spoofed by Stemologica/Beutemer/Stemacell - all owned by Henesei Ltd.

ACUnited
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Acting on behalf of my mother,

she like many others on here seem to have been caught with the Stemologica/Beutemer [problem]s going around.

Just need some advice on how to best proceed.

My mum in mid Nov saw a internet advert for free tesco vouchers £100 if she took up the free trial of this product.

She insists that at no time was she made aware that she binding herself into any contract with them

or that the she would if she didnt cancel and return the free products within 14 days.

She has had two debits come out of her account before xmas.

This has almost ruined xmas for her to the point that she hid it from the entire family

and juggled money to get by over the xmas period without telling my father.

I have found out as she confessed it to me in the past week.

So now you now the back story,

I am making it my personal mission that I get this money back for my mother.

She is in her early 60's and the little savings she has I dont want to see being stolen from her.

What is the best way for her and myself to proceed.

She has cancelled the payments to the company (Card Payments, i assume) but is now 2 x £97 down.

Is there a realistic chance of her getting this money back.

Whilst my mum can be naive on the internet,

she isnt when it comes to money and agreeing to contracts etc

so i know she wouldnt have signed up to this willingly.

I would be grateful for any help or any pointers in the right directions.

try the CPA route

the bank might well refund or their fraud debt.

why don't you get her authority to act upon it too.

GENERAL NOTES ON CHARGEBACK & Continuous Payment Authority & BACS

We have been telling people to put a letter into their bank instructing them

not to make any payments under any circumstances to these companies

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/- it works!

usually this should be done using the number on your debit card

banks MUST follow written intructions from their customers !

This fsa guide has now been updated:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/static/pubs/consumer_info/know_your_rights_guide.pdf

http://www.fca.org.uk/news/continuous-payment-authorities-your-right-to-cancel

Here's the text:

Cancelling a regular

card payment:

When you give your credit or debit card details to a company and authorise them to take regular payments from your account,

such as for a gym membership or magazine subscription,

it is known as a ‘recurring transaction’ or ‘continuous payment authority’.

These are often confused with direct debits, but do not offer the same guarantee if the amount or date of the payment changes.

In most cases, regular payments can be cancelled by telling the company taking the payments.

However,

you have the right to cancel them directly with your bank or card issuer by telling it that you have stopped permission for the payments.

Your bank or card issuer must then stop them – it has no right to insist that you agree this first with the company taking the payments.

Be aware, though, that you will still be responsible for paying any money that you owe.

and that CANELLING YOUR CARD WILL NOT STOP THE CPA

New june 2013

Regulator orders Banks and mutuals to review complaints about not cancelling recurring payments from November 2009.

Consumers who have set up a regular payment from their account will now be able to successfully cancel that arrangement

by contacting their card provider, the Financial Conduct Authority said.

The FCA has been examining how easy it is for customers to cancel Continuous Payment Authorities (CPAs)

due either to payday lendersicon or for other regular payments such as subscriptions or gymicon memberships.

CPAs, which are also commonly called recurring transactions or recurring payments,

are relatively easy to set up but can be hard to cancel, causing problems for consumers trying to manage their finances,the FCA said.

Now, following the FCA review of how the largest high street banks and mutuals process requests to cancel CPAs, they have agreed that they will ensure that when

a customer asks for a recurring payment to end, that will be sufficient to cancel the arrangement. They have also confirmed that should a payment go through by

mistake following cancellation by a customer the customer will be refunded immediately.

In addition to securing this commitment, the largest banks and mutuals have agreed to review every individual complaint they have received about the non-

cancellation of a CPA and to pay redress where payments have continued to be made despite the customer cancelling the arrangement. This applies to all complaints

since November 2009 when the Financial Services Authority, the FCA’s predecessor, began regulating banking conduct.

Clive Adamson, the FCA’s director of supervision, said: “It’s important that consumers are confident that banks are meeting their everyday banking needs. Today

customers can be confident that when they ask for a Continuous Payment Authority to be cancelled – it will be cancelled - and that it can be done easily.

