style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

With all debts that are pre 6th April (when the new fee scale was introduced) it is important to get full details of all previous fees charged to ascertain what fee (if any) can now be charged.

The only previous fee was the cost of the Liability Order ... But I will certainly email the Council to make sure.

Thanks

Imp

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the letter you have had from Equita titled Notice of Enforcement? If so:

What date was it written

How was it delivered - do you still have the envelope

What date did you receive it

What date does it say you have to contact them by

Equita have form for not complying with the timescales laid down & if the Notice is defective they cannot charge the Compliance Fee.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After staying up into the very early hours, I found Equita's original letter (still unopened) under a deluge of sympathy cards, dated 24th April 2014 --- advising that a payment arrangement had to be agreed by 2nd May 2014 at 17.30 pm or else ... their usual "if you don't pay" threats etc and possible additional fees and expenses of enforcement. (My mother had been seriously ill at the time and subsequently died of sepsis at the beginning of July, so I wasn't really in a very good place at the time.)

I received their second letter just before Xmas .. advising that I had failed to "enter into a short-term payment plan to assist [you] during the festive period". I have been advised that one of their enforcement agents will be paying me a visit or may already have done so. How lovely! I'm always looking happy to get my best china out but my mother always told me never to talk to strangers, so he'll have to stay very firmly outside.

It's now been ten months since Equita first contacted me. They're obviously either very busy or they can't really bothered to pay me a visit.

My contact at my former council, who have instructed Equita, isn't available until the 28th January 2014. However, I have e-mailed him and advised him that I will continue paying my token £1.00 pcm by standing order until the debt is cleared or until my new business allows me to draw a wage, and have suggested that he call off the dogs.

If there's anything else I can do, please let me know.

Impecunious!

PS Thank you Admin for finding this this old thread and adding my new posts .... I thought it had been deleted this morning

• 1 month later...

Delighted to advise that the council in question has now effectively "written off" all outstanding CT liability on this old account by awarding a discretionary payment award in the sum of c. £600.00. It's taken over six years but just shows that persistence, persuasion and patience sometimes pays off.

Still "impecunious" but satisfied with the result.

Impecunious!

Well done for persevering. That's great. :)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.