Croydon leasehold and conveyance cover-up fraud

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The purpose of exposing the truth about this story will contribute to finding the truth so that justice can finally achieved for us and for other people in the similar situations. I do not have a big group of leaseholders behind me and hence I am completely isolated and silenced.

My home has been flooded for 10 years. I was deprived of any dignity in my own home. I experienced that silence to which I was constrained after a decade-long attack on my dignity as a human being before I was removed from my home with my evidence being ignored.

The only objective of any exposure is the search for truth. There is no place for the “politically correct.” in a system that privileges parasitic opportunists at the expenses of families and people that cannot defend themselves on equal grounds.

Anyone should be given the right to expose their side of the story according to the evidence available. I hope that consumeractiongroup will concede me this opportunity always with respect for the law and, of course, to relevant enquiries.

I am looking for urgent expertise and help by consumers who are knowledgeable about planning issues and conveyancing.

Some details of my story are available here: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/conversion_in_eight_flats_at_34

if anyone bothers to follow the link and read up to the bottom I will then ask few urgent questions,

Thanks a lot,

Homeless Gullyver

An isolated and silenced leaseholder.

Is there a question you would like answered or any advice you seek ?

Your post appears to be a bit of a rant, and the phrase "if any bothers to follow the link" is hardly friendly, the linked post was very long and I think many like me wont have time to read to the bottom as you suggest.

Thank you so much for making me notice the not-so-much-friendly wording I use. Please forgive me. I am under strong distress because I became homeless at the beginning of January 2015. In brief I lost my home and I am homeless now after a decade of living in my home constantly affected by flooding from defective roof and pipes. Here a short video

of the sort of leaks I lived constantly for 10 years.

When I bought this leasehold flat the structural survey I had arranged suggested to double check with the conveyance solicitor that the building had full building regulation approval. But when I had the conveyance report from my conveyance solicitor in 2005 he recommended we purchased the property and he found nothing wrong with the planning situation of the building.

In 2014, after 9 years of ongoing leaks and service charges robbery (£26,000.00 in the last two years alone for major roof repairs and other major repairs) I went desperate to the planning dep. of the local council to print a copy of the completion certificate to sell the flat.

This is when I discovered that 50% of the conversion flats in our building do not have the required Building Control approval and only three flats were signed off with completion certificates issued Building Control holds no design or construction information of any of these properties including the roof structure and any structural engineer’s letter or calculations. Council records do not indicate which flats these certificates relate to.

I had confirmation that 1) my flat does not have a completion certificate 2) the title is defective 3) there was a defective title indemnity insurance of which my conveyance solicitor was informed but he did not mention anything to me. 4) there are two of these 9 conversions which appear nowhere in the any planning or building notice application of the local council which means that 2 of these conversion have been registered at the Land Registry with leases created out of nowhere. The Land Registry has also confirmed that the lease of my flat has a missing page, the same that is missing in my lease (strange coincidence).

The lenders refused to provide a full copy of the lease and to comment the situation. This makes me believe that they also do not have a full copy of the lease and that they were informed about the defective title and indemnity insurance of which I was not told. Finally, the flat was sold as a converted flat but I found out that in reality it is registered as an HMO multiple dwelling occupancy property because it does not comply with the building regulations.

Basically, the freeholder converted (or acquired) the building from two houses in 9 converted flats and not only did not regularise the situation with the council but also did not declare the true material facts in my conveyance. In actual fact, no one of those whom bought their flats in this building was told about the true situation of the building. No one would have been crazy to buy if they had known.

After six years living with home flooded heavily I lost my jobs for the distress of my appalling housing situation and legal abuse endured to ask for the repairs to the point that I lost the home and became homeless. I incurred in substantive financial loss and costs.

Who is now responsible for this situation?

I am grateful for any advise.

Edited by Gullyver
Grammar correction

Your isues are beyond my experience but ill add:-

1. The original conveyance would be responsible for any false information given to you, it maybe possible to sue him.

2. The freeholder is responsible for the maintenance of the building, whether this includes the flooding problems is hard to say, it depends where the flooding came from, in either way there should be insurance in place to cover this (normally the lease states that the FH is responsible for arranging this).

Id suggest getting some professional help from a solicitor (legal aid ?), or CAB or visit LEASE site (http://www.lease-advice.org/).

YOU should have a copy of the lease, not the lender, that is your contract between you and the FH, if you don't, you should get one ASAP, ask the FH for a copy or you can buy it from the land Registry Website.