Studio catalogue adding service charges to bill?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a studio catalogue that I have ordered a few things out of and

my bill sits at around £130 at the moment with a minimum payment of £10 required each month.

I pay them that £10 each month in advance of the due date via online card payment

but when I look on the bills they send through the post

there is a small service charge but it gets bigger with each bill?

So last time I paid them £12 instead of £10 to cover the service charge

and yet this time a HIGHER service charge has been added of £4.50?

So only £5.50 of what I paid is knocked off the bill while the rest is added back on the balance as a service charge.

Can someone explain these service charges to me as I've had a littlewoods account for years and they don't add any service charge.

I do know that sometimes if you pay catalogues via the standing order at Post Office there is sometimes a small charge,

but how come Studio are adding on higher service charges even though I pay with their prefer method of card??

look in their T&C's

find out what it is?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Service Charge (Interest)

This is the charge we make if you decide to pay by instalments. It is calculated as a percentage of the balance brought forward from your last statement, together with a pro-rata service charge upon purchases added to your balance on your previous statement for the period between despatch of each item and the date of the previous statement. There is a minimum service charge of £1. The rate of interest and further information regarding the calculation of service charge as applied to your account is available on request.

If you pay the outstanding balance on your Personal Account in full within 21 days (from the date of your statement), you will not incur any service charge.

This is what it says on their site about the service charges.

The part I don't get though is that it seems to be saying that the only way to avoid a service charge being added each time is to pay off the full balance before the next statement. So what's the point then of offering you the option to pay in installments in the first place?

If a charge is added each time no matter how much you pay off you bill, then how will the bill ever be paid off?

This is what it says on their site about the service charges.

The part I don't get though is that it seems to be saying that the only way to avoid a service charge being added each time is to pay off the full balance before the next statement. So what's the point then of offering you the option to pay in installments in the first place?

If a charge is added each time no matter how much you pay off you bill, then how will the bill ever be paid off?

The pooint is that they make money from the service charges :p

Same as a credit card

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.