Vodafone nuisance calls #9260167 - i'm after obtaining an injunction order

p3t3r
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

20th January I received two phone calls from one number.

21st January, the same number called me.

Upon answering, the vodafone rep asked me a few questions about my phone, what i use it for etc etc.

After explaining to the vodafone rep that I work night shifts and her call woke me up,

she persisted in asking me questions. I answered a few more questions and could feel myself waking up even more...

In the end, I became annoyed and told the rep that I am going to have to end the call because I need to sleep in preparation for my night shift.

The rep still persisted in asking me even more questions!!!!!!

So, I become more annoyed and ask to speak to a manager or supervisor.

The vodafone rep apologised and said all managers are busy, but someone will call me back.

No call was received.

My question:

I have contacted vodafone for a PAC code so I can keep my number and move to a mobile supplier

who does not contact its customers with sales calls etc.

But now that Vodafone have my number,

am I likely to receive calls from them in the future when I am with my new provider?

I know this may not seem a huge problem to some people,

but as I work nights and need as much sleep as I can in the day,

I do not want vodafone to persist in calling me!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed I don't think leaving will resolve it.

we have a very good rep here

I'm sure this can simply be resolved.

We here at CAg have a very successful VodaFone Rep operating here

We advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

If you'd like any help from Lee, email your details via the Contact us form here (https://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=ESCALATION_REQUEST&PARTITION_ID=1&CONFIGURATION=1000&COUNTRY=us&LANGUAGE=en)

you MUST PUT the code 'WRT135 - CAG Forum' in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this

Vodafone UK

CAG.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Are you sure this IS Vodafone calling? Many companies ring and pretend to be one company when in actual fact they are a marketing company.

Why would VF need to ask about usage? All they need to do is look at the account to see what usage there is.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi p3t3r and Sparks_,

If you'd like any help from me, email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK

Hello,

I requested that Vodafone stop their communication and explained that I work nights and need sleep in the day.

This was supposed to have been done 2 days ago.

Again, yesterday and today they persist.

Speaking with someone at vodafone today, she assured me that my details had been taken off their database and I would receive no further calls. But, I was told the same thing earlier this week.

Can not be bothered dealing with this anymore and will change networks ASAP.

Does anyone know if vodafone will still call me after I have changed networks?

and despite all of the above....

vodafone sent me a text for a customer survey about 20 minutes ago!!

so, after I spend my money to call them again to request they stop their communication, then persist in sending me a text (communication) asking about how well they did!

let lee sort it please

go get the require ref number

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello Lee / Vodafone rep,

34 minutes spent on one call to yourselves today and approx 40 minutes spent in your online chat today.

when requesting in online chat for vodafone to stop their communication (calls and texts) i was told the following:

I would like to share that as this is a pay as you go number,

it will require a registration in the online account otherwise I tried doing for you,

but the system is not allowing me to do so.

Please understand, I am trying my beast to help you, so that you do not face any difficulty again.

So, the information I was told in vodafone online chat is that I need an online account for them to stop calling and texting me?

This information was not told to me the previous times I had requested them to stop calling me.

But that is only a vodafone requirement.

It is not a requirement of legislation that I must join vodafone online account in order for vodafone to stop their unwanted communications.

After continuing in online chat, the rep then decided that I could be removed from the database

without me having to register an online account for this.

But I have already been told by 3 or 4 other reps that my details had been removed from database.

Thank you for your help,

but I no longer require any help or assistance.

It is a PAYG sim card and I will simply dispose of it when the credit is used and will most likely never try out vodafone again.

Spending a total of around 4 hours in trying to get Vodafone to remove me from the database is unacceptable.

Being woken up in daytime AFTER being told no further communication would take place is also unacceptable.

Sending me 2 texts about an hour after my complaint today after being assured that no further communication would take place is just pathetic. Sorry.

Hello Lee,

I have received your email which states "that no further sales calls are made"

Thank you for your help!

Some other things:

1. Upon first complaint that Vodafone took no action to remove me from database, I was told I would receive £5 of credit. I am not sure if this had been applied since I was not aware of my balance.

2. Upon further contact with Vodafone, within your website online chat, I was told I would receive £10 of credit. This has not been applied.

Can you confirm when I should receive this credit? Or perhaps the online chat rep simply told me incorrectly that I would receive this credit, since it has been confirmed that I was told incorrectly another thing in relation to having to open an online account.

3. I was told a manager would contact me. (I gave yourselves permission for a manager to directly call me) - No phone call has been received.

4. Upon cause for yet further complaint as Vodafone did not remove my details as per my request, I requested again to speak to a manager and was told that a manager would phone me back. (Again, I gave yourselves permission for the manager to directly call me).

So, I am unsure if the initial £5 credit had been applied. Though I am sure that the additional credit of £10 has not been applied as well as vodafone stating that someone would contact me - which they have not. - This is on two separate occasions.

