Acenden capstone spml pml lmc sppl

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi BC2002, Just a note of encouragement today from Victory007...DON'T GIVE UP........... it's a new day, 2015, a new season and a new way of getting our unfair charges back....Then we will 'all' be able to move on and put this terrible financial nightmare behind us....found Sarah's E-mail you can E-mail her, [email protected] Victory007

Hi ,

Could you advise how much detail needs to be in the complaint ?

My case goes back to 2010 and I have been wondering if it is possible to reclaim the fees & charges that have been added to my account over the years. ALso when I was off work due to illness I begged them for help and understanding of my financial position as set out in the FSA guidelines but all they were willing to do was to increase the term of the mortgage and continue trying to repossess my home , it is now going to cost me more to clear the mortgage due to the lack of help offered. I was even accused of money laundering on the day of the court hearing. An arrangement was made for the arrears but the amount of charges added to the account since then has increased the amount outstanding on the arrears so it seams I will never be clear from arrears.

Now that I make the payments on time my credit reference file shows that payments are more then 6 months late which I am unsure if it should reflect how I currently pay my mortgage and not how I used to pay my mortgage , this is also affecting my chance of moving to a high street lender.

Any advice gratefully received.

Nic

Hello Nicuro, My case goes back before 2010 so I have had a long history of suffering...like thousands of us we have been treated unfairly by Capstone/SPML who applied excessive charges disguised as arrears on our mortgage account, that is criminal but they are allowed to get away with fraud....Firms who failed in their obligations to customers should not only expect a huge fine, but they should pay us back 'the customers' who have been disadvantaged by their failings. this Firm Acenden/SPML is a million times worse than Gmac-RFC, DB mortgages, Kensington Mortgage, Redstone Mortgages. the FCA received complaints, Acenden/SPML have been reported but no enforcement action has been taken against Acenden/SPML. YET. I believe if we collect 1,000. signatures the FCA will take action against this firm. I am putting together a Face-book page so we can all meet together and support each other chat and help with information...in regards to payments keep all your receipts, do not communicate with them via phone... they will not speak the truth over the phone, and deny and twist the truth because they are evil...send every copy of document letters by recorded delivery...you will get out of this debt nightmare, we can escape from this nightmare. regarding your credit reference file you can get a copies of your file, tell them your lender failed to disclosed the facts that SEVERAL mistakes was made go ahead call the credit agencies and speak to them they will sort it out for you....Victory007

Hi, regarding Acenden/SPML/Preferred Mortgages Ltd, I would be very interested in reading the sale agreements that was given to you by Lightfoot Solicitors. Victory007.

I found this one that had already been posted on CAG

Ben

SPML MSA.pdf

Yes Mark, I am Bones

With regards to claiming back charges from Acenden I'd love to know why the FOS always side with them and say their charges are fair - other mortgage companies have been made to refund charges that have been at the same rate (and in some cases less), but never Acenden - what's going on ?

Has anyone ever had charges refunded by them ?

I'm in the process of claiming back charges from Ascenden. I've started my claim via Moneyclaim Online, but yet to submit it.

When you say the FoS always side with them, how many people do you know have tried to reclaim the excessive charges? Or have they just put a complaint in through the FoS?

In my opinion, and through the little experience I have, I believe the only way to get back at them is to reclaim the charges back by following the due process as discussed on these forums and ultimately through the court system. As with bank & credit card charges, I can't see how any court in the land can see them as anything other than unfair & unjust. I have been through some hard times with Ascenden, now its my time to get them charges back. Complaints will just get filed and archived so I don't see the point.

Will keep you informed as to how I get on.

All the best.

This is only my personal, honest opinion!

I did get all my charges back but it took 2 long years though the FOS. But it was worth it and I still have things I need to clear up regarding some lies they told and tried to keep concealed. A lost cheque payment, claimed they hadn't received it but on their files it had been received. People just don't want to do the work that's needed. It takes hours and hours and many weeks of getting everything together with a calculator and several requests for information, plus all the letters and lies that all have to be highlighted, copied and sent off.

With regards to the annual insurance you can't under insure a building, which is an issue I have with them. Their insurance doesn't cover the rebuild cost of my house which I worked out on a reputable online calculator a while ago. If you under insure they may not pay out anything at all. If you insure a building, you insure in entirety. I'm not sure how you can insure just their part or percentage as a mortgage usually cover the whole regardless of loan to value. I may be wrong but it's just my thought on it.

I'm actually paying a lower rate now than I would if I tried to get a High St. mortgage and with all the refunds and some compensation it puts me ahead. They are just evil and so are the brokers that sold them. I guess you can look back and see my posts on SPML/ Capstone as to where I was and what happened.

I've been mortgaged with them since 2003 SPML/Capstone/Acenden ..hence my name of Crapstone!

Oh and they should have been hit hard with fines and closed down. With their fees and reputation they should be long gone.. but me thinks someone of interest must have a finger in the pie and they've gone overlooked as just a small percentage of the market.

Oh and they should have been hit hard with fines and closed down. With their fees and reputation they should be long gone.. but me thinks someone of interest must have a finger in the pie and they've gone overlooked as just a small percentage of the market.

