Vodafone cancelled contract despite earlier renewal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last year, having endured poor signal for some time and then receiving a clearly misleading marketing email in September 2014 that Vodafone subsequently refused to honour, I registered my intention to cancel my Vodafone contract. It was due to expire on January 25.

Having subsequently received a call from the retentions team later in September, I agreed to a new contract on provision that I received an early upgrade of my handset and a reduced tariff.

And so all was well again with better signal, and an early upgrade.

However, on Sunday January 25 2015 at noon, my phone ceased to receive any mobile signal.

Believing this to be an issue with my bill (I don't owe anything apart from my current bill, which isn't yet due to be paid) I tried to log into my account online to be told that my mobile number was no longer registered. I can only assume that the initial request I made in September 2014 to cancel my contract has been actioned despite my subsequent agreement to remain with Vodafone and renew my contract.

This is not the first time this has happened, and the exact same scenario presented itself on my last upgrade also, and I was without phone service for more than one week.

Normal customer service channels have been a joke, and they either don't understand or choose not to understand and are accusing me of cancelling and being in breach of my contract, which in utter muck, and trying to charge me the cost of the handset.

I've since made an email complaint to the CEO office, and have a reference number. However, they insist on trying to call me on my wife's phone (which is also with Vodafone and is/was linked to my account) which I can't access as she works away.

I've tried calling the direct line number they left me to call back, but I'm not sitting in another 30+ minute queue any longer, as I've tried three times already and I'm not getting anywhere. An email response to the original complaint will just trigger another reference number so little point in doing that.

An absolute shambles of a company, and I'm regretting sticking around for another two years.

The ombudsman beckons!

Hi

Before to waste too much time on the Ombudsman, why not let Lee have a look. It may be a simple solution.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2012**

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Unfortunately, you have come across what we have known for quite some time. The general customer relations team haven't a clue when an issue goes off their usual script.

What they should be doing (if they cannot or do not understand the situation) is to pass the case on to a manager but they don't.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

This has been resolved.

It took a very helpful young lady instore over 90 minutes, but she got it fixed and didn't give up on the case until it was done... even though she could just have referred me to customer relations herself.