Returning to work change to shift pattern

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently been off work with depression for 3 months,

I work shifts with 5 other people

used to be 12 but they cut us to such an extent and

then added more work that it made me ill.

I am also a full time carer.

they are now offering me a return to work with different hours

I have mentioned that I would feel better just working nights and weekends

where my sisters could help more with the care of my disabled mother

thus giving me more breathing space.

However one of my colleagues has complained that they should have a say

in what shifts/hours are being offered to me if i return full time which i hoped to do.

He thinks that my manager should not be offering me anything without discussing with the rest of my colleagues what they are prepared to work.

If that is the case then I cannot see me going back at all I thought the policies were there to help not for my illness to be discussed by the group

Absolute tosh

The employer has responsibilities to your welfare. They should be told to mind their own business.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I "think" my employer should pay me more than my colleagues. Doesn't mean they'll take any notice. Just like your colleague "thinks" you are a topic for discussion.

Think about making a formal request for the hours you need under flexible working policy?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

The Occ health department were concerned about my condition and they agreed that i was unable to work for the time being my mother was very ill in hospital and everything with the job and the stress of working 12 hour shifts on my own just wore me down I have never felt so ill/down in my life I'm not usually an emotional person but just could not stop crying lost weight and generally felt unwell went to see my dr who signed me off straight away then sent me for tests which showed i had an under active thyroid which i am currently being treated for the last time i was off sick from work was when i had a total knee replacement for arthritis which was in 2009 so i don't just take time off whenever i feel like it. The authority would not let me go on VR as they had already left two other staff go and they need 6 to provide an out of hours service I have agreed to try to return to work although would not be doing days just nights and weekends still working 12 hour shifts still lone working but at least i would be home in the day time to assist with my mothers care I have gone through the union for this return to work put forward a workable solution for my return my male colleague thinks that depression does not exist and I'm just doing it to change my work pattern if truth be told I'd rather not be there at all having worked over 20 years for them doing shift work which enabled me to look after my mother in the first place