UKPC 'fine' for motorcycle parked in disabled bay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello,

i received a parking fine,

reading the information the forum and guidance waited until the notice to keep letter arrived,

at this point not sure what the next step is,

have heard that others suggest to ignore these letter,

honestly would rather not receive any more letters and have them off my back ASAP.

most of you might be thinking this is stupid of me but in my defence there was only three motorcycle bays

which only fit one bike at a time, two was taken up by car drivers and the other one was in a secluded section.

the leisure complex is big and having preivously worked there i know that there have been many bike thefts

knowing that information parked right in line of the doors in clear view of carmera and lights,

all that being said there was one disabled bay which was away from the front doors

which i thoguth no one would mind as there are 10 or more disabled bays alone

the front entrance which was unoccupied and I know no one would miss this one bay.

have taken photos of another bike who packed in-between disabled bays on the cross section,

the photos are not detailed enough as it was dark and the markings have slightly rubbed off.

the car park is free to use :oops: forget to mention lol

fined on 23 Dec 2014

NTK letter dated 22 Jan 2015 and arrived through door 26 Jan 2015

any help appreciate.

thank you

read the letter carefully - IT IS NOT A FINE!!

its a speculative invoice

its also worthy to note

there are no such things as disabled bays on private land

purely tarmac graffiti. no standing in any law

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so have you appealed?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

pleanty of examples here

basically you can use any excuse you like

you are after the Popla code now

dx

and they

I'm badly torn between the immorality of the Bounty hunting industry which seeks to make a buck of the apparent management of private car parks, on one hand – and the dubious morality of parking in a disabled bay – whether it is in a private area are not and whether it has any legal validity or not.

I think that if there are disabled bays – then wherever they are it is good manners to avoid parking in them if you are not disabled.

Apart from that, I wish you the best of luck in resisting UKPC

I would write back to the parking co and appeal on the grounds that there is nowhere to affix a blue badge on a motorcycle and so ther ticketing is an act of discrimination. this is your appeal. They will reject it but then you will be given a POPLA code so you can stick them with the normal GPEOL argument allied with requirement for UKPC to prove they have the right to claim in the first place.

The logic behind this is the blue badge scheme does not apply to off-street parking and private land has no law that covers the specifications of parking bays anyway.

I would write back to the parking co and appeal on the grounds that there is nowhere to affix a blue badge on a motorcycle and so ther ticketing is an act of discrimination. this is your appeal. They will reject it but then you will be given a POPLA code so you can stick them with the normal GPEOL argument allied with requirement for UKPC to prove they have the right to claim in the first place.

The logic behind this is the blue badge scheme does not apply to off-street parking and private land has no law that covers the specifications of parking bays anyway.

As stated above you may want to go back to the site an take a good quality photograph of this sign you may see a term in it stating the blue badge scheme does not apply on this site.. can you confirm this if possible

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.