Hello Lee,

Thank you again for your help.

Having been told by your colleagues that I would receive credit and then not receiving credit is a complaint in itself!

Is there any reason why, after speaking with many of your colleagues and yourself within this forum that I am still receiving communication from you?

For example, your colleagues stated that they would remove me from the database previously, you have stated that you have also achieved this.

So, why am I still receiving communication from you?

Your latest text states the following:

"Umm-ing and arr-ing about whether to upgrade? Don't delay, the Vodafone Winter Sale ends on Monday. ...... To end texts, send STOP to 9774"

-----------

OK, so I am back to square 1 again, despite many requests...

1. Please remove me from your database, I do not wish to receive any phone calls from yourselves.

2. Please check with colleagues concerning their promise of credit being applied to my account - this has not happened.

Also, please will you let me know where I may obtain a copy of all the telephone conversations I have had with vodafone concerning the above matter during the last 2 weeks in addition to a copy of all communication Vodafone has sent to myself such as calls and texts. (Subject Access Request).

Thank you again for your help!

Hi p3t3r,

I'll take another look at this when I check the credits raised to your account.

To request a copy of your account records, you'll need to complete the form available here.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK

I am sorry Lee but I disagree. Nobody needs to fill in your template. Any letter sent in relation to a SAR will suffice.

With your template saying that contracts are not available, that is also not the case. What may be on the system may not correspond with what the contract says. I have seen time and again with VF (and to be fair other providers) where the customer signed up to a 12 month contract only to find they are locked in to an 18+ month contract.

The terms and Conditions may say one thing but the contract states what actually has been agreed to and as such should be made available

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Hello, thank you for your reply. In relation to the Subject Access Request, I require the following:

1. Copy of first phone call from Vodafone, (marketing, wanting me to change from PAYG to contract). Within the phone call I asked 3 times if phone call was necessary since the phone call had woke me up. After becoming impatient, I requested to speak with a manager and requested no further communication from vodafone.

2. Copy of second phone call - again me requesting that Vodafone stop their communication, plus a complaint that I have already instructed vodafone to stop their communication to which they had not done.

Interestingly, within this phone call, it can be seen that I told Vodafone that any further communication from themselves would result in a complaint to ICO in addition to me making a claim in respect of my time which I considered is now being wasted by vodafone.

3. Copy of third phone call - again, my request that Vodafone remove me from their database and do not contact me, again yet another complaint that Vodafone had not already done this despite being asked two times already.

4. Copy of online chat - whereby a Vodafone representative incorrectly informed me that I would have to make an 'online account' in order to stop receiving marketing communication. Vodafone representative also incorrectly informed me that I would receive £10 credit, this has not been applied.

The above are details which I require as my SAR. I do not request a copy of account records, just the phone calls and communication which has been made recently.

Now another matter you may be able to help me with:

1. Within the first or second phone call (you can check for accuracy), I informed Vodafone that should they not remove me from their database then it may be a possibility that I claim from Vodafone in respect of my lost time etc. Whilst I feel that I can not claim for loss of earnings (didn't attend work due to broken sleep), I feel as though I can make a claim for the total amount of time I have had to spend in dealing with this. Vodafone had failed to remove me from their database, despite being requested to do so several times. Can you advise me on what payment Vodafone will be making in respect of my time that they have wasted? If Vodafone are not willling to make a payment in respect of my time, then please advise as to where I may send this area of my complaint to?

Thanks.

Hello,

I requested that Vodafone stop their communication and explained that I work nights and need sleep in the day.

And despite this, someone from Vodafone called me today in relation to the complaint ive left on consumer action group website.

Can anyone in vodafone sort this out?

WHAT PART OF: I DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE CALLS OR TEXTS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND????

Admittedly I gave yourselves permission for a manager to call me back on two occasions, (you can review phone calls to hear that I gave yourselves permission for a manager to call me back, - however, no calls were made in the timeframe as promised by vodafone.

Yet, vodafone call me earlier in relation to complaint made on consumer action group website....

When I questionned the vodafone caller today in relation to if vodafone is aware I work nights and sleep in the day, Vodafone rep simply said that they are aware of this and that is why the rep asked me during the phone call if it is convenient to call me.

This is absolutely pathetic service.

You may deal with me in writing only. You have my email.

You are dealing with a complaint about me receiving unwanted calls from vodafone. To resolve this complaint, you call me on my phone and ask if it is convenient to talk to me.... and when I asked you if you are aware I work nights and do not want to be disturbed in the day, vodafone rep simply stated that that is why he asked if it was convenient to talk to me...

Have you not understood the basis of my complaint?

