Barclaycard Payment Arrangement markers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there,

Looking for some advice. I had some financial difficulties back in 2006 and defaulted on a number of credit cards. Barclaycard didn't default me but marked it as an ongoing arrangement to pay which I understand is common for them.

If they had defaulted me in 2006, it would have came off in 2012. I have records as early as 2009 of me writing and phoning them to request the arrangement come to an end however they kepts auto-renewing it. I have just settled the balance of the account and it was closed yesterday.

I wrote to them quoting the ICO on the guidelines for arrangements to pay being a short term arrangement, informing them I felt it should have been defaulted back in 2006 and requesting the account be deleted from my records with all CRA.

They have wrote back to me today agreeing to remove it from my credit records with effect from Jan 31st 2015 and offering me £75 compensation " for the distress and inconvenience caused by this matter"

So my query is: shouild I realistically be pursuing them for further damages since they have ruined my credit record for an extra 3 years. This has prevented me from moving debt I'm trying to pay off to 0% deals and therefore cost me additional interest I could have otherwise avoided.

I've to reply to them and if I accept this "resolution" they will send me the £75.

Thanks,

knox

Good afternoon Mr knoxvillain,

I have reviewed the repayment plan on your Barclaycard account, and this data should no longer be on your credit file. I have arranged for this data to be deleted from your file and updated with the three credit reference agencies to whom we report such data, this will be reflected after 31 January 2015.

As a gesture of goodwill I would like to offer you £75.00 for the distress and inconvenience caused by this matter, this can be credited directly into your bank account, or sent by post in the form of a cheque. I would be grateful if you could reply to advise if this is a satisfactory resolution, and to confirm how you would like me forward the goodwill gesture amount to you if this resolution has been accepted.

Kind regards,

xxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Customer Relationship Manager

[COLOR=blue][B]Defaultless since 2012 :)[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=green][/COLOR]

You could try holding out for more but realistically I suspect it wouldn't be too much more, especially as you have other debt. Obviously I don't know how much you owe, but from experience I know that the level of debt can make it difficult to get better deals.

Just my opinion so wait and see what others think.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

What kind of debt amounts are we talking?

What makes you think you would have obtained 0% deals? The more existing debt one has, the harder, obviously. But the level of compensation worth pursuing would in my opinion only be worthwhile if the value of the notional missed deals is so high that you would be unlikely to have succeeded in obtaining them.

For all the hassle involved I wouldn't have thought it worthwhile, certainly not if you can't demonstrate that card providers would have granted you their 0% deals.

What kind of debt amounts are we talking?

What makes you think you would hav9e obtained 0% deals? The more existing debt one has, the harder, obviously. But the level of compensation worth pursuing would in my opinion only be worthwhile if the value of the notional missed deals is so high that you would be unlikely to have succeeded in obtaining them.

For all the hassle involved I wouldn't have thought it worthwhile, certainly not if you can't demonstrate that card providers would have granted you their 0% deals.

£15k

as of September 2012, the only detrimental item not removed from my credit record was this card. everything else was within balance and properly paid/managed.

• 1 month later...

So I've had communication with Barclaycard following my rejection of their £75 goodwill guesture. They have now said that they have upheld my complaint but the maximum they can offer me is £300 which they will send out in a cheque. He said if I can send them evidence of the financial loss I've suffered then they will revisit the complaint. They are sending out a cheque for £300 but I fully intend to put as much evidence together and send it to them. At this point I'm still dealing with Barclaycard directly rather than going to FOS which in my view is a last resort but at this stage BC seem to be acting quite reasonably.