• Tweets

• Thats because this claim has not been allocated as yet hence the above hearing *Case Management " to determine the directions (N157 Notice of allocation) which will follow after this hearing. You are not requested to submit a statement but have all the details with you (claim form defence CPR CCA etc etc)   Andy
    • Our price is the same all day, but varies day to day. Yes there's a risk of high prices but it has never gone above SVR any time since I signed up. Last 30 days average 17.67p/kWh, max 20.67 and lowest was 11.83.  It saved just under £300 during 2023.  
    • It you had E7 in the past but have converted to single rate then the meter will still hold the last recorded Night readings. This introduces scope for error when manually reading. If the meter has only ever been used on single rate then there's only one figure that can be taken. For example ours shows "Rate 1" reading and a "Total import" reading, but they both give the sme figure. If it has ever been on E7 the total will be higher, including the retained night reading.
    • okay, perfect and thank you so much for the help once again. so firstly i am going to initiate the breathing space, during this time it's likely ill receive a default. when i receive the default are you aware of how long it will take for me to know whether the OC have sold it off to DCAs? Once it's with the DCAs i do not need to worry as they cannot issue a CCJ only the OCs can Even if i decide to come an arrangement with the DCAs no point as the default will remain for 6 years paid or not paid I should only consider repayment if the OC still won the debt and then issue a CCJ? Just to confirm the default will not be seen after 6 years? No one can tell I had one then after 6 years ill be all good?
    • I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

hoist/Cohen claimform - old HSBC credit card 'debt'***Claim Dismissed with Costs***

Big1978
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

But he can impose sanctions......barring them from using any written evidence...difficult to win a case without documents.:wink:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys - in the post today I've received some documentation. I am so angry by this... but for the only reason being that they have blaitnetly lied about certain aspects. I really need some help in trying to decifer everything. I really really think they've made some glaring errors but I don't know how to start going about it. Oh yes - and there is nothing on the forms with my signature.... anywhere!!

Still a day after the court order so worth asking to be struck out imo. Did it come via recorded/special delivery? What date is on the WS? You will probably be advised to upload the document but make sure you remove all your personal information/claim no./ anything that can identify the case. Youre going to have to quote acts to show why its not enforceable without a signed agreement so start finding them. Its not good enough to just say 'hasnt got this and that' you must show why and where it says it must have it if youre going to win. Best to have more than one argument as well imo just incase. Im not an expert so take my advice with a pinch of salt and do your own research. Good luck. If you dont want to do the above, a solicitor will cost around £200 to look at it, £300 to write a WS and ~£175/hr in court from what I have found. No guarantee they will win either.

I emailed the court yesterday so I guess I'll hear from them next week. I'm going to speak to a solicitor using our home insurance legal coverage. Some of my argument will be based on the fact the "default notice" served apparently has such a laughable address on it... it has part of my address from a house that I had no idea existed on the date that they "apparently" sent it and it was a good 3 years before we even moved there with a selection of each address I've lived at (so either they're psychic or they're fabricating information in the court paperwork).... A postcode that doesn't even exist and additionally there is nothing on their letter that relates to me... The "letter" they "apparently sent me stating that the debt had been sold on is literally a template (you know the mail merge type of thing).

I emailed the court yesterday so I guess I'll hear from them next week. I'm going to speak to a solicitor using our home insurance legal coverage. Some of my argument will be based on the fact the "default notice" served apparently has such a laughable address on it... it has part of my address from a house that I had no idea existed on the date that they "apparently" sent it and it was a good 3 years before we even moved there with a selection of each address I've lived at (so either they're psychic or they're fabricating information in the court paperwork).... A postcode that doesn't even exist and additionally there is nothing on their letter that relates to me... The "letter" they "apparently sent me stating that the debt had been sold on is literally a template (you know the mail merge type of thing).