“We recognise that historically this is an area where some customers have struggled but the banks and mutuals have responded positively to our work on this issue.

From now on we expect them to be getting this right. In addition, they have committed to review past complaints.”

Also mentioned your displeasure that as whomever took your money had obviously attempted this many times

probably activating your banks own anti fraud software - nobody had the decency to inform my you this was going on.?

.In the FSA's own words:

What should I do about a payment from my account that I didn’t authorise?

Your bank must refund an unauthorised transaction.

Money can only be taken from your account if you have authorised the transaction

or if your bank can prove you were at fault –

see below.

Contact your bank immediately if you notice an unauthorised payment from your account.

If you are sure you did not authorise the payment, you can claim a refund.

However, your bank does not have to refund you if you do not tell it about the payment until 13 months

or more after the date it left your account.

Your bank must refund an unauthorised transaction

------------------

Your bank may only refuse a refund for an unauthorised transaction if:

? it can prove you authorised the transaction

– though your bank cannot simply say that use of your password,

card and PIN proves you authorised a payment; or

? it can prove you are at fault because you acted fraudulently,

or because you deliberately,

or with gross negligence, failed to protect the details of your card, PIN or password in a way that allowed the transaction

-----------------------

How quickly must my bank refund me for an unauthorised transaction?

The bank must make the refund immediately unless it has evidence that one of the above reasons applies.

Your bank may ask you to answer some questions and fill out a form confirming what has happened,

but it cannot delay your refund while it waits for you to return the form.

If the bank has evidence that one of the above reasons for refusing a refund applies,

it may investigate before making a refund

but must look into it as quickly as possible.

If your bank rejects your claim for a refund it should explain why.

If the transaction was on a credit card, the refund may not happen immediately.

But the card issuer cannot charge interest or ask for repayment of the amount unless it can prove you are liable to pay

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Same problem with me.

Tried phoning.

Waste of time.

Emailed them pointing out that only one sample was signed up for.

So how come 2 payments of £97.95 were debited.

Am still hounding them.

By the way they also set up two online customer accounts on the Customer's behalf.

With an AutoRefill option ticked on your behalf @ £49.95 monthly with other options one of which is Do not send me AutoRefill.

If you have not logged into your mothers acount (details are in the emails confirming order dispatch) I would advise you to do so immediately and tick the do not send option.

I hope you have done this. If the emails are not available contact the bank by phone and writing and tell them not pay any more charges to both stemologica and beautemer.

Please post how you get and I will do the same.

Mother has no longer got any of the emails (she deleted them with concerns that they may have had viruses embedded within them).

She assured me that no further payments have been taken out.

Looked at one of their websites and see that T&C's are only accessible by scrolling down.

The T&C's are similar in colour to the background and they do mention that by keeping the 'free trial'

they are willing to sign up to a regular delivery of these items unless returned within 14 days.

I cant see how the bank will be willing to refund this when the T&C's are there if not a little unscrupulous.

Any advice on how to approach this with the bank would be great

as i dont want to just take the query to the bank and then get it refused at the first hurdle.

follow the advice in post 2.

its a well known spoof

you wont be the first I bet

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have now discovered that when you take up the Stemologica offer,

as well as getting the beautemer product added and charged for it, a

nd then registered as a customer on both Stemologica and Beautegold sites

you will also be rregistered on the Stemacell site as well, a

nd probably for all the other sites run by this company.

You are in fact dealing with the one company namely Henesei Ltd.

• 1 year later...

I have contacted Trading Standards Advice, and the practice is contravening BritishConsumer Contract Regulations (Contracts at a Distance) for quite a few reasons. However, as many of these companies give addresses in the UK that are PO Box numbers, the possibility is that they are operating from a non-UK base and therefore not regulated by UK law. If an actual address can be found, the situation could be different. Does anyone have one for these companies?

very old thread chrissie

if you look at other threads concerning these

you'll see several addresses

and they