i then sent a no cca response letter again states nothing about FOS.

Nowhere in my letters did it state this at all?

These letters were sent to then in 2014 not 2015.