PayPal and Unauthorised Transactions

Mr Wits
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Evening Wise Ones,

I just wanted to tell someone about my issues that I am having with PayPal

and Unauthorised Transactions on my account over the last few months.

It all started when I woke up one morning to find funds had been taken from my bank account

and PayPal account from a Gambling Company.

To cut a long story short

with lots of emails back and forth with PayPal they agreed to refund the charges.

I was a bit in shock after all the stories that I have heard about the PayPal.

But when checking my bank and PayPal account,

only some of the transactions were refunded

and now PayPal are saying that no third party has had access to my account.

So my question is

why have PayPal said first of all that the transactions will be reversed and credited back

and now saying that the transactions are fine.

Should I pursue this or give up and think myself lucky I got some of the money back???

Really need some ones help please?

Kind Regards

Mr Wits

so you have never had any dealings with any gambling sites?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

And can you please quote ad verbatim what you see as their undertaking to reverse the disputed transactions?

How many were there, over how long a period and what amount was taken?

Good that you have it in writing.

Have you not also written to the company who took the money?

They can see the IP address and other details about the computer that was used to make the transactions.

My guess is that they can't see any other computer being used to make these transactions other than yours. Perhaps someone else that has access to your computer?

So if not you, then someone has access not only to your Paypal account password, but also your VeriSign password.

well i have heard of a new trick being tried by virus/malware writers

they install virtual desktoping on the desktop, then attempt to log on around midnight, if they can see from the remote display that the computer is in active use then they try a differnt time, if they get on it then they will download something like browser password decrypter.

that gives them a list of all saved passwords on the computer

they then use your own computer remotely to access the sites, that way it takes alot longer if ever to get charged back

there has also been a large rise in the use of inpost or bybox lockers, im hearing rumors that thats partly due to fraudulant purchases

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Good Evening,

Thanks for all your replies ;-)

PayPal have refunded back around £1700 to my account, but 4 transactions have still not been reversed for the amount of £400.

PayPal have not said what was wrong I just received an email to say money has been reversed back to my account.

Now for the other 4 transactions PayPal are saying that no third party has hacked into my account.

So why have some been reversed and some have not??

It has baffled me :-)

Any ideas would be great

Kind Regards

Mr Wits

P.S

This is when PayPal said the funds would be reversed:

We've finished reviewing your unauthorised activity claim and you'll

receive a refund for the transaction amount. It may take up to five working

days for the funds to appear in your account.

Now I received this for the last 4 transactions:

Because your account security is our top priority, we fully investigated your Unauthorized Account Use Claim. We've determined that the payment is not a case of unauthorized account activity, and as a result your claim has been denied.

If there was a billing agreement linked to this payment, we have cancelled it.

If you'd like a copy of the documentation we used in the investigation of your unauthorized account activity case, please send a letter to:

PayPal, Inc.

Attn: Unauthorized Account Access Appeal

P.O. Box 45950

Omaha, NE 68145

USA

Please include your name, the email address on your PayPal account, and the date you reported the claim.

If you bought an item and did not receive it, or if it arrived in a condition other than described, we can help you open a dispute. To open a dispute, contact us by clicking Contact us at the bottom of any PayPal page.

The dispute process gives you and the seller a chance to negotiate a solution before asking PayPal to resolve the issue. The information gathered during the dispute process will be available to you and the seller in the Resolution Center.

Sincerely,

Didiey

PayPal Account Review