Acenden capstone spml pml lmc sppl

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

January 2015, Regarding Unfair treatment, I am sending this urgent request out to 'all' Capstone/Acenden SPML/Preferred Mortgage victims of, We need to send our complaint in as a Group (together) to:

Bernadette Niedzielska, Customer Contact Centre

FINANCIAL CONDUCT AUTHORITY (FCA)

We need to make contact ASAP together, with our history of financial abuse from Capstone/Acenden SPML/Preferred Mortgages Ltd. I am also a Capstone/Acenden/SPML/Preferred Mortgages Ltd victim over seven years, Capstone/Acenden/Spml have applied unfair Mortgage arrears charges, unfair Solicitor's cost, unfair litigation cost, unfair court cost to my Mortgage account, I strongly believe these charges are a penalty are legally unfair, defending my home every single month in court attracted more unfair charges, I have been in and out of Court for many years, several warrant for eviction later, I would like to claim back 'all' the unfair charges from Acenden/SPML in 2015. Victory007.

Edited by Conniff

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I am another Capstone/Acenden victim that would like to get involved, I have tried to send you a PM but have not posted enough on here to do it.

They tried to take our home in 2008 but failed, the case was dropped before the hearing.

We are now mortgage free but we both have a few health issues that I believe were a direct result of that repossession attempt in 2008.

I have kept all of the letters they sent me including all the court documents from them and their solicitors, (two full box files so a lot of history) I have also have some unfair charges which I have tried to claim back but failed, so very happy to join in.

BC2002

Thank you BC2002, excellent news, we need more homeowners past and present to join in wonder if we can ask CAG to organise our signed petition to send off together as a group, what do you think? I am happy to pass on my Mobile number, the quicker we do this the better, what have we got to lose anyway we have been through hell already with this Firm Capstone/Acenden/SPML, we need help with this especially reclaiming the unfair charges, forget the Financial Ombudsman it will take two years and then nil result, we need to present it in court, its quicker, ok lets see how many more will be willing to join us in this battle....I am so frustrated and angry that we have had to wait so long for the Regulators the (FCA) to sit up and listen to our complaints against Unfair treatments, harassment followed by repossession from Acenden/SPML Mortgages Ltd. Victory007

Edited by Victory007
ould like to include my name at the bottom of page

Despite keeping up with the monthly payments to clear the arrears and unfair charges applied, Acenden/SPML wrote to advise my credit rating will be adversely affected, Acenden/SPML then went ahead and provided my financial status details of my mortgage account on a monthly basis to the Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs) but failed to explain that I had entered into an agreement, which was confirmed on the 31st. May 2012, this arrangement was maintained, I am up-to-date with my payments (have kept all my receipts) I am not in breach of this arrangement. Acenden/SPML has been charging me an undisclosed fee of £5.00 extra from year 2008 I would also like to reclaim the whole amount with interest.

Thank you BC2002, excellent news, we need more homeowners past and present to join in wonder if we can ask CAG to organise our signed petition to send off together as a group, what do you think? I am happy to pass on my Mobile number, the quicker we do this the better, what have we got to lose anyway we have been through hell already with this Firm Capstone/Acenden/SPML, we need help with this especially reclaiming the unfair charges, forget the Financial Ombudsman it will take two years and then nil result, we need to present it in court, its quicker, ok lets see how many more will be willing to join us in this battle....I am so frustrated and angry that we have had to wait so long for the Regulators the (FCA) to sit up and listen to our complaints against Unfair treatments, harassment followed by repossession from Acenden/SPML Mortgages Ltd. Victory007

Hello Victory2007

First thing do not put your mobile number on here or anything that will help identify you. when we both have thirty posts we can send private messages so we can send stuff not for publication.

County Court would be one route but class actions could be costly so lets see if we can get the FCA to take some interest but we need more complainants.

Capstone/Acenden was a popular subject on this site a few years ago so a bit surprised your post has not had more replies but its early days.

I was going to start with a complaint to the solicitors regulating authority. When they tried to take us to court the arrears figure used on the summons had been considerably exaggerated and the document had been signed by a solicitor as being a true statement. Not sure if I can still complain because it was quite a few years ago any advice anybody?.

We need to get a few more people on board there must be thousand of them out there so lets hear from you!.

