Bit of an issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few weeks back I was a passenger in my own car,

daughter was driving as I work nights

had just got up and she needed to take the grand kids home

idea was she drive to hers I get a brew wake up then drive back to mine.

on the way to daughters an idiot lad decides he is playing chicken to show off

and waits till the last moment to step out in front of us causing us to chuck out the anchors as it was wet,

he then proceeds to shout abuse at my daughter who was having a word or two with him out of the window,

him spitting at the car etc

I jumps out has a verbal altercation quite animated and getting nowhere except insults and threats

with daddy beating me up and cops

I get back in the car and we drive off with this idiot now filming the car.

Jump forwards

my daughter gets a call from police yesterday

who visit her asking who her passenger was as a accusation of assault has been lodged against me

they are going to contact me to arrange for me to go in the station that means an arrest and questioning in my books.

I have legal cover with my union so will ring them but

I can't prove I never hit him and my animated confrontation as his actions had caused injury to me and the grand kids

I assume as they where hysterical in the back of the car may incriminate me

as although I was verbally confrontational the hands going could look more than they actually where.

A great start to an even poorer start to 2015

All information given above is purely my own opinion. Some based on personal experience. Where backed up by case files I will make that known. However, until then please take all of what I say with a pinch of salt and accept it only as a reference. :madgrin::madgrin::madgrin:

He can't prove otherwise either. And its not arrest. Its voluntary questioning. An allegation was made and they are duty bound to investigate.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The experiences i've had with the police have always been negative. I'm no saint but the way the year has started seems a good indicator of how it's going to progress.

All information given above is purely my own opinion. Some based on personal experience. Where backed up by case files I will make that known. However, until then please take all of what I say with a pinch of salt and accept it only as a reference. :madgrin::madgrin::madgrin:

Doesnt matter about previous experiences. Follow procedure each time then contest it later. If you go in with that attitude, then theyre going to think you are guilty anyway. Right now, they just want more information as an accusation has been levied against you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They got her number of an add for my daughters business that's on the back of the car which confuses me as the number plate number is bigger by far I asked my daughter the same question

Your union allows free legal advice on non work matters :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Your union allows free legal advice on non work matters :)

Not quite They passed it through for a free consultation I spoke with the solicitor earlier who advised on how to handle the situation and possible outcomes. I got a good rapor going with the solicitor who told me should it go further to call him back and he will advice further free of charge and look at possible avenues for legal aid should it be needed as he said assault can be someone fearing they will be hit so it could just be that and not physical.

So fingers crossed oh the joy of scumbags.

as he said assault can be someone fearing they will be hit so it could just be that and not physical.

Indeed. Infliction of unlawful physical force is what many call "assault", but it is in fact a "battery" or "physical assault"

The fear of infliction of immediate unlawful physical force is an assault (or "simple assault" / "common assault")

It is possible to have an assault without a battery : as in I make you think I am about to hit you but don't actually hit you

It is also possible to have a battery without an assault (I sneak up behind you unnoticed & strike you) : the battery is the force landing but there is no assault as you never saw it coming and thus never feared it.

Incidentally, if you wish to claim self-defence, be prepared to be asked "you were safer in the car, why did you get out of the car?"

No road rage just a justifiable reaction to someone causing injury to two babies and myself which i'm still suffering with, then assaulting my daughter by spitting at her.

Why not drive on? Hindsight is a great thing.

I will just see how it goes with the cops.

Bill

"I got out the car to make sure noone was hurt"?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I'm glad you did :lol: