Vanquis Bank Repayments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a Vanquis card with a limit of £250 initially taken out with Argos on a buy now pay later thing

I missed the first repayment due to errors on their website not allowing card payments to go through

they called me, I express on the phone I wished the pay the FULL balance off at the end of the month (November 14)

and as a gesture of good will they would cancel the fees to my account, brilliant!

I call them to make this payment and but within that time more charges had been added

and the original charges were not removed nor had any memo been placed on my account

then when I questioned this they hung up

I instantly wrote an email of complaint regarding this which was not responded too until about 2 weeks later

stating they were investigating the matter but this could take x amount of time

during which I must continue to make regular payments and interest will still be added

I've recently received a reply from Vanquis saying they've listened to both calls,

the second saying their operative was not abrupt and they were unable to tell if the disconnection was caused at my end or not.

With regards the first call the operative did state she would waiver the charges if I paid in full

but as I didn't make a payment of £61 before my agreed final payment date then this was reversed

I was not made aware of any interim payments needing paying before making my final payment

and have since refused to make any payments while I'm trying to get to bottom of this as I think I've been unfairly treated

My current balance now stands at £371 thats now £121 more than I borrowed.

Now I more than happy to pay in full the amount I originally agreed but NO more

which they keep refusing saying the account has now defaulted,

whatever that means?

What can I do next?

Do I have any rights regards my original verbal agreement I made on the telephone?

Thanks in advance

letter of complaint to the CEO methinks.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would pay what you think you owe

an sar should get your call recordings

SPECIFICALLY ask for them in the sar

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I was thinking of writing a letter enclosing a cheque for the amount I think I fairly owe and basically stating something along the lines of

Here is my final payment offer of £xxx, if you choose to bank this cheque then you have taken it upon yourself to accept my offer and my account will be cleared in full with no further charges or interest applied and account number xxxxxxxxxxxx to be closed

If you wish to decline this offer then I await your response withing 14 days enclosing my original cheque