Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • I don't know how it works where you are but generally watersure tariff is capped at about £37 a month regardless of how much water you use, having a look at your area on the net it is about £438 a year,.do they ask you by letter  yearly or every 2 years to send them info to confirm you still meet the criteria to get watersure tariff, if you don't send it to them  they will put you on standard tariff. 
    • Hi Papat and welcome to CAG   Find one of my drafts on another thread and adapt it to say :-   I cancelled due to relocation to go to Uni and could not use the gym any more.   I now realise I should have given one month's notice and paid a final month's fee.   I'll pay this if you accept my  offer within 14 days but the offer will be withdrawn if you demand any more.   Put a draft here for checking first if you want.   Send the  letter to Harlands in Haywards Heath and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO
    • Name of the Claimant ?  Hoist Finance UK Holdings 1LI   Date of issue – 11th Nov 2019   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? The Claim is for the sum of £2722 arising from the Defendant's breach of a regulated consumer credit agreement referenced Under no 4929421509954002 The Defendant has failed to remedy the breach in accordance with a Default Notice issued pursuant to ss.87(1) and 88 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant claims the sums due from the Defendant following the legal assignment of the agreement from Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd (EX BARCLAYCARD) Written notice of the assignment has been given. The Claimant claims 1.The sum of £2792 2. Costs   What is the total value of the claim? £2977  Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? No    Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? Yes, possibly more than once. This claim form has been sent not to my actual address but to a friend's house who lets me use their address for post. I had to do this as I had a lot of post go missing at my own address a few years ago. My address on Clear Score is different and my actual address. I don't know how they got this address.   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No, I'd never heard of Hoist Finance before Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit Card bill   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? I genuinely don't know although according to Clear Score it was in 2010   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? I don't know   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? It's on clear score both as Barclaycard and Hoist. The Barclaycard debt it £0 but the Hoist debt is £2792   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. I assume it's a debt purchaser   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No, I don't remember receiving a notice of assignment.   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not to my knowledge   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Not that I remember   Why did you cease payments? I couldn't afford to pay the minimum and hoped that as the amount wasn't huge they might disappear   What was the date of your last payment? I think it was July 2014 but it might have been May 2015.     Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Not to my knowledge but it was so long ago I have no idea what the debt is for or how much of it might have been late/missed payment charges.   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No I did not I've never had a claim issued against me before. Due to my profession it is imperative that I do not get a County Court judgement against me.  Please help with what I should do.  Thank you all in advance.
    • @Jase1982   I have been trying to get up to to speed, and struggling   "Unite general secretary Len McCluskeytold the Guardian that Labour had to win over the party’s traditional working-class supporters with by promising to end free movement of workers - migrant Labour from Europe - after Brexit."   Labour declares a completely stark raving mad open door to anyone and everyone   Immigration was and still is THE big issue driving Brexit (but Corbyn is of course a Brexiter)   Corbyn promises a new Scot ref, then doesn't then hums and hars.     So what actually is happening?     Corbyn declares he's in it for all voters - but seems to mean he wants to ostracise most voters (biggest issue driving Brexit) and bring in new voters who might vote for him in gratitude despite not knowing who he is and probably not caring, and hopes some of them might be nurses.   Cluckskey wants to end (EU) free movement or workers? So where is he on the open door policy - (Theres apparently 40-60,000 none Turk ISIS looking for a new home ...)     I cant make any coherent sense of it whatsoever. Bonkers.   correction: Only sense I see is keeping everyone at each others throats to prevent them seeing the real problem - Corbyn and his quite small cabal of left wing loons ‌
  • Our picks


Eviction imminent - not paid rent in protest - xmas 2013 Flood exposed asbestos

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1764 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Can anyone please help me?



I apologise as this is long but I need to make sure I get the right help ASAP.



I need urgent legal help for my son and his family.



They live in a Hyde Housing flat on the 6th (top) floor of a block of flats



.On Christmas Eve 2013, the roof developed a major leak which flooded several parts of my sons home.

The ceiling came down in 3 areas.

One of these was a hallway cupboard so lots of their possessions were ruined with the green black stinking water that flowed.

They had bowls all over the place to catch it.

The bathroom had ceiling leaks which resulted in the paint flaking off into the bath.

The areas of damaged ceiling have been tested and are positive for asbestos

so they have lived with that dangerous, disturbed substance hanging above their heads for 13 months.

My two granddaughters share a tiny bedroom and this is now being covered in an awful black mould.



Hyde have promised many times to send people to look at it and repair it but to this day they have done nothing.



A plasterer did turn up once but saw the report said asbestos and refused to even stand underneath the damaged ceiling.

My son and his family walk under this every day!



In April last year my son (unwisely it turns out) withheld his rent until they made his flat fit to live in.



in November they took him to court to repossess his flat.

The court advisor looked at all his paperwork and photo and the detailed diary we have kept of all the calls,

broken appointments etc and said I will get this adjourned as you have a very strong case for a disrepair counter claim.



Since November my son has been dealing with a solicitor who also said they have a very strong case.

She has asked for copies of all the paperwork and their tenancy agreement etc.

This week though she dropped a bombshell on us.

She told us the Barrister they wanted to use for this case is now unavailable for two months.



They have not been able to get the strongly worded letter to Hyde to try to get the court case dropped and the repairs carried out.

She said if they are to continue to represent him they will need £2000 up front

but admits she can’t actually promise they can do anything in time.

she has left us with nothing and no-one to help.

The next court appearance is next month!!



Is there any legal eagle out there who can help us or recommend someone who can?



All the legal firms we have spoken to don’t want to go up against Hyde Housing, why I have no idea.



We need to speak to someone as soon as possible.



The case will be heard in Bromley County Court (Bromley in Kent) in February.



Please help, the thought of my son and his family being thrown onto the street is making me physically ill.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


I would agree you appear to have a very strong case.

CAG are not allowed to recommend people (as I understand it)


Do you have a local college of law because you might find someone there that will take case on a pro bono basis.


Also you might get better advice in the "home repossession" forum


You may find the Site Team move you.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the mean time if you could find out what the rent arrears total.


Did they have contents insurance?

Photo everything and keep records.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Done a bit of internet "looking" and found The national pro bono center.


They appear to put you in contact with the people in your area for free advice.


Site Team: If this post is breaking the "rules" in anyway please un approve it. I've no wish to offend anyone.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are hundreds of barristers in London and the South-East. If the barrister your son's representative wanted to use is unavailable it should be quite straightforward to find another one. There is plenty of time for a barrister to prepare for a hearing in February, this really shouldn't be issue.


If the real issue is that he cannot afford £2000 for the solicitor to continue representing him, then he needs to explore other options. It might be possible to get cheaper representation by approaching direct access barristers. It might also be possible to get some pro-bono help - go down to the local CAB and also use the advisor search on Shelter's website at http://england.shelter.org.uk/home.


I don't understand why it is not possible to have this strongly worded letter sent. If a draft has been prepared, then ask the solicitor to send over the draft and he can send it himself if necessary.




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...