Edited by p3t3r

hello voda rep,

apologies for my last message earlier today, i was irritated at receiving a phone call from vodafone manager in relation to myself not wanting phone calls from vodafone.

since receiving phone call earlier, i have spent 53 minutes in vodafone online chat. that was a waste of time since the vodafone online chat rep could not understand my complaint, she said she would remove me from marketing calls, she could not understand that I do not wish to receive ANY phone calls from vodafone... Something which I would have assumed the manager who called me today would have realised!

Quite simply, I do not know what to do or how to make it any more clearer to vodafone that I do not wish to receive any phone calls or texts from them!

Why a vodafone manager calls a customer in relation to a customers complaint about unwanted phone calls from vodafone is beyond belief!

I gave yourselves permission for a manager to call me on 2 occasions, that time frame was within 24 - 48 hours, this was last week.... I quite clearly gave yourselves permission for vodafone to call within that time frame only. (for clarification, i suggest review of recorded phone calls).

Why did a manager call me today? The manager said it was a complaint on Consumer Action Group website. What has been resolved for me? Has anything been resolved for me... because.... well, how can it be resolved when a manager today calls me, asks me if it is convenient to speak, i ask if vodafone is aware i work nights and does not want any calls.... and manager says that is the reason why he asked if it was convenient for me to speak?

Can nobody at vodafone understand this ????

Hello Vodafone!

I received email from yourselves which stated:

In acknowledgement of your dissatisfaction with the level of service you've previously received, I'll arrange for a further £25 (inc. VAT) to be credited to your account as a goodwill gesture.

£25 as a goodwill gesture?

Please confirm whether the £25 goodwill gesture is vodafone final response and final full settlement to my various complaints as outlined.

If this is your final response and full settlement, you make keep the £25 and I will make the necessary formal letter to escalate this complaint further and attempt to claim back the total loss in respect of the time I have wasted in dealing with yourselves concerning your repeated failings in this matter.

Thank you.

ps... vodafone can confirm here, or within my email... AGAIN i make it clear that I DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE PHONE CALLS FROM VODAFONE

£25 as a 'goodwill gesture' I hate those words as they are basically saying," we screwed up but we won't admit fault."

When a company gets it wrong they should acknowledge that they have let the customer down and please accept this amount as compensation for our poor service. It isn't a gesture of anything. It is an insult!

Hello Lee or any other Vodafone rep,

I refer you to an online chat with a vodafone rep yesterday:

Karl: at 16:26:06 The team will have a full record of this chat to pick up where we left so that you don't have to repeat yourself, please stay online till you get connected to someone, and I wish you a great day.

Anna: at 16:52:43 Now I will help you in resolving your issue related to unwanted phone calls and text messages

half hour wait in order for someone at vodafone to finally say they will help me resolve issues relating to unwanted phone calls and texts....

Anna: at 16:57:23 I've arranged everything on the account now and the issue has been resolved completely.

Anna: at 16:58:09 I've also discussed the case with the manager and technical team and they also verified the same and assured me that this will not happen again.

Finally, I have assurance that this will not happen again.

That assurance and online chat was yesterday..... Why did I receive a text message from vodafone earlier today, asking me to go to vodafone website ???

Is there nobody within Vodafone who can stop unwanted calls and texts???

Also, you have details of my complaint. Your only response is to ignore my complaint and offer me a goodwill gesture of £25

Please be informed that I am now following the example as given here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20068927 and that any further unsolicited calls or texts will incur a charge of £10 per minute of my time.

I did inform yourselves (you may check in your recorded phone call) that any further unwanted communication from yourselves will involve a charge in respect of my time.

I did not say a charge (as outlined by the above example), how I wish I said £10 a minute! :) However, I will accept 'compensation' or you may choose to reword this as a 'goodwill gesture' of £25 in respect for each unsolicited SMS or call received from vodafone in addition to £25 for each time I have had to contact vodafone in relation to them stopping sending me unsolicited texts or phone calls.

If you do not understand my complaint, or do not agree to my compensation request for the amount of time I have spent in dealing with the complaint, please will you escalate this complaint to higher management.

hello,

just a quick question..

Vodafone state that they need a copy of my passport, driver’s licence or utility bill so they can give me my subject access request.

Is it necessary that I send them these personal details? I am a PAYG customer and all I want is copy of phone calls and online chat showing i requested no phone calls or texts, plus I want a copy of all phone calls and texts that were made to me during the last 2 weeks during the times I have been trying to stop such calls and texts.

From what I see, vodafone can not understand the concept of personal information, data protection act etc, and that makes me feel uncomfortable sending them a copy of my passport and drivers licence or utility bill. Is it necessary they receive these personal documents from me in order for them to process my SAR?

a ctax bill will do

they don't have your photo nor sig

so sending anything like that is somewhat pointless

as they've nowt to compare against.

only thing they can 'judge' is the authenticity of the passport.

and they