EON bill for Pre-pay meter 'bill' - moved out +1yrs ago!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!

Somewhat confused about the situation I have with a bill from Eon.

I moved out of a house that used a pre payment meter roughly 15 months ago,

and into a new property which I've been paying via Direct Debit.

The supplier was initially British Gas whom I moved away from and back to Eon - the Tesco Club card points are a big win!

However, this past December (roughly ~ 14 months later)

I received a bill from Eon asking for a low triple figure sum as a final payment for that address.

This striked me as odd at the time as I used a pre payment meter and wanted to chase it up with Eon,

which I totally forgot about if I'm honest with you as was rather hectic!

Today however, I received another letter which jogged my memory!

I've had a quick look around the internet about backdated payments being asked from suppliers

and noticed that there are some regulations regarding that beyond the 12 month point.

I had absolutely no clue I owed any money whatsoever, and as far as I was concerned all matters were settled

with that address so haven't tried to contact them (which is part of the regulation I believe).

The date on the letter for the end of the charge period is also + 15 days after I moved out, which was another reason for wanting to contact them!

So my question is it worth coughing up the cash and settling it? Or is there some grounds to make a complaint?

Thanks!

if they took over 12mts to bill you

then they are stuffed.

esp if the period is outside your tenancy!

I believe we still have an EON rep here

i'll alert them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In fact I didn't actually have a tenancy at the house, as my mother passed away

and the tenancy couldn't be succeeded due to some very queer technicality in the law (reason I had to move).

I rung up and notified Eon at the time that she had passed and I plodded along for 6 months or so in contact with the local MP's office

who had a very tough time getting time to sit down with the head of the council that handled these things

(in regards to succeeding the tenancy), it went through various legal teams before a decision was made and I was very much left in limbo to say the least!

Eon simply moved the bills over into my name,

and I continued to put money on the machines to make sure the house was hot and had electric!

Edited by evensis

Good morning evensis, thanks for the post, sorry I'm a bit late in on this one!

Sounds like something's gone wrong here, did you contact E.ON when you actually moved out of the property, with the final meter reads and your forwarding address?

The balance could be on the account for a number of reasons with a pre-payment meter, estimated final reads, miss-directed payments, incorrect dates (I know you said some of the dates don't match) ect, so these are things we can look in to for you and come to a resolution.

We've got a dedicated pre-payment department who will be the best people to speak to, details on the website, but I'm more than happy to get you in contact with them.

Thank you

Helena