So why are you looking for Solicitor ?...you should be having a field day with all their botched up clutching at straws patched up documents. ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I guess I'm just worried, Andy.

Never been in this position before. My hubby and I have been talking about this all day. I don't think I've ever seen anything so abhorrent before....

Tomorrow we're going to go through everything and highlight all their errors.

Advice on how to respond would be appreciated :)

Go through the documentation making notes of all the errors and legal reasons why its not valid...then you prepare a Supplemental witness statement which you will file and serve not less than 3 days before the trial in addition to your main witness statement.

It you can also scan and post up the docs redacted.

Yes it is pre 2007 ..forgive me....so no reconstitutes for you :-)

Hi folks - please see the documents received (redacted).

Your thoughts and advice would be appreciated as I go about trying to do this supplemental WS...

As I see it at present:

1. No signed original agreement submitted

2. Never a response to my repeated requests for CCA/CPR - why has it had to get to the court stage before they submitted their evidence if they had it all along?

3. The NOA letter they've included in their WS/disclosure bears no resemblance to what they actually sent me previously

4. No default notice received (so their template they refer to is not relevant (I believe)

5. The "statement" (heavily redacted as I think it could identify the case) from the original creditor would be easy to replicate on an excel spreadsheet.

REturn.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
23Mb attachment reduced to 1mb - dx

so two sets of blank T&C's they've got out of their filing cabinet or from here or other such sites on the internet.

total bogroll.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That's exactly what I thought! Also I believe with the date and address thing on their "NOA" letter they sent to me in 2013 is tantermount to perjury... Because one part of the address is our current house - a house we didn't know even existed in 2013!!!

Its all irrelevant anyway without a signed copy of the credit card agreement or proof that any of its connected......bit like having a car with no wheels...aint going anywhere:wink:

Thanks guys! So do I detail exactly what is wrong with their WS like:

1. No signed credit agreement (in accordance with section? of the CCA)

2. Bringing the issue with the address on the NOA letter to the courts attention.

Hi all - please see below my first attempt at the SWS. You're advice/guidance would be appreciated.

--------

I xxxx, being the Defendant in this case will state as follows;

I make this Supplemental Witness Statement further in support to my previous witness statement.

1. I submit this Supplemental Witness Statement due to receiving claimants’ disclosures and witness statement late, this I felt was to disadvantage me, even though I had requested these documents, in my request, which was acknowledged on the xx/09/2016.

Exhibit A. My letter requesting documents.

Exhibit B. Letter from Robinson Way confirming request of documentation mentioned in particulars of claim dated xx/09/2016 within 14 days, of which none was produced.

2. In the claimants witness statement Section 4, marked “xxx1", they claim I was contractually obligated to make minimum monthly payments and enclosed a copy of the original and final terms and conditions. This is simply invalid and does not comply with the CCA 1974 in either the giving of information pursuant to the section 78 or the requirements required for enforcement under section 78.6 (b). Under the Act:

The Agreement must contain a Credit Limit, or a reference that the Credit Limit will be set at a later date, or a statement that no Credit Limit is required.

The Agreement must declare the APR% rate, monthly and/or annually.

The Agreement must contain a date/or indication of a date such as weekly, monthly or annually, for payments to be made, or state a date will be decided upon later, or that monthly statements will be provided to show the date of required payment.

The Agreement must contain a notice of your right to cancellation - usually 14 days from the date signed.

Or a condition that it may not be cancelled under the Act and/or various others.

The Agreement must contain ALL Terms & Conditions.

The agreement must be legible, and the type face distinguishable from the background colour.

The Agreement must be signed by both parties - Debtor and Creditor/or their representative and dated.

Any copy of the Agreement lawfully requested by the debtor under section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, must be a valid and true Certified Copy of the Original Agreement - in this instance, reconstituted agreements are not valid, true copies and are unacceptable.

All of the above, must be contained within a single, signed document and parts may not be sent separately, or issued under separate cover.

I therefore respectfully request that the case is struck out pursuant to CPA 3.4(2)c there has been a failure to comply with a rule, practice direction or court order.

3. Section 5 – Exhibit xxx2

1. No mention that the paperwork is from HSBC. It certainly is not, as stated, copy statements. Because of the questions raised by the authenticity of Exhibit xxx5 I believe this random piece of paper should be called into serious question.

2. There is no indication of any payments made against the alleged account; so it was in default/dispute from the very first “statement” but this could be a spreadsheet that has been concocted so how can it be proven that this is an actual credit card account.

4. Section 6/7/8 - Exhibit xxx 3 - This “evidence” does not appear to mention HSBC either and the amounts do not correlate with the original Notice of Assignment dated xx/06/2013. Additionally, apparent dates on this piece of paper seem to indicate activity on the account after the alleged debt was sold on. Exhibit xxx 4 No default notice ever received so the point of the Claimant including a template is, I believe erroneous.

5. Section 14 - The claimant states that during their submission of the particulars of claim form they were restricted in the number of characters allowed for electronic issue, however according to County Court Business Centre rules of membership (version date 30/09/2013), section 5.2.1 and 5.2.2 it is argued that the claimant could have issued a separate more detailed particulars of claim within 14days of issuance of claim (Exhibit C).

6. Sections 9 & 16 – It is duly noted that the claimant contests my previously submitted defence, however the claimant is yet to provide me with a signed original agreement as required by section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Further, exhibit xxx5 which purports to be the Notice of Assignment dated xxth of June 2013 raises some questions. The address it is addressed to does not exist and appears to be comprised of lines from multiple different address’s, interestingly one of these lines is for my current address which I did not move to until October 2015, which is over 2 years after the claimant states that they sent this letter, a further item which I bring to your attention is the original notice of assignment from HSBC informing the defendant of the sale of the alleged debt, this document which has not been previously relied on as it was not relied upon in the particulars of claim can now be found as exhibit D. Interestingly there are a number of other differences so I argue that xxx5 is not the original Notice of Assignment.

It is therefore my contention that the claimant is still in default of my section 78 request and prevented from seeking any relief.

Statement of Truth

Have you altered the Default Notice to hide information or is that what they served on you? They quote s136 of the Law and Property act as right to transfer the debt and sign it off from HSBC, according to s82 of the Consumer Credit Act it must be the Assignee who issues the Notice of Assignment. s136 says the assignor can sign it off. Which takes precedence on a consumer credit agreement, does anyone know? Is it irrelevant? Without the signed original I think you can be pretty confident the CCA wont be accepted, I would find the correct part of the act and quote it if I was you. I think its s61 and s127(3) in your case, I may be wrong. I would include the failings of the default notice as well if I was you. s87-89 details what it must include.

No - I've not altered anything they sent me (save to take identity information out).

We haven't changed the 'Default Notice'' at all, it actually came as part of their witness pack already anonymised.

Mmmff. This was already answered on your own thread

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Was it? Must have missed it, working full time and trying to figure this stuff out leaves you tired. The default notice doesnt comply with the act so is worth saying so imo. I wouldnt provide them with the genuine Notice of Assignment either if I was you. Feel obligated to tell you I am not a solicitor or an expert in consumer credit agreements I'm just sharing what ive found being in a similar position to you. Double check everything.

There is nothing in my thread regarding that Dx, good job contributing to the thread buddy. Have fun adding paragraphs.

Maybe you would be better putting it in then, I dont know to be honest. My concern was if you show the Judge the genuine NoA you have proved for them that they own the debt and have fulfilled their duty to tell you. Im sure AndyOrch will give you an opinion on the matter in due time.

In my defence I said this:

"I have in the past received a legal assignment or Notice of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 Section 136(1) from the original creditor. But I do not recall ever receiving a Default Notice pursuant to section 87(1) CCA or any advance notice or warning."