HMRC Customer Service (JOKE)

firstship
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been PAYE for the last 50 years now I have finally retired and receive a small private pension and state pension which are fixed amounts the wonderful HMRC insist I go onto Self Assessment and to add insult to injury because they made an error last year they want me to pay £249 in underpaid tax for the year 2011/12.I have advised them that my middle names are Starbuck-Google-Arcadia and I want to negotiate a write off for the £249,to date no reply

FS

I am Absolutely, p.....d of with HMRC and I propose to push this to the limit,and I guess like most tax payers,not really happy with their bloody incompetence and the massive write offs made to thousands of companies and the individuals who subscribe to legal tax avoidance, schemes,and what is more numerous Civil Servants use these schemes.,HMRC have been aware of tax avoidance schemes for over 10 years and done absolutely nothing.Am still waiting a response to my first letter,I will give them 7 more days,if no reply,I will send a copy along with my invoice for my time to date which believe it or not comes to £249

FS

• 5 weeks later...

Reply from HMRC,they acknowledge the various points that I raised,however they where not in a position to discuss the tax affairs of any other person or company,and they require payment of the underpaid tax,or an offer of payment on a monthly basis.

Not happy with this reply,and they ignored my points regarding self assessment,so now I will send a copy of the original letter with highlights of the questions they need to reply to,I intend to enclose my invoice now for my time etc also I will include copies of various newspaper articles regarding Starbucks,Google,Arcadia

FS

• 1 year later...

WARNING............. have been told 3 times in the last few days HMRC are not answering letters for up to 7 weeks,so January 31st will come and go and letters sent mid December disputing their demands will not be answered and you will be fined.Customer Service is almost NON EXISTENT

FS

• 4 weeks later...

has anybody had any dealings with this person?

The post code BX5 5AB cannot be found under post code checker.which forms part of her address

The Mrs C Graham character never signs her letters and works out of Debt Management and Banking DMB 400 arm of HMRC.

If you Google this person she has not got a single person who has a good word to say about her

Cannot get hold of her email address

FS

BX5 5AB is a non geographic postcode.

It does not apply to one particular address but dependent on the DMB xxx is where the envelopes go...

some route to chesterfield, others to bradford... etc.

I will add to this tommorrow / tonight with physical address and or email for persons....

N

There's every chance that she doesn't really exist or that she's just a pen name of a number of departments in a certain part of the DWP. it's very much like the letters you get from other Government departments that are never actually seen by the person whose name accompanies them.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Even then, whomever does send it isn't necessarily responsible personally for its content or production - I'd go so far as to say that 90% of letters like these are automatically generated.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

• 3 weeks later...

Of we go again, I now have a threatening letter from Mrs T.Foster,Debt Recovery Department,even though I have written confirmation that the matter is settled to HMRC satisfaction,for sure there are so many HMRC offices covering numerous subjects that they lack a total inability to actually communicate with each other,and todays phone call got me through to a Call Centre who did not have a clue and lacked copies of numerous letters,and said they need to speak to a Manager and I will phone you on Monday,not holding my breath.

Mrs T Foster who I asked for on the phone,was not available,and probably non existent.

FS

I very much hope they do not use fake names on their letters,however getting in touch with the person who sent the letter and not signed it,is almost impossible,and likewise if they bothered to sign the letter,still very difficult to actually speak to this person on the phone,after waiting anything from 30 minutes to 1 hour.HMRC big organisation,to many departments spread over the country,who's ability to actually communicate with each other seems impossible

Small Rant Over

FS

Why do you need to speak to that specific person?

The chances of that person actually being trained in that area are slim.

I would agree that they have too many departments. It would be impossible to have everyone trained in every tax.

The person who sent the letter signed or unsigned I would assume has all the details to hand to justify sending out the annoying letter,if this is not the case I would be extremely upset.

FS

FS, I'm afraid it's time to get upset...

They expect people to use the details on the letter to contact them and then whomever answers the phone 'should' be able to see the details of your case by using your reference number. Long gone are the days of dealing with one named person I'm afraid.

think about it Hi.....I am to old and have a long memory and spent a good amount of my working life in the Global Private Sector,where the BUCK STOPPED with me,and I suppose I find the HMRC methods very strange and unacceptable in many instances,problem with getting old

FS

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Yes my partner has had letters from this person, and yes he has had numerous letters fro all over the country, he has replied to them but there is something wrong with these people, they insist he has not completed self assessment forms for about 10 years, and they are correct namely because he doesn't have to, for some reason they believe he is a director of our company when he is not he is however a shareholder - somewhat different. Why don't they just check the records at Companies House, or is that too simplistic? Either way we have an ongoing problem with them which we are trying to sort out, they recently threatened to bankrupt him if he didn't pay, and so we did pay (around £18,000) we have asked our accountant to deal with this, and hopefully we will get a refund. They should ask Mrs. C Graham to deal with Starbucks and Google etc., and not bully small business people.:mad2: