Parking Offences in Portugal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In August 2013 (18 months ago) I visited Faro, Portugal. I hired a car with GoldCar, within 30 minutes of hiring the car, unbeknown to me I received a ticket for entering a no-go zone at Faro airport.

I didn't know about this until I was back in the UK, 3 months later, I received a ticket in the post from the authorities at Faro Airport. The ticket was written all in Portuguese, so I had to get it translated!

The rental company, charged 40ukp to my credit card for the privilege of passing my passport and DVLA details to the portuguese authorities!

The ticket itself was for only 24 euros and is from the Autoridade Nacional Seguranca Rodoviaria (ANSR)

The ticket payment method wasn't easy. As they had to get me to pay into a IBAN account with a BIC id. I ended up doing a Western Union payment to the IBAN number on the ticket, using my credit card, specifying the ticket details as the payee reference.

I then emailed the parking authorities that I sent a Western Union transfer to them with the details.

Today, I got an email from the Portuguese Authorities at Faro saying they can't find details of the payment and I should forward on the payment details, who I sent it to etc.

So now its 18 months later, I no longer have the credit card I used for the Western Union transfer (or the card I used with Goldcar). The Western Union site doesn't have my account payment details and I no longer have the ticket.

Any ideas how to proceed? Do I just ignore it?

What jurisdiction do these people (ANSR) in Portugal have? Can they come after me?

What if I return to Portugal, can the passport control refuse entry into Portugal or imprison me?

I don't think I'm likely to go back to Portugal any time soon.

Would be grateful for the any advice please?

Thanks.

Lee

yes ignore it

looking other info on the net

this is the same as the spoofer PPC's in this country

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...