Injury compensation offer

zx6r
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

In 2012 a drunk driver crashed into my car and I had various injuries. There is a dispute with the third party insurers on the amount of compensation requested by my solicitor which they set at £48,000.

The insurers have admitted liability, although a court date is set for March.

My solicitor had stated that they would make an offer before going to court and I have now received a formal offer of £11,100 in the form of a judicial tender !

The letter advises that if I decide to go to court and the judge offers the same amount or less then im liable for all expenses which could be £40,000 plus

I have made an appointment with an advocate for next week to discuss options.

Obviously its only myself who can make the decision on where to go with this but has anyone else been in this situation where they have escalated this to court?

Ta

We don't know what your injuries are. However even this first offer can be negotiated. I think that you should rely on the opinion of your professional adviser

Firstly don't make any rash decisions. Speak to your brief, are you not on a no win no fee? I was in a similar position and the defendants solicitor offerred to go 50/50 before court, but my solicitor advised us to stick to our guns. We won. But i didn't sleep for a week waiting for court. All cases are different though. But a lot of it is bluff to see if you'll bite @ 11k.

best of luck. Keep your chin up.