style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Sorry new here but hoping you may be able to help.

I have just registered with noodle as had started to receive calls from a company called MKRR.

They wanted me to confirm who I was but as I had no idea who they were

and so wouldn't confirm anything with them until they confirmed who they were.

Unfortunately they are now persistant and a web search revealed they were a debt collection agency

yet until i can confirm who they are and what they represent

and want I am not comfortable passing their identity confirmation checks!!!

Once registered with noodle I was surprised to see 3 defaults on my file.

One was from Mkdp llp with a default date of 30/11/2010

and the other two are from Marlin financial with a default date of 29/11/2011.

Obviously neither of these companies are MKRR and I'm not sure where these defaults have come from

as I have never received a default notice and not sure what the debts are for?

Anyone have any suggestions of how to tackle this?

With many thanks in advance,

ZF

Hi all,

Sorry new here but hoping you may be able to help

- also posted in CRA forum so sorry if posts are in the wrong place

but after reading other people's dealings with DCAs I'm getting concerned.

I have just registered with noodle as had started to recieve calls from a company called MKRR.

They wanted me to confirm who I was but as I had no idea who they were

and so wouldn't confirm anything with them until they confirmed who they were.

Unfortunately they are now persistant and a web searchicon revealed they were a debt collectionicon agency

yet until i can confirm who they are and what they represent

and want I am not comfortable passing their identity confirmation checks!!!

Once registered with noodle I was surprised to see 3 defaults on my file.

One was from Mkdp llp with a default date of 30/11/2010

and the other two are from Marlin financial with a default date of 29/11/2011.

Obviously neither of these companies are MKRR

and I'm not sure where these defaults have come from as I have never received a default notice

and not sure what the debts are for?

Anyone have any suggestions of how to tackle this?

With many thanks in advance,

ZF

If it helps MKRR are essentially the same company as MKDP.

Can you remember any debts from around 2010 or 2011? Both MKDP and Marlin are debt buyers who have probably bought the debt.

Are you in England and wales or Scotland, it could be relevant

If they call you again do not discuss anything on the phone just tell them to putr anything in writing and wait until you hear from them

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Hi thanks for the reply.

I'm in Wales but only since the end of last year was in England prior to that.

They won't discuss anything with me until I confirm who I am but I don't know who they are so have refused to give any details as they are asking for DOB etc which coming form a company I know nothing about seems to be a bit intrusive! Forgot to say I've asked for them to put it in writing but they won't confirm the address I have with them until I confirm who I am!

I don't recall any debts in either of those years, I had just left uni but didn't have any credit cards etc just lived off my student finances. I have moved around a lot due to work commitments and the address in the marlin finance relates to my old uni address which I moved away from in 2010.

Feeling a bit lost as to what to do as don't want to be getting any action from debts I'm not aware of especially if the action goes to a previous and very old address.

Again thanks in advance,

ZF

You are handling it absolutely correctly. Have no dealings with them on the phone at all.

You should actually be recording all your calls – but I suppose you don't. You will come to regret it.

Read our guide on dealing with customer services and pay particular attention to our advice on call recording and also keeping a detailed log of calls.

On the phone, tell them that you are fed up being badgered by them and that you don't want any more calls and that you know who they are and that you will be reporting them if they continue. When you say this, tell them that your call is being recorded and a copy of the recording will also be sent as part of the complaint. After this do not warm again that you are recording calls.

Most of the litter MKRR pick up was dropped by Barclays / Barclaycard or HSBC/First Direct . Not necessarily a credit card or loan: could also be an outstanding overdraft.

Marlin can be pretty much anything.

Be careful about mail going to old addresses and you being given a default CCJ - oh, then magically finding you and harassing you to pay up, or else.

Thanks for the advice so far will look to download a recording app for when/if they call back! Interesting as the one that says Mkdp says barclaycard but no reference to the two marlin ones.

No calls so far today after they called me on my direct dial at work yesterday and I told them never to call me again!

However should I try and find out what it's all about? Should I request the original credit agreements as my main problem is the defaults and how to remove them.

Many thanks again.

well the debts have been sold on

so there probably something wrong with them

if these lowlifes have them.

the debt description should give you a clue.

what are the defaulted dates?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx,

The one from Mkdp llp has a default date of 30/11/2010

the other two from Marlin financial have a default date of 29/11/2011.

It says they are for credit cards??

And for the amounts of £980, £1150 and £1500 (rounded up figures)

After reading around the site

I'm not sure whether I should send a cca request to try and get to the bottom of them???

Thanks again from a very bemused zebra frog!!?!?

sorry I was on a small screen earlier, can now see you had posted the default info.

if you are/have not yet

got any letters from these DCA's

I'd await paper stuff first.

that will tell you the debt's original creditor.

just remember

THEY ARE NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Could they be anything to do with your student loans or money owed to the Uni?

