• Tweets

• What you have uploaded is a letter with daft empty threats from third-party paper tigers.  Just ignore it. What we need to see is the original invoice you received last October or November.
    • Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
    • This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Criminal Procedure (Amendment) Rules 2015 and unpaid Magistrate Court Fines.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes and since the power is transferred via the warrant section 62:

)Schedule 12 applies where an enactment, writ or warrant confers power to use the procedure in that Schedule (taking control of goods and selling them to recover a sum of money).

Applies

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Posting up the new regs will allow a general discussion thanks for posting them.

The information provided is slowly closing loopholes and makes it all the more understandable as to what is and what is not.

This is just more clarification and I would expect even more soon.

Very well put indeed MM.

It is just such a shame that some people are just looking for 'loopholes'. As I have said very often, the advice that I have always given is that the debtor must engage with the enforcement company at the initial Compliance Stage (or better still...even before this stage when the case is still with the local authority or the Magistrate Court.

Very well put indeed MM.

It is just such a shame that some people are just looking for 'loopholes'. As I have said very often, the advice that I have always given is that the debtor must engage with the enforcement company at the initial Compliance Stage (or better still...even before this stage when the case is still with the local authority or the Magistrate Court.

It has to be said that it is for those who do understand the TCE bill and followed the proceedings in its formation, to ensure that the regulations allow just that and no more

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Again reading these new rules above it appears yet again the EA is still trying to get "the use of reasonable force" back in see 52.8(b)(iii) why will the EA not treat "debtors" as humans and with some respect.

All it appears to me is that they want to use force as a tool. Authorised or not. If not, then applying to the Court to be able to use it lawfully.

The above is an observation and not as a generality against all EA's some abide by the rules some.... well? some don't.

Is the force against the debtor, as in push past and give slight tolchock on the way in, and cuff them once the power has been granted?

OR is this "Force" in relation to forcing entry with locksmiths or battering ram whichever is reasonable in the circumstances, as per DCVA for taking control of goods for a magistrates fine in extremis?

I feel like mikeymack, the EA's will not be happy until they get quasi police powers that let them lawfully assault and cuff a debtor possibly at the first call. Many were unhappy that the use of "Force" against a debtor was removed.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Sophistrists often try to sell Snake Oil.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

This thread could possibly go full circle here in as much as most adults are either working or on benefits, it the Courts were minded to they could either fine and the defendant and get paid in full then and there, or the simplest way for this to go is the AoE route, the Courts get paid, the Government get paid the only one the does not get paid is errrr the EA.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

This thread could possibly go full circle here in as much as most adults are either working or on benefits, it the Courts were minded to they could either fine and the defendant and get paid in full then and there, or the simplest way for this to go is the AoE route, the Courts get paid, the Government get paid the only one the does not get paid is errrr the EA.

Well yes that would likely work, but the EA companies would be squawking about how they are having to maKe staff redundant, the Industry is good, provides a public service collecting government debt convenietly ignoring to the unsavoury with menaces albeit lawful part, the bullies within the industry etc etc.

Rule 52.9 has also been substituted and is renamed: Warrant of Control: Application to resolve dispute

Rule 52.9 outlines the court procedure that must be followed in relation to Regulation 50 of Schedule 12 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 and Regulations 15 and 16 of the Taking Control of Goods (Fees) Regulations 2014 in cases where goods have been sold and there is a dispute regarding either the co-owner’s share of proceeds or a dispute about the amount of disbursements recoverable.

The application to the court may be made by either the enforcement agent, defendant or co-owner of the goods. There is a fee to pay for this application.

Many people on here are aware that I have a website (which I do not advertise..and certainly do not need to!!!) and I posted a page on the site over the weekend about this same subject. The page has been viewed so many times since Sunday and I have received a lot of questions on the subject (many of them from solicitors). On question that has frequently been asked is about the fee to pay to pay under the above new Rule 29.

The actual wording in the regulations provides that the person making the application to court will pay any fees prescribed.

It is my understanding that the present situation is that there is no actual fee prescribed but this could change given that the Ministry of Justice is currently looking at the matter of court fees (yesterday saw the cost of issuing a claim in the County Court for over £10,000 rise sharply and they are seeking more views before raising the fee for an N244 from £155 to £255 (or without notice from £50 to £100).

I have just spoken to my Council in regards to CTAoE, asking them and the legal DEPT. if a case is returned to the Council are the EA's fees still added.

The answer to this question was NO THEY ARE NOT, so with this in mind I am going to send in a FOI request to get this in writing then we can all see that this is right

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I have just spoken to my Council in regards to CTAoE, asking them and the legal DEPT. if a case is returned to the Council are the EA's fees still added.

The answer to this question was NO THEY ARE NOT, so with this in mind I am going to send in a FOI request to get this in writing then we can all see that this is right

I think you aer on the wrong thread MM

• 2 weeks later...
Dare we hope that this will finally put an end to other FMOTL type forums advising debtors that they do not have to pay magistrates court fees, on the strength of 52.8.

I somehow doubt it.

The regs take affect from today and it will be very interesting indeed to see what advice is going to be given to debtors by these people.

I suspect that I will not be the only one taking an interest in this subject today!!

I thought that reg 52.8 has now changed?

If effectively changed last April when the TCE schedule 12 was enacted, there has been some delay in deleting the procedure from the regulations, that has now been attended to , but the TCE procedure have legally been in force since then.

If effectively changed last April when the TCE schedule 12 was enacted, there has been some delay in deleting the procedure from the regulations, that has now been attended to , but the TCE procedure have legally been in force since then.

100% correct and in fact, John Kruse has written extensively on this subject and confirmed the position.

100% correct and in fact, John Kruse has written extensively on this subject and confirmed the position.

Yes it is because when legislation is enacted it automatically repeals any duplicated measure which exist in regulations elsewhere.

• 3 years later...

CPR JUst for interests sake

Information to be included in a warrant of control

52.7.—(1) A warrant must identify— (a) each person to whom it is directed; (b) the defendant against whom it was issued; © the sum for which it was issued and the reason that sum is owed; (d) the court or fines officer who issued it, unless that is otherwise recorded by the court officer; and (e) the court office for the court or fines officer who issued it. (2) A person to whom a warrant is directed must record on it the date and time at which it is received. (3) A warrant that contains an error is not invalid, as long as— (a) it was issued in respect of a lawful decision by the court or fines officer; and (b) it contains enough information to identify that decision.

Interesting to see the last sentence, so anyone arguing a warrant is void for no address for instance is incorrect.