hoist/Cohen claimform - old HSBC credit card 'debt'***Claim Dismissed with Costs***

Big1978
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An update:

Notice of Propsed Allocation to the Small Claims Track.

Important Notice

If you do not comply with this notice the court will make such order as appears to be appropriate. This could include striking out the claim or entering judgment.

TAKE NOTICE THAT

1. This is now a defended claim.

The defendant has filed a defence.

2. It appears that this case is suitable for allocation tonthe small claims track.

If you believe that this track is not the appropriate track for the claim, you must complete box C1 on the Small Claims directions Questionnaire (Form N180) and explain why.

3. You must by 5 December 2016 complete the Small Vlaims Directions Questionnaire (Form N180) and file it with the court office and serve copies on all other parties.

Please can someone help me on what I need to do? I know that I must agree to Mediation and then when they call and ask if I've received all paperwork say no because I've not had any correspondence from with Cohen or the DCA (apart from them saying that they will not comply with the s78 request).

yes agree to mediation

the rest is obv

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Make 3 copies of the completed DQ (N180 for SCT)

Serve 1 to court

Serve 1 to Cohen's

Save 1 to your own file.

You can add a short covering letter along the lines of:

Please find enclosed by way of service, completed N180 Directions Questionnaire. A copy of which has also been served to the court/claimant.

Delete whichever is appropriate

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Hi guys... I'm just filling in the N180 and I know I have to send a copy to Cohens. I'm just concerned that they will now have my signature (granted it's my new married name etc) and my telephone number... I really cannot cope with getting telephone calls from them.... can I have some advice/reassurance. Many thanks :)

Hi guys... I'm just filling in the N180 and I know I have to send a copy to Cohens. I'm just concerned that they will now have my signature (granted it's my new married name etc) and my telephone number... I really cannot cope with getting telephone calls from them.... can I have some advice/reassurance. Many thanks :)

Dont sign their copy.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

....sorry another thing... going through the EX730 (Mediation paperwork) and on the last page there are 2 statements:

For mediation to be successful there needs to be some flexibility from all parties and a willingness to listen and consider each other's positions. Can you agree to this? I've ticked yes.

I can confirm that I have enough information about the claim, to allow me to enter into negotions. I've not received any paperwork (s78 CPR etc) so do I need to tick no?

• 3 weeks later...

is the email not just saying we will ring or you need to ring?

have they asked the std questions on that form?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes it is. Yes they have.

Mediation Requirements

Please read the following statements:

For mediation to be successful there needs to be some flexibility from all parties and a willingness to listen and consider each other’s positions. Can you agree to this?

I can confirm that I have enough information about the claim to allow me to enter into negotiations and that I do not require any further evidence from the other party before the appointment

I can confirm that I can mediate on the date stated above.

(Mediation appointments are limited and can only be re-arranged under exceptional circumstances).

Mediation is only available to you if you can answer YES to all 3 statements above. If you answer NO to any of the statements, mediation is not suitable for your case and you should contact the Mediation Team to inform them (email is preferable).

I've not received any paperwork (apart from their copy of the N180) from them so mediation is not appropriate.

no 1 is most certainly no then

dx

and they

correct

the claimant nor their solicitors have responded to my requests under CCA/CPR made DAte.

and they

Thanks will do. Looks like I'm heading to Court... 😞

Not necessarily...long way to go yet.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

Got my court date through (17 March).

I'm assuming I need to get my portfolio of paperwork arranged (letters, signed for receipts etc).

I'm guessing they won't pay the fee until last minute.com (I'm assuming this from other threads I've read).

I know there's plenty of time until hearing but I want to get my ducks in a row...

The Judge reviewing the case has said it's suitable for mediation

- but it isn't (is it?) because they've never responded to any of my requests for paperwork....

Correct in as much as mediation will fail with no paperwork but you always agree to it anyway, whether it would fail or not.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Agreed.

But at every stage of this process regarding mediation todate I have posted up what has been asked and I can answer yes to everything apart from "have you received enough information from the claimant about the claim to enter into negotiations"

this has always been and always will be "no" - I'm in a catch-22

I need to enter into mediation but cannot answer their questions...

. Do I do the same again?

o I contact the mediation service and explain the situation again?