If you are certain they are not yours then yes take them to task, maybe start with the smallest first just in case

how can you be sure they are not yours?

did you have 3 credit cards?

CCA REQUEST to each one will tell you the details.

however if they are yours

not matter what you do

even paying wont remove the defaults

and they

Hi,

Thanks again for the replies.

I pay my student loan through my pay and no I didn't have credit cards at uni as went as a mature student and didn't want to leave with loads of debt.

I'm not sure what they are but at the moment am mainly worried about being chased or having a CCJ's put on my file as its gone to an old address.

I think, if you are in agreement, my best course of action is to send a cca request to both Mkdp and marlin, especially marlin as my CRA file shows an old address for the two marlin defaults and at least if they have my current address they can't try and sneak a CCJ's on me whilst I try and get to the bottom of this.

I also would like them to show me the original cca so I can see who and when the credit cards were taken out. I am thinking it may have been someone who moved into the student house I used to live in??? But looking at your site and others I think this may be a very difficult one to prove especially if the DCAs dont have the original documents.

Such a mess but trying to remain calm! I know worse things happen in life but it's bloomin annoying and slightly ironic that I never had a credit card whilst at uni to try and avoid debt issues later on in life!!! Just upsetting too that if I can't prove this wasn't me then I may have no choice but to wait until they drop off ..... Unless someone else has a better idea?

Thanks in advance once again

ZF

prove as far as you can its fraud

by whatever methods

if the dca's have no paperwork the original creditors will

that might take an SAR

but you need to know WHO they were,

it might pay you here to adapt the CCA request slightly.

include a line that you believe this was fraud

after you moved from the addres

if there is no paperwork forthcoming

could they please atleast tell you the CArd number and the original creditor

most DCA's when they see fraud is suspected are very good with info.

then contact actionfraud

dx

and they

Why would you send a CCA request if they are not your debts?

While DX advises adapting the CCA letter,

you should really be simply stating you have no knowledge of these debts and demanding proof,

and further demand that the defaults are removed until they prove the debts are yours.

Asking for a CCA could be taken to suggest you know about the accounts.

If you know the debts are not yours,

you are asking to see a document that does not concern you – the victim would be the bank.

You are mere collateral, sadly, but you need to work to get the defaults removed.

You might also want to inform your local police and request a crime reference.

You probably won’t get it (they’ll point you at Action Fraud – useless!), but it’s good ammo and worth a try.

Hi,

Thanks for the responses but have to say I'm confused as to what to do for the best now!

I have to think about a quick and long term solution. I have spoken to the police and without proof it's not mine it's going to take a lot to even begin to tackle getting the defaults removed as I need to prove the fraud!

I need to, I think, send something to both DCAs to see if they have anything to show when the original debt was taken out...... Don't i? Asking for this surly isn't an admission that's it my debt and I only know about them via my credit file so in a way of course I know about the accounts as 3 big red defaults wave at me from my credit file!!

Help please as was calm before but now feel like I'm in a catch 22!!

As your credit file is being trashed, and you’re absolutely sure the debts are not yours, I would write to each of these companies pointing this out. There is no benefit to you in leaving it for them to prove, or take legal action against you. Although you will easily defend such action, it will be hassle.

Although we know that deep down they’re all b***ards, I think you should tackle this head on, as fletch and dx have suggested. Otherwise, as you say, they may issue claims at old addresses and miraculously find you when they get a default judgment.

Simply state the facts of your case, and advise that failure to remove the defaults will result in further action from you, including a complaint to the Information Commissioner as well as possible legal action. Tell them you are delaying applying for credit because of these erroneous defaults, and it is affecting your life.

If they then continue to harass you or fail to investigate your complaint, then you must follow through with complaints. Send everything recorded or, if you do call, make sure you record everything.

In the meantime, you are entitled to add a notice of correction to your credit files.

• Haha 1

On reflection I am coming down totally in agreement with donkey.

A complaint to Noodle is one action,

another is a complaint to both these creditors using the reference number on your credit file.

Tell them that you know nothing of the alleged account,

they need to prove your liability to it and failing that they must remove the defaults from your credit file

and pay you an amount of compensation to be agreed.

So that's a letter to Noodle,

one to marlin and

one to MKDP.

Make sure you head it Formal Complaint and

I always add at the bottom that I am aware they have 8 weeks to resolve the situation

or you will escalate it to the Fos.

The basic prove it letter is in the library

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387363-You-know-nothing-of-the-Debt-Prove-It-(Updated-21.04.2014)

• 2 months later...