Agreed - I've always wondered why Acenden have escaped any penalties or been made to refund charges by the FOS - might be interesting to find out who's got a stake in them. Mind you, one of the responses from the FOS to someone I'm helping stated that "they found the charges to have been applied to the account correctly in line with the terms and conditions" errrr - they might have been applied in accordance with the terms and conditions but the point is they are disproportionately high and therefore clearly UNFAIR. We've now asked for a review of the decision by the ombudsman............. (breath not being held though)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Crapstone - did you get all your charges back because you asked for them as they were unfair? did the FOS make the decision that they should be refunded? If so, surely they should be made to refund in other cases.

Ell

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Crapstone - did you get all your charges back because you asked for them as they were unfair? did the FOS make the decision that they should be refunded? If so, surely they should be made to refund in other cases.

Ell

Yes...Ell. The fees were judged to be unfair and the account was not handled in a proper manner.

I did post up a copy of what the final ruling was.

Acenden are no longer allowed to charge any fees on my account and were warned by the FOS that they would take a dim view if they did.

Everything including interest, fees and court costs were fully refunded.

To cut a long story short they were taking insurance payments they were not entitled to, as we already had our own in place.

So the DD was stopped and we paid by cheque instead.

They kept charging for insurance and for paying by cheque.

Once the insurance issue was finally sorted we tried to set up a new DD but between our bank and Capstone

..it wasn't done and they were both blaming each other.

Of course we were still getting the fees mounting up.

As CB says that doesn't make up for the stress caused and other costs.

It almost cost me my relationship.

They continually lied and denied receiving one cheque we sent.

After a number of SAR's were sent to them it came to light they had actually received it and in their notes it said it was 'unsigned'.

If it was unsigned then why didn't they return it, why say they hadn't received it when it clearly shows on their data? It wasn't 'unsigned' at all.

I'm thinking more likely they didn't sign for it on receipt?

Before I forget. It went to court and we were ordered to repay arrears on top of our regular payments of £50 per month. SPML were charging us late payment fees and arrears fees that were wiping that amount out. This was also judged as unfair practise.

I wholly agree Ell that all cases should be refunded as these fees and the way the accounts are conducted surely top those of ones that have already come under scrutiny.

That's brilliant, thanks - I'll have a good read of that.

• 3 months later...

hi, I am another victim of acenden , I took out a loan with them 10 yrs ago when they were called southern pacific, nothing but trouble , arrears charge £70,00 a pop, litigation £115 , interest on arrears, third party solicitor fees, if theres a charge they can levy on you they will, they are not sympathetic to self employed , over 10 years they have charged me £2069 , the arrears on my account is very close to this figure @ £2204, my account comes to an end in December, they say my total outstanding balance will be £3684, this is massively inflated due to there unfair charges, the way I see it , 3684 minus charges 2069 =1615, then minus the remaining payments I will be making from april this year till December this year, totalling 1120, brings what I owe down to a respectable £495, but of course they will not see it fairly like I do, so no doubt in December they will attempt to possess my house, unfair , this is realy not humane they have no morals, they have no compassion only greed, please help, hope this post adds to the the other victims of this firm, and together we have a louder voice, thanks, coinking.

Hi coinking and welcome to CAG.

Best thing you can do is to start fighting now before any anticipated action is started. Send acenden a SAR and the £10 fee to get all the info they hold so that you can start claiming back the penalty charges. As Lea says, you probably can't claim solicitor fees, but there are plenty of others that you can.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Best thing you can do is to start fighting now before any anticipated action is started. Send acenden a SAR and the £10 fee to get all the info they hold so that you can start claiming back the penalty charges. As Lea says, you probably can't claim solicitor fees, but there are plenty of others that you can.

Yes, I strongly agree with this.

You can help yourself by doing this and then making a formal complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Don't wait: elsewhere on this forum, someone has said that after Acenden finished selling her property there was £47k left over, of which Acenden took ALL BUT £4k of it. Ie Acenden made a profit of £43k.

Edited to add: I think the pop-up screen here for Ombudsman is really mis-leading where it says "don't bother". With Acenden, it is worth bothering to complain to the FOS.

arrears charge £70,00 a pop... and together we have a louder voice, thanks, coinking.

The £70.00 missed payment charge is excessive. Even Wonga are not allowed to charge that much. You need to ask Acenden how they justify it - they won't be able to - and then include in your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) the fact that you asked them and they did not give you the information you asked for.

If Acenden are charging interest on penalty fees, they are not allowed to do that. Tell the FOS.

People need to forget about "a louder voice" for a campaign. Acenden will not talk to the press and, without a quote from them, the press won't run much of a report. Just spread it on your personal networks - friends, colleagues, your own solicitor - avoid Acenden which has now been bought out of administration by a giant equity group, Blackstone, whose CEO's salary leaves all others on Wall Street in the dust.

And do whatever it takes to get out of your Acenden-administered mortgage.

That doesn't mean they can claim more or you have to pay more unless ordered to by the court.

The end of term means they can ask for higher payments and would be remiss if the did not do so in order to draw the mortgagor's attention to the impending doom...otherwise it's a slamdunk when the term ends.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...