Problems With Neighbours

Rickoza
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Both ourselves and our neighbours have bought their houses. We had Sky out to fix the dish on the chimney recently and our next-door neighbour's father, who lives 100 yards down the road, suddenly appeared and was aggressive and obstructive when the Engineers were attempting to do their job. It's not the first time this father has caused hassle, he's been aggressive and threatening before. His son really isn't any problem but for some reason his father seems to think he can object to anything we seem to do even like parking on the communal space by the road. Is there anything we can do to stop this guy hassling us?

Yep. Sit him down and discuss any problems. Failing that, seek legal advice.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hello there.

It's always hard when you don't see eye to eye with next door. A word of caution though, if you go legal over a dispute, it could be something you would have to declare if and when you want to sell the house. Hopefully a good lawyer will talk you through that.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks. The problem isn't even with next door really, it's this guys' father who insists on complaining and trying to tell us what to do and he lives 100 yards away! He's the real problem not our neighbours which complicates things I think.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

The father has nothing to do with your home. As such you could take action against him for harassment. Sinc eyou have no issues with your immediate neighbours, perhaps ask them to intervene on your behalf.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I had a bad neighbour once too, and it really difficult. Unfortunately it is very difficult to do anything about it legally. I think you just have to try and completely ignore him - he is less likely to continue if he gets a firm response and if it is clear that you won't listen to what he has to say.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Would you be able to have a word with your neighbours & say to them in the nicest possible way, can you please ask your father to stop interfering as it's causing problems where there needn't be any!

Otherwise it's a case of doing as someone else also suggested; is too ignore the father, smile politely & walk away.

Do not get yourself drawn into any confrontation with him. As they are getting what they are after from you, a reaction with which to use against yourself.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!