Minster Law - insurance claim

jagpanther
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was involved in RTA almost 2 years ago, suffered concussion , some bruising,

3rd party admitted liability, witnesses, clear cut case,

with my insurance policy at time turns out that Minster Law would be handling my case,

I have had a general feeling of incompetence with ML handling this case,

why has it taken nearly 2 years to settle,

I had email year ago informing me of change of staff, someone new has taken over my case file . Ok, fine, acceptable stuff. Then another email 6 months later, same again. Late October I had the new ML employee phone me and apologise for the change in staff, delay, but assured me all would be settled before end of 2014,

Now I have received another email (Jan 2015) , once again, change in staff, and case is under review for another 6 weeks.

my gut feel is that ML are just not processing the case in a competent manner, and why have we still not settled,

I have emailed them in past, but all I got in return was generic letter saying if they need any more info they will contact me,

I feel like escalating this now, writing to Ombudsman, or Law Society,

I have found this web article in Law Gazette

http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/practice/minster-law-axes-17-in-management-shake-up/5043150.fullarticle

http://www.spencerssolicitors.com/accident-guides/how-long-will-a-personal-injury-claim-take-to-settle.html

according to above guide lines, based on my offer from 3rd party, case should have taken no more than 9 months

this does not add confidence to my current position

all advice welcome, what would you do ?

I have read quite a few bad reports on ML on web

Have you spoken to your own insurers and asked them why there might be this unacceptable delay ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The best way would be to get the person who is handling your case on the phone. If that won't work then try to get them to provide a proper update by email. If that won't work, state that you do not feel you are being properly informed as to the progress of your case and ask for a copy of their complaints procedure.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Changes in file handlers can't be helped as staff get new jobs and leave etc.

What isn't acceptable is this delaying your case and you not being updated.

Email your file handler for a full update and if you don't hear anything back the you should made a written complaint.

The Law Society no longer regulate the profession, it would be the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).

As for the Legal Ombudsman, you would be wasting your time as they won't even look at a complaint until you have exhausted ML's internal procedures.