cat c write off

numpy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi so June last year I part exchanged my motor bike at a local small garage/dealer it is meant to be a mark 1 Triumph speed triple 1994

I have had one or two people ask me how genuine it is as some parts look wrong so I did a hpi check it turns out it has had a colour change and was a cat c write off in 2005 it seems bikes don't need a vic check or is recorded on the V5.

the dealer never told me it had been a write off

I paid £600 plus my Kawasaki ZZR600 I would never have brought it if I had known and I believe the dealer should have told me.

would I be in the right to ask for a refund I would be asking for around £1600

what do you think ?

Did the dealer know it was a write off ? I think this would be important to prove if any claim against them was to be successful. Did they carry out the repairs to the bike before it was sold or were they in possession of documents showing it was a write off ?

I am not sure it is against any law or a requirement for a bike dealer selling a repaired cat C write off, to inform the buyer. But if they deliberately withheld information from you, then I would think you would have a case under general contract law. But you would need to get advice from someone with legal knowledge, who can point to relevant law plus case precedents.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread