Premier Parking Solutions Didcot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I parked at the PPS car park opposite didcot station and forgot to pay.

I realise that it is my fault for not paying but I park there via the ringo app every day.

I appealed the fine as its £60 and thats 10 days parking!!!

Surely they can't charge this as thats a penalty?

I did offer to pay for both my car and also another £6 for any car that would've taken my place.

They have since rejected my appeal and sent me this:

"Thank you for your appeal which we will respond to below.

Firstly, however, you should be aware that as you have not given us a full serviceable address for the driver of the vehicle

we will be making a request to the DVLA for details of the vehicle keeper so that we can establish the identity of the driver

according to Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act.

Further to your email of appeal received on 23/12/2014 regarding the above parking charge,

I have now had the opportunity to review this case and my findings are below.

Whilst we appreciate and sympathise with your situation, we are unable to take mitigating circumstances into account.

Parking at this site is only for vehicles that are parked in accordance with the site instructions, as detailed on signage on site.

This signage is clear, in excess of industry standards and clearly details any charges that may be imposed

should these restrictions be contravened.

The amount sought as the parking charge notice is a term of the contract.

Vehicles must be parked only in designated areas with a valid pay

and display ticket clearly on display on the dashboard of the vehicle at all times

or have an active RingGo session in place.

There was neither a ticket displayed in this vehicle or an active RingGo session

and I therefore uphold our operative’s decision to issue this parking charge notice.

It is your responsibility to make sure you have either a valid pay and display ticket on clear display

or an active RingGo session in place for your vehicle at all times.

If there is neither a valid pay and display ticket displayed in your vehicle

or a valid RingGo parking session then your vehicle is not authorised to be parked at this site.

There is no active RingGo session at the time the charge ws issued to the vehicle

and therefore the charge was issued correctly.

We are therefore unable to cancel the Parking Charge Notice as it was issued correctly.

Please forward a payment of £60 to reach us by 20/01/2015 or £100 to reach us by 03/02/2015

in order to avoid Debt Recovery proceedings; incurring additional costs.

Please be aware that when appealing any further the charge will not be placed on hold.

Payments can be made by cheque or postal order - payable to PPS Ltd, or on our website -

If your appeal is unsuccessful, you have the opportunity to go to an Independent Appeals Service known

as POPLA (Parking on Private Land Appeals)."

Is there anything I can do?

Am I likely to get out of it?

Cheers!

where on their paperwork do they use the word FINE please

or the word PENALTY

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

where on their paperwork do they use the word FINE please

or the word PENALTY

dx

So because they are just asking me to pay them it's neither a fine nor a penalty? And I don't have to pay? Surely not as simple as that!?

Pretty much. Grab a popla code from them, use gpeol and laugh.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So because they are just asking me to pay them it's neither a fine nor a penalty? And I don't have to pay? Surely not as simple as that!?

Hi and welcome.

As Imp says, pretty much. On private land (as opposed to the public highway where fines are legal) a Parking Charge Notice is an invitation to pay, These companies like the letters PCN as they look similar to a Penalty Charge Notice (which of course it isn't)

Have a read around the forum about what these companies get up to.

I agree with getting a POPLA code although with the appeal rejection letter they should already have done so with the rejection letter.

Genuine Pre estimate of Loss (GPEoL) means that they have to justify themselves. What have they lost? A parking fee.

Even if you lost at appeal, you still don't have to cough up as this is a civil matter and they would have to go to county court to get a judgement against you. Not that many companies do this, especially if someone defends strongly.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

done

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I agree with getting a POPLA code although with the appeal rejection letter they should already have done so with the rejection letter.

I agree with this. ......Did they provide a POPLA code ?

Need dates of when you Emailed (appealed) to them and the date of the "rejection".

"Slippery little suckers" are trying to time you out

"Slippery little suckers" are trying to time you out

That's easy for you to say... tongue1.gif

OP- As above... Dates please.

As you seem to not have appealed as Keeper or driver, then PPS say they are going to get RK details from the DVLA.

So wait for the NTK in the post is my advice.

agree with above, mak ethem do the work. When you get the NTK tell us exactly what is says as many a parking co gets it wrong by not saying where the event took place and offering a service address for the company making the claim against you, They think that by just demanding oney for an alleged breach that is enough, it isnt.