How long must i wait

Sick1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was called in for a compliance interview in June 2011.

I admitted I saved all my DLA up for something that would help me medically (I did have savings over and above limit for this reason).

I get higher rate on both components of DLA.

I was told I could spend my money on the said medical aid

within a few days and they wouldn't consider this deprivation of money.

I am paying the overpayment and have been for quite a while.

But what I cannot ascertain is whether they will take things further.

I have a lot of physical and mental health issues, but I can't seem to get over it until I know the case is closed,

but that's something I never managed to get them to say.

I did offer to pay a lump sum off my debt and debt management contacted dwp

and they said I don't have to pay anything other than the £10.80 pw.

they also told me I have no named investigator that I could talk to.

Hence I have no one to discuss the matter with and still feel at a loss.

Should I expect further letters from them?

Do they just turn up at my house?

How can I know for sure,

I got tired of asking if things were over as they just won't answer.

It's still too much on my mind.

Thanks for reading.

will who turn up at your house?

who is your debt management with too?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, Debt Management at Micheldean in Gloucester.

and I don't know, do police, housing, and fraud people just turn up out of the blue to arrest me or what?

I have seen on here that people have had officers turn up at the door.

Don't know whether this is to catch those claiming to be living alone but have a partner.

As you can see I suffer chronic anxiety and depression along with a lot of other stuff,

I'm also way too sensitive for my own good.

no-one does that, just tun up

esp on a DWP debt unless its in the £10k's range and better

calm down.

sar time

Debt Management at Micheldean in Gloucester. - I take it this is a DWP debt?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No-one will show up to arrest you. That is simply not how things are done. And also, your dealings have been with the Compliance Department, which does not conduct fraud investigations. There is nothing in what you have written to indicate that anyone suspects you of any crime. It is not a crime to be overpaid a benefit, and if you are repaying the amount they've asked you for, that would seem to be all that's needed and as long as you keep up repayments, you have little to worry about.

I'm not entirely clear on how this overpayment has arisen, though. You saved DLA money and used it to pay for a medical device, and this was accepted as not being deprivation of capital. Since DLA is not affected by savings at all, presumably you receive some other benefit which has been overpaid. Which benefit has been overpaid and how did the overpayment arise if it wasn't deprivation?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi again, thanks for your responses. I am on ESA, severe disability etc, hb and ct. I have no work, but I saved all the DLA up especially for something that would entirely benefit my health. They agreed this would be suitable for my health and said I could spend this. But I did knowingly save and had undeclared earnings. I did receive benefits I was not entitled to because I very naughtily had savings over the limit.

Fair enough. Well, if you're not questioning the overpayment then the best I can suggest is that you continue to make repayments as agreed (through deductions from benefit payments, perhaps?) and not worry. As I said, it's not any sort of crime to be overpaid benefit, there's nothing at all to indicate that there's any fraud case ongoing (and indeed, a lot to indicate that there isn't) so as long as the overpayment is paid back that's likely to be the end of it.

You're not likely to be able to speak to a single person who will say "Yes, the matter is closed" because it seems that, as far as the DWP is concerned, the matter was never open in the first place, at least, not as a fraud or criminal matter.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• 1 year later...

I will try to find the news story that shows similar story to yours. This is what you could have been advised at the time. The link is on my pc. I will up date it later.

Here is the link >> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2075861/Pauline-Ford-58-saved-22k-nest-egg-benefits-pay-back.html

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.