Natwest Incorrect default date holding loan on CRA file - **REMOVED**

georgie2105
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Doing a SAR is the best thing you can do. Even if it is to get all the paperwork uptodate to lock away untill the next banking scandal arrives.

40 days for them to reply. tick tick tick

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 2 months later...

Hi... me again :-)

i received my little parcel from Natwest today - late i know but i guess they did have to confirm who i as due to address move etc.

i stopped paying the loan in Aug 09 and come Apr 11 a £1500 credit had appeared on the loan

(this was pulled from my balance history on my credit report)

this led to Natwest putting my default date as Apr 11.

the last loan statement i received in my parcel today is dated Apr 10!

Brilliant so i am still no further forward as to where this credit has appeared from?!?!

I called the number on my SAR letter and the gentleman i spoke to stated that he had ordered the statements twice

but they never arrived so he sent out what he had??

I thought the whole point of this was for them to send me everything they hold?

I asked him who can give me information on the loan for the year of 2011 a

nd all he said was he doesnt know and he would re order the statements again and send them out to me - expect them after 15 days.

i called natwest general enquiries today who has passed this onto the relevant loans department

and also a complaints department as apparently they can dig a bit deeper....

All in all I feel disappointed as i really thought when the parcel arrived it would give me some answers.

i have discovered though that i did have 2 lots of PPI one for approx £2500 and one for approx £5500,

i am guessing that a refund from that would have amounted to more than £1500 so i dont think it is a PPI refund

(although i am sure you guys will be able to answer that one better than me!)

thanks so much for reading and any further advice would be gratefully received

:-)

Also i am unsure whether this is relevant or not but there is not anything within my SAR about a default on my account, oh and thinking about it there is nothing relating my to bank account with them either?!?! I have a feeling that i might not have received everything? :???:

Also i am unsure whether this is relevant or not but there is not anything within my SAR about a default on my account, oh and thinking about it there is nothing relating my to bank account with them either?!?! I have a feeling that i might not have received everything? :???:

If you know that you have definitely not received all the information about your accounts, with NW especially the statements,

I suggest you write to whoever it was that sent you the SA response and say that you have not received all info,

and please would they send ALL as soon as possible, in accordance with the ICO requirements.

NW may not send a copy of the DN to you, but the "Diary of Events" that you should have received may shed some light on the situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Afternoon,

So after much too-ing and fro-ing with relevant departments within natwest

the short of it is that nobody can provide me with statements for the loan dated after 2010.

I have spoken directly to the guy who signed off my SAR request and

he has told me that he has ordered the statements 3 times and they don't cover the dates i require.

I have just spoken with him again today and asked about Diary of Events and he has categorically stated to me that everything the bank holds I have received!!!

I am at a total loss now - i am guessing my next step is to contact the financial ombudsman?

Any advice as to whether to contact them would be great & also how is best to contact them.

I really do appreciate everybody's advice so far, without you guys i would be going round in circles.

Note to point regarding the complaints made

i received a letter today stating they couldn't help me as the loan account its closed,

they have then asked ME for a copy of the statement showing the problem!!

Argh!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi again

So.... nothing came from the complaints department due to their records showing the accounts being closed.

With a bee in my bonnet I went onto the Natwest website and sent off an electronic complaint

- 1 about the original problem with regards to the default date and secondly about the SAR not being fulfilled.

After a couple of weeks I received another parcel from Natwest via courier followed that afternoon by a letter in my normal mail.

The parcel contained all of the original statements which i had not received from my current account

and the letter was an apology for not completing the SAR correctly and enclosed was a £50 cheque.

The plot thickens further though - after receiving my new parcel with all up to date information

it transpires that the £1500 credit in question was actually credited to my current account!!

Once again no statements covering this period for the loan

as the loan was classed as closed and therefore statements were not generated.

I am still waiting to hear back from the open complaint regarding the default date

but if it doesnt fall in my favour i guess i will need to start again with the new evidence i have.

Has anybody every heard of this happening before? :-)

I would politely suggest - that as they class the loan as 'closed'

I would take that to actually mean its transaction history has exceeded the 6yrs timescale

they are required to hold data for.

thus ...urm it cant be defaulted afterwards [ i'e a date after that as above.

something smells here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Hi all,Just to keep you all updated!

On Saturday I received a letter from Natwest stating they have investigated my complaint

and are upholding it and the correct default date will be reported to the credit reference agencies!

I logged onto Creditexpert that morning and yay it has already gone!

To top that off they sent me a cheque for £250 too!

I cant think you all enough for you advice and i will ensure i make a donation!

Once again thank you so much and here is too keeping my nose clean and getting a mortgage. xxx

thread title amended

glad to help

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 7 months later...

Georgie2105.

Fascinated to read your thread regarding Nat West. Exact;ly the same thing has happened to me. Last payment I can say for certain made to NW was March 2010 but a default was applied in March 2012...... I am going to do exactly as you did to see what response I get.

I wonder whether you have heard from them further or recieved any additional information from them?\\Good luck

Taffy Taylor