Acenden capstone spml pml lmc sppl

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Great Count me in then. Also the posting by CosmosBipinnatus user-offline.png when he says they are not allowed to add interest onto penalty carges. How can you find out if they are doing this.

Thanks Pam

They aren't allowed to add penalty charges but it would be unusual if they didn't add interest. I've never heard of any institution not adding interest to charges. They'd be less likely to add interest to court costs and solicitors fees but it's not impossible that they would.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were repossessed several years ago, after several SPO's, by these toxic sub prime lenders.

Have written to bith Acenden and their admiistrators Price waterhouse Cooper to have fees/charges refunded. If it's a. derisory amount, I will be writing to the FCA. To Tracey Mcdermott.

Many thanks victory007 for your help in continually to persue.

Have written to bith Acenden and their admiistrators Price waterhouse Cooper to have fees/charges refunded. If it's a. derisory amount, I will be writing to the FCA. To Tracey Mcdermott.

You will have to tell them what you are claiming, with documentary evidence. They are very unlikely to make an offer, particularly as they have now been bought out of administration by Blackstone. It is nothing to do with PwC any more. Other people's experience indicates that you will have to take them to court and ask for a court order to make them refund the charges.

• 1 month later...

I read that with glee too but on a 2nd reading totally disappointed if I have read it right. Maybe someone who is more clued up than me can read it through.

After reading it I think that what it says (and I maybe totally wrong) is that they will pay the difference between their fee and what people were charged For instance

AMF (Arrears Management Fee) £65 will pay difference v what customer charged (plus 8% interest)

LMF (Monthly Litigation Fee) £80 " " " " "

So are they saying that £65 Arrears Management Fee & £80 Litigation Fee are fair and will give you the difference against what they charged you! Hmm still too costly. So any of us who have had just £65 taken out each month will get nothing!

Also it is only for the time period 1 Jan 2009 - Oct 2012 therefore if you have had arrears in 2008 or 2013 etc you still get nothing!

And it is only for Regulated Mortgages and they have a nasty habit of giving you unregulated mortgages!!!!

So not only is it unfair it has played right into their hands, wtf is the fca playing at allowing them to decide this.

Class action you bet.

IMHO i think they are reviewing accounts and offering to refund a small part of the fees but you will have to sign a F&F agreeing that you cannot begin any future action. A sort of damage limitation exercise.

That be why its a voluntary agreement with the FCA, they probably anticipate that at some point in the future they will be hit just like PPI is atm.

Im going after GEmoney for all of the charges on my old mortgage, they offered me £42 which was a management fee they charged after i'd paid the mortgage off!!

I want all of the £2k theyve robbed off me back and i fully intend on getting it

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• 1 month later...

I've just come back on to CAG after a long while and have been looking at the charges Preferred/Capstone/Ascenden have added to my account.

I've had an interest only mortgage with them for about 2003, and about to pay it all off as I'm selling the property.

So how do we move this forward?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

class actions are typically a waste of time

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

It may be a waste of time but with the new class action laws brought in in October ,although at the moment still on a `loser pays fees` basis, there are now law firms offering to take on cases on a no win /no fee basis. I know these companies have destroyed many peoples lives through their greed and if people feel strongly enough then its certainly something worth thinking about and at least discussing.:-)

Why is nothing happening here ? Everyone says they want to organise a group action but absolutely nothing is happening and the last post is way back in November. ... So, whose going to be the first to volunteer then ?

From my own recent experience, I think I now know why this wouldn't work - too many people have been "co opted" by Acenden and their solicitors. Including lazy barristers and careless deputy district judges. When the sh*t hit the fan, the first thing these co-opted people would do would be whatever preserved their own reputation.

individual complaints under MCOBS to the FOS is the way to go.

the more complaints they get from individuals

the bigger the case against Acenden and all their old historic names

will be.

dx

and they

individual complaints under MCOBS to the FOS is the way to go.

To do that, you have to go through Acenden's own complaints process first which is (intentionally) a life-sapping experience.

Remember, too, that the FOS is funded by the very companies whose knuckles it is meant to rap.

they have 8 weeks from your first letter

regardless to whatever they do ot don't do

after 8weeks you can start an FOS complaint...£850 it costs them each time one is accepted

and they

• 1 month later...

Start your own thread with your own information.

I can guarantee that if you sit back and do nothing they'll walk all over you, but if you fight back you have a chance. :)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 7 months later...

yes there are threads running today about reclaims

this ones a bit old

start a new thread of your own

and they