Vehicle control services ltd. parking without a permit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been invited to pay a parking charge notice £60 pounds if i pay within 14 days or 100 after.

on 24/1 I parked in a car park that must be for residents only

I was only there for about 10 mins and

when I came back I had this notice on my car.

i think the man must have been already in the car park.

on closer looking there are some signs on the wall but they are covered in spray paint.

I know you can fight free parking but can I fight this or do I just pay?

tanks

Tell us what compny has issued the ticket and we can tell you how to take them on

but for the moment wait for the Notice to Keeper to arrive in the post.

This must arrive between 29 and 56 days after the date of the event, not beofre and not after.

The NTK must contain certain information so when you get it tell us exactly what is says or post it up for us to pick holes in.

The obvious challenge, when the time comes is inadequacy of signage to form a contract.

Should you go back there photograph the signs and we can offer opinion on whether they are good enough or not.

Sounds like not so the pictures will be needed later so get them before they replace the signs.

hi

the company is called Vehicle control services ltd.

they have a 011etc p[one number not a expensive 087etc

they don't take verbal appeals and you have 21 days to appeal and if you don't do it in tis time they wont consider an appeal.so tat means I have to appeal before tey write to me after29 days.

ive got some photos of the defaced signs will try and post them up.

Pdf

DO NOT PHONE THEM or identify the driver in any way. No, you dont have to appeal within that time they are trying to mislead you into admitting things that arent necessarily so. The appeals time hasnt even started yet as they have to wait 29 days to write to you to tell you what they claim your have done wrong. Now, follow the instructions given here and go and photograph the signs and wait for the Notice to keeper through the post.

• 1 month later...

You will appeal.

As VCS are in the IPC who knows the outcome of the appeal, but with your photos it should be an easy win.

Not much time now but will be back later.

Hi

I assume this is now the Notice to keeper. If so, now is the time to appeal. For now, I would just concentrate on the inadequate signage but don't let them have the copies you have of the photos. Save that for the later appeal.

It does seem someone has a grudge against that car park (or the operator) :-)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

no, they have to send NTK between 29 and 56 dayas after the event so they are within the times allowed.

As said, send in a short written appeal saying that the signage was inadequate to be considered as a contract so no possible breach. They then have 35 days to either accpt or reject your appeal and they would then have to supply you with the appeals procedure details.

Does their demand state where the location was, say what the breach was and include details of their address and the trade organisation they are menbers of? If not then the notice is not compliant.

Could you post up a redacted copy of the NTK?

Personally I would include a couple of the photos of the unreadable signage with your initial appeal to VCS.

This gives a good chance of a cancellation at the first attempt as stringing it out to IAS appeal it pointless imo.

Remember all correspondence is from the RK.

• 2 weeks later...

The NTK you have received mentions breaching the terms and conditions,which means damages and GPEOL, then states it is a contractual charge...

It can't be both.

Along with the signage being illegible then the charge should get cancelled, but this is an IPC member so nothing is certain.

Any appeal is written by the RK and any mention of the driver is in the third person.

The NTK you have received mentions breaching the terms and conditions,which means damages and GPEOL, then states it is a contractual charge...

It can't be both.

Along with the signage being illegible then the charge should get cancelled, but this is an IPC member so nothing is certain.

Any appeal is written by the RK and any mention of the driver is in the third person.

But still with the evidence, they would win in court (IF it ever went that far)?

But still with the evidence, they would win in court (IF it ever went that far)?

Any County Court case can be won on the slimmest of margins. Any PPC challenged on the GPEoL in court would find ut very difficult to quantify the amount.

They can only claim for lost revenue on a paid car park with an admin fee so when (IF) they go to court, they would be on a loser on that point alone.

Breaching the terms and conditions is a non starter as again they wouldn't be able to justify the fee. As for a contractual Charge. Any contract has to be a meeting of minds in agreement which you wouldn't normally do and of course, in any contract, fairness plays its part.

Companies such as Parking Eye take thousands per year to court on a numbers basis. If they win just 10% of them, they profit. Smaller companies don't want to take the risk.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Oh yes, one other thing,in 2014 VCS took a grand total of..... 36 cases to court. That in itself speaks volumes.

yes but remember not to name the driver. just say 'the driver' and not mr xxx

thanks

do I ask for a popla code straight away?

You won't get a POPLA code from this particular bunch of cowboys, wrong boys club for that (They're IPC members not BPA), you do get a second crack at appealing to the IAS, which is (supposed to be) independent, but don't worry too much about what either of them say (unless they allow your appeal) as even if they did take you to county court, you'd stand a very good chance of winning your case (and costing VCS loads into the bargain).

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

• 1 month later...

well they never replied to my appeal and today I have recived a letter from DRP DEBT RECOVERY inviting me to pay 160 pounds by the 21/5/15 they will recommend to the creditior they take me to court.

so do I reply to DRP or parking eye?

thanks

well they never replied to my appeal and today I have recived a letter from DRP DEBT RECOVERY inviting me to pay 160 pounds by the 21/5/15 they will recommend to the creditior they take me to court.

so do I reply to DRP or parking eye?

thanks

Never deal with the debt companies. Don't even call them or send them anything. They are just another tactic to try to get you to pay. They will send you all kinds of empty threats. Don't worry about them.

I thought this was VCS (Vehicle Control Services)???

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

As it has been passed on to the monkey I wouldnt bother responding to them or the organ grinder. It is dead in the water now and that is why these clowns add a bit to the amount demanded as they know very few are going to fall for it.

You may get a couple more letters including one in red ink but that is all they can do as there is no debt.