Got a wedding to attend on my SIGN ON DAY!

Alfie29
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sign on again next Monday but I have a wedding to go to on that day.

What do I do? I wont be able to attend that day at all :/ Do i lose my money?

thanks in advance:!:

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

Last February I wanted to attend a relative's funeral. The time of the funeral coincided with my normal signing on time.

I called in at the Jobcentre several days before the day of my signing on and the funeral and asked to see my adviser.

I got to see him and I explained my predicament. He said that the signing on day itself could not be altered but I could come in at any time on the day between 9.00am and 4.30pm. I suggested, and he accepted, 9.00am.

I went in at 9.00am, signed on, and was out again by 9.15am.

You could do the same. You have plenty of time to see or contact your adviser or Jobcentre manager to arrange a suitable time. Unless they are especially obnoxious, or bear a grudge against you, there is no legitimate reason for them not accommodating you.

If you do not sign on at all on the day, there is no doubt about it, your benefit will be stopped.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/158677/response/389935/attach/html/3/WDTK%201882%20Adams.pdf.html

this may be of assistance to you., Be aware it is dated may 2013 though

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

The thing is I wont be able to make the day to go in so i'm stuffed basically! Great to tell me sister that her bro can't make her wedding! :O

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

The option in SabreSheep's posted link might still be open to you. Can't you enquire at your Jobcentre about the possibility of taking a one or two day holiday?

Dear Ms Adams,

Thank you for your Freedom of Information request received on 20 April 2013. You asked:

When a Jobseeker's Allowance claimant wishes to go on holiday they need to complete a

ES674 holiday form. What i would like to know is does the ES674 need to be completed within

a certain time frame? For example, would the claimants last signing on appointment before the

holiday is due to begin be the appropriate time for it to be completed, or can it be filled in any

time prior to the holiday?

Jobseeker’s Allowance claimants who are going on holiday within Great Britain are required to

complete a form ES674 ’Going on holiday within Great Britain’ form any time prior to the

holiday.

If you have any queries about this letter please contact me quoting the reference number

above.

Yours sincerely,

DWP Central FoI Team

How long have you known about the wedding date ?

Especially if you were aware that you would need to travel up the day previously to attend an early ceremony ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I'd also be inclined to just ask them nicely and hope they can let you sign on a different day. It's 99% certain they won't of course but there's always the chance a ray of humanity might surface among them :) If in the past you've shown yourself to be reliable and conscientious in your signing and jobsearch they may let you. They definitely treat the 'genuine' claimants better than the 'awkward' ones. Good luck.

If they do give you a different signing day, make sure you get it in writing, in case of any future 'you did not attend on the day' claims by the JC - they're not known for their record-keeping. Get it writing so you're covered.

Isn't sign on day determined by national insurance no?

Yes, that's right - but I'm sure the JC can make exceptions if something really bad happened and a person couldn't get in on their signing day; the question is, how serious a reason do they consider a wedding to be? On the basis of it not being likely to happen often, I'd allow it if it was up to me.