Have you considered a Face Book page ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Richard Dyson may be still willing to help us, 28th. September 2011 he wrote an excellent article: ( Families hammered by the Mortgage torment that watchdogs have failed to stem) he highlighted Acenden, formerly known as Capstone, Financial Mail has highlighted numerous cases where Acenden has applied large, repeated and unexplained charges to borrowers in arrears and in some cases these charges are blamed for homeowners losing their properties between 2008/2015, causing health to fail due to stress, causing families to split up, adding miseries and endless sufferings....most people do not want to be identified on social media (twitter or face-book) because of the stigma surrounding debt, but I believe we can 'all' sign a petition via-CAG and send it to the FCA....MR. MARTIN WHEATLEY CHIEF EXECUTIVE FCA, CUSTOMER CONDUCT CENTRE, 25 THE COLONNADE, CANARY WHALF, LONDON E 14 5HS....MR. Wheatley said he is will to look at The Financial Mail's report regarding Acenden in 2015, We can also send our complaint directly by Writing to him together...as a group...because the FCA will not act on individual Complaints from three people, thousands lost their homes, at one stage even Shelter UK was trying to help....more homeowners must come forward...do-not-suffer-in-silence......we need to get our unfair charges back....Victory007.

Edited by Victory007
Made an error

Once again, Acenden Mortgage Solution have accused me of not maintaining the payment arrangement on my mortgage account, this was definitely not-the-case, I have kept 'all' my receipts and I am definitely up-to-date with my payments, I was able to show that I had maintained all the agreed payments, but two days later I received a threatening letter warning me, that I should think carefully about where I should live if Southern Pacific Mortgage Ltd enforce its right to repossess my property, Acenden went on to suggest that I should contact my local authority to see if they can help me with finding a place to live, I have kept up with all my payments as agreed since 31st. May 2012 without fail had clear the unfair charges/arrears, I was shocked all the past stress came flooding back, the sleepless nights, the worry, all this, I could not believe it, especially as all my payments was printed and sent out to me January 2015 by Acenden's team in collections. This was just another desperate attempt by Acenden/SPML to start the harassment all over again using litigations again against me.Victory007

Edited by Victory007
correcting grammer

Victory007

Read the articles by Richard Dyson it would brilliant if he was prepared to do another.

I have made contact with someone from shelter who is prepared to help, and trying to contact an investigative journalist who was working on an article about repossessions last year but so far without success but I will keep trying.

But what we need is people who have you been a victim of this company, if thats you post on this thread.

To 'all' Acenden/SPML Mortgage Customers (victims) this is more than a glimmer of hope in 2015, we have been Suffering for many years with this nightmare, we need to understand this: The FCA is willing to investigate our complaints against these Firms to include: Preferred Mortgages Ltd.

We need to act together, send in your complaints Reporting Acenden/SPML Mortgages Ltd under Misconduct (Firms Misconducts ) send your complaints to: Mr. Martin Wheatley, Chief Executive, FCA Customer Conduct Centre

25 The Colonnade, Canary Whalf, London E14 5HS. some of us have already sent our letters of complaints in to the FCA. We are 'all' saying the same thing we would like to see some positive result from the FCA in 2015 with a view to reclaiming all our unfair money BACK with interest. Victory007

• 2 weeks later...

Hi glad to have comne across this thread, I have been with Acenden/Capstone since 2007 and the charges they have slapped on my account are disgusting, am sure I added it up to be about 2k. On top of this and after being made redundant, I agreed to pay £50 extra per month to cover arrears which I have paid religiously and I have just logged into my account to see they have increased this to £79 !!!

I also read that they are being taken over by an American firm, I did wonder if this would happen as cowboys like this don't seem to last long ..Anyway bring on the petition :-D

I'm in, these Cowboys as mortgage administrators and have no power to leverage costs against you unless within the sales agreements of 2007 when SPLML and PML sold your mortgages to the Issuer and Trustees confered rights on them to do so,

I have these sale agreements given to me by Lightfoot Solictors

I'm happy to help anyone

Acenden/Southern Pacific Mortgages Ltd/Preferred Mortgages has been brought out by Blackstone please read (TSSP ) and Blackstone an American Company to buy Acenden Mortgage from Lehman Brothers Administrators, sale took place early January 2015, what does this sale means for us (Long suffering Acenden/SPML customers??) we are 'not' sure because no one cared to address this issue in 2015; The FCA confirmed the sale today 20/02/2015. Jennifer Miles is the Manager of collections in Acenden High Wycombe perhaps we who still have a mortgage with SPML should 'all' phone her on 020-8-875-2076 and ask a few questions regarding certain mortgage arrears fees and charges, will it ever be refunded in full plus interest?? victory007

