Issued summons and warrant against Barclays Mortgage Service, Leicester

misterpinkwhistle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have issued a County Court Summons against Barclays Mortgage Service, PO Box 8575.

As they failed to respond

I have entered judgement against them and a warrant for full payment was attempted to be issued by the bailiff,

because we only have a PO Box address the bailiff is unable to execute the warrant.

Does anyone know the real address for this office in Leicester ?

I would have thought that you should have issued the claim to their Registered office : 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP. ?

Do you have any of their letters which gives either the address above or another proper postal address for them ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Do you know if they received the original claim form ? It sounds as though you obtained a Judgment by default and the chances are they will very likely make an attempt to get any judgment set aside once they are fully aware of it.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Barclays were well aware a County Court claim was being started

because I asked them for the address for service which they gave as the PO Box address.

The Court in Leicester are now sending me a form to allow the warrant to be reissued at

either the address in Leicester if it can be found or the Head office in London.

Barclays are aware of the warrant but still refuse to give their real address,

thank you for your interest.

Residential mortgages -Barclays Bank as The Woolwich

The Woolwich - Mortgage Loan Services, DX 742451, Leicester 34 or The Woolwich,Mortgage Loan Services, PO Box 8575, Leicester LE18 9AW

Is this the address that you have ?

BCOBS

http://www.cml.org.uk/cml/handbook/northernireland/question-list/908

This is where I got the address above from.

BCOBS

The summons was issued, they did not reply within the 14 days, I left it a further 3 weeks and contacted the court, judgement was entered and an immediate payment within 2 days was issued by the court this was also ignored . A warrant was issued but the bailiff was unable to serve because of the PO Box address and was unable to find the real address.

Hi Mr PW,

I'd be concerned about the actual name you used to sue them. Please confirm what name you put on the N1 form.

The London HQ address is nearly always the one to use.

Can you tell us if you sued for mortgage penalty charges, or something else.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

it was for legal fees, I am a freeholder and the leaseholder failed to pay for repair works at the property, insurance and ground rent totalling over £2000.00. A land registry search revealed the leaseholders lender was Barclays. They were contacted by phone. post and email on multiple occasions over six months. Eventually they said I would have to use a solicitor to recover the money owing and that they would pay the legal fees. A solicitor managed to recover the whole amount due but not including the legal fees. when I presented the solicitors invoice to Barclays they refused to make promised payment. I contacted the Chairman of Barclays by post explaining what they had agreed but to no avail. I then started a county Court Claim which was sent to the address they advised could be used for service of documents, the Head office of the Mortgage Department Leicester was the address on the summons, the immediate payment request from the court and the warrant.

Hi Mr P and thanks for the further info.

The quickest way forward may be to write to Barclays Litigation Team at the London HQ address - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?208-Email-or-contact-details-for-Barclays

Enclose a copy of the court judgement and tell them you require immediate payment or Enforcement action will be taken without further warning.

See how they respond.

Did the Land Registry entry show the full name of the leaseholders lender and, if so, what exact name.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

The Leicester County Court are sending me a form to allow the Warrant to be redirected. If I am unable to find the real address in Leicester then I will have to pay a fee to change the warrant address to the Head office in London and the Bailiff will then execute the warrant there. All the fees are added to the warrant.

Barclays are named as the lender on the land registry and have accepted it is their customer. The court have already asked for an immediate payment to be received within 2 days which was ignored and that was why an additional fee was paid and the Bailiff instructed. I have been tweeting them today for the real address but they refuse to give it !!!

Hi Mr PW,

I've been looking around for a definitive answer to the name of the body you should have sued.

Have a look at the foot of this Woolwich page, which is current - https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CCsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.woolwich.co.uk%2F&ei=BITGVOHjKMKa7gb604CYCQ&usg=AFQjCNE3JsZhSfYqrShzbM71k8n9KI6ucg&sig2=rlbCBnOecULh4Dv3XlYYSw

'The Woolwich' and 'Woolwich' are trademarks and trading names of Barclays Bank PLC.

Accordingly, I would have named the Defendant as :-

Barclays Bank PLC t/a Woolwich

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

I am not at all surprised that they are not helping you. After all, you're suing them !!