shoplifting sainsburys

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help.

Was caught shoplifting on self scan in sainsburys.

felt so guilty.

was taken to office with security officer and store manager and third person.

I work close by and showed them my Id.

They didn't call police but gave me banning letter.

They didn't take my address but know where I work.

We went back up and I paid for the stuff with my card.

Was so panicked was in a state.

Store manager said might tell my employer.

Also in my panic I after realised I had eaten stuff in cafe just before and not paid for and didn't mention when caught after.

I had also done this a few times before.

I am so worried that if they review the CCTV then they will call police.

I apologised and feel so bad but I didn't mention the times before.

I hate what I have done.

Please tell me what may happen.

I am in turmoil.

If they were going to call police they would have done so already.

You paid for original goods so thats over and done with.

It is very unlikely they even know about the cafe,

However, you admit you have a habit of doing it, so you need to stop.

As it seems that you are only scared because you got caught.

Not because you kept doing it, knowing it was wrong.

We're not here to judge you though.

As i said, if they were going to call the police, they would have done so already.

Get some help with your shoplifting habits, and dont do it again.

They also can NOT contact your employer.

The manager and supermarket would be in trouble if they did so,

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi and welcome to CAG. I have taken the liberty of moving your post from the end of an existing thread to a thread of its own as that way you will get more assistance.

Hold fire for more assistance. Sainsburys do not use RLP but (I believe) DWF who will send you a few letters inviting you to pay a fixed amount for your sins.

These 'requests' have absolutely no meaning and if they are determined to get you to pay, they will have to instigate court action but going that route is fraught with danger for them as they cannot justify the amounts claimed.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you but I am so worried.

I appreciate the first comment and I know that I will never ever do this again.

This is causing me to be severely depressed.

I have genuine remorse but am still worried they will call police upon reviewing CCTV.

Thank you but I am so worried. I appreciate the first comment and I know that I will never ever do this again. This is causing me to be severely depressed. I have genuine remorse but am still worried they will call police upon reviewing CCTV.

STOP worrying, nothing CAN now happen. Move on with your life.

The security plod decided not to call the police so that matter ends there. we have been doing this for a while and it rarely comes back and bites us.

Wait for the first letter and then come back. If you feel this is getting to much for you to cope with, go see your doctor. Patient confidentiality is essential and your doctor will do that.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I do want to.

I want to be able to prove I will be better but I truly can't see my self having reassurance

because of the fact of the previous times and the fact they didn't take my address

but do know my employer and so

if they did review CCTV then they will go to police as they don't have my address

and as said they can't go directly to my employer.

Please help and thank you.

I do want to. I want to be able to prove I will be better but I truly can't see my self having reassurance because of the fact of the previous times and the fact they didn't take my address but do know my employer and so if they did review CCTV then they will go to police as they don't have my address and as said they can't go directly to my employer. Please help and thank you.

There is NOTHING more to help you with.

If you want to worry, then do so.

If you need help, go to your Dr's.

There is nothing more anyone can say that will help you.

I am just so worried that in this case the police will be called because of all the things I have stated. I genuinely feel as though I have hit rock bottom though your experience and comments do he!p me. This has made me respect and value what I have but I just need closure. It has been 5 days.

Thank you and sorry for my impatient manner

you've done wrong

you realise it now - 1st hurdle jumped

that's the end of the matter.

you've nothing more to fear .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you are worried about this, even though nothing will happen, go see your doctor and tell him/her. You are worrying over nothing. What you need help with is the habitual shoplifting. Calm down, get a good nights sleep and go make an appointment.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thank you. I am going to take your advice. I still worry because I feel if they copied my Id and circulate it then between the cafe staff and store manager and security guard they will review and see the pattern. I just want a fresh start but don't know if I deserve it.

There has been one thread (to my knowledge) where one store told the alleged shoplifter that they would contact their employer and actually did. In my opinion, that is a breach of the Data Protection Act.

A company is allowed to pass on details so long as it is for the prevention or detection of crime. What does that have to do with your employer? Nothing.

On a separate note, You are beating yourself up over something that you need not to. Yes, you feel guilty and that is a good thing as this memory will stop you from being silly in the future. Treat it as a lesson learned then move on. Beating yourself up serves no purpose (I know, I have been there). use it as a tool to make you stronger. You can do it.

Agreed. What you are feeling is genuine guilt. While you feel it, you wont be able to think straight. Follow the advise above and move on with your life, stay away from the shop for a month or two, and stop shoplifiting.