Edited by Victory007
grammer

I am disappointed and surprise at the low response to 'all' Capstone/Acenden/Southern Pacific Mortgages Ltd customers Past and present, I sent out an urgent call about all of us writing letters of complaint to the FCA together, Financial Conduct Authority 25, The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E 14 5HS and regarding 'all' of us signing the Petitions, only three or four people responded, I have sent in my letters of complaint against Acenden/SPML already ( I could not wait), I have spoken to the FCA, the thing is the FCA never ever look at an individual complaint against a mortgage company, 'we' have to bombard the FCA with our Mortgage Torment from Acenden's Hell. 'we' need to speak out about the large repeated fees and unexplained charges applied to our monthly mortgage account especially to borrowers in arrears who had lost their jobs under stress and being bullied and harassed by a wicked evil mortgage lender Capstone/Acenden/SPML, they ended up in losing their homes because of unfair charges. 'we' need to provide information about the Lehman's founded subsidiary Southern Pacific. (what have we got to lose) we need to reclaim our unfair fees and charges back. together 'we' are stronger........................... victory007

Thank you CAG, Can you help us Organise This On-line Petition ASAP??

Hello there.

My understanding is that you can start your own petition online, or we have a petitions forum at CAG.

Not wishing to rain on your parade, but a user here called applecart had a thread about mortgage deeds that had a huge number of views. When they started an online petition, it got 38 signatures.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?409380-Stop-unlawful-repossession-of-a-families-home&highlight=applecart+petition

Have you given any thought to citizenb's suggestion of a Facebook page?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Richard Dyson may be still willing to help us, 28th. September 2011 he wrote an excellent article: ( Families hammered by the Mortgage torment that watchdogs have failed to stem) he highlighted Acenden, formerly known as Capstone, Financial Mail has highlighted numerous cases where Acenden has applied large, repeated and unexplained charges to borrowers in arrears and in some cases these charges are blamed for homeowners losing their properties between 2008/2015, causing health to fail due to stress, causing families to split up, adding miseries and endless sufferings....most people do not want to be identified on social media (twitter or face-book) because of the stigma surrounding debt, but I believe we can 'all' sign a petition via-CAG and send it to the FCA....MR. MARTIN WHEATLEY CHIEF EXECUTIVE FCA, CUSTOMER CONDUCT CENTRE, 25 THE COLONNADE, CANARY WHALF, LONDON E 14 5HS....MR. Wheatley said he is will to look at The Financial Mail's report regarding Acenden in 2015, We can also send our complaint directly by Writing to him together...as a group...because the FCA will not act on individual Complaints from three people, thousands lost their homes, at one stage even Shelter UK was trying to help....more homeowners must come forward...do-not-suffer-in-silence......we need to get our unfair charges back....Victory007.

Count me in my complaint will be on its way on Monday. These vultures should be locked up I for one will never stop fighting them I have had them to the FOS three times already and ready to go again. My mental and physical health has deteriorated because of there constant harassment and threats of repossession. Even though i have an arrangement and have never missed a payment they are constantly on my back for more money new arrangements budget sheets and they still charge me £70 a month. It is a disgrace that nothing is done about these bas---ds.

Thank you CAG, Can you help us Organise This On-line Petition ASAP??

I have to agree with HB that we haven't found petitions effective, and that people are best to deal with their issues on an individual basis. If people keep making complaints to the relevant authorities, in time they will notice and, hopefully, take action.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ok there are thousands of us Consumers who grouped together to fight against evil, wicked Capstone/Acenden/SPML/Preferred Mortgages Ltd some have since lost their homes....some are still suffering were are they now??? are 'we' just Bloggers between ourselves talking about what actions we can take in 2015?.... Ok lets start up the Face-book group...I would love to see something positive come out of our Unity as a group who have suffered, I am all for it, lets fight to win in 2015, lets not wait for another six years to pass doing absolutely nothing.... Sarah the lady from ITN is still waiting..she has been waiting since 2010/11 to hear from us.........come on then....lets Go am all for it, and have sent in three separate letters already to the FCA complaining against Unfair treatment, reclaiming back unfair charges back from Acenden/SPML......hope they will sit up and take notice...by the way I received two separate replies at least they are reading the letters.....send in your letters ASAP while things are HOT..... Victory007

Edited by Victory007
adding Name

Please E-mail [email protected] first of all I would just like to say...Unity is strength we can do this as a group....it will be more effective if we 'all' contact Sarah...however she already have information about Capstone/Acenden already...E-mail her and stir-up-the facts......lets expose them....Victory007

I am sure people will email if they are interested. Sadly we have found that some people will simply not put themselves out.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

With regards to claiming back charges from Acenden I'd love to know why the FOS always side with them and say their charges are fair - other mortgage companies have been made to refund charges that have been at the same rate (and in some cases less), but never Acenden - what's going on ?

Has anyone ever had charges refunded by them ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.