Erudio Student loan demands pile up 15 years after tenants moved out

dx100uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mrs L.C.writes: I bought my house in 1999. Previous tenants left owing money to everyone possible. Their children went to university but have not repaid student loans, and every few months I have received demands, which I have returned, saying they are no longer at my address.

Erudio Student Loans Limited has now taken over this debt. I told it that the family left over 15 years ago, but Erudio said it would keep sending demands.

I protested and was told they would stop, but after two weeks another has arrived.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/experts/article-2904618/TONY-HETHERINGTON-Student-loan-demands-pile-15-years-tenants-moved-out.html#ixzz3OYUF3D6f

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Maybe a statutory deceleration would be of assistance here.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Nah. Just tell them straight and tell them if they do not stop then you'll be going to SCC for harassment

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

did you read the bit at the bottom....Erudio not filing accounts...

urm... are arrows are going to dissolve the business into their mainstream DCA activity already...

we all knew it would happen..but within 12mts....

LInk and THESIS all over again.

just so they can send obscure letters to people hiding the client and reason for the original debt.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well done UK Government, NOT, flogging off the Student Loan book to a shill company subsudiary of a bottom feeding DCA, didn't you realise it would all end in tears, for the students not yourselves? No course not it's all, about a quick buck.

So no wonder Erudio are trying to get the UK Government shafted "victims" oops debtors to sign their own T & C'ssfor deferments, the better for Arrow to harass them later, on less favourable terms than from SLC.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

He blamed the Student Loans Company for passing on your address, and added: ‘We can assure you our system has now been updated.’ Erudio has sent you £50 for the nuisance caused.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/experts/article-2904618/TONY-HETHERINGTON-Student-loan-demands-pile-15-years-tenants-moved-out.html#ixzz3OaslZMGW

And the offer of £50.00 is an insult, but this just shows the contempt this company has for people !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

All in each others pockets. Why weren't we offered the chance of a low one off payment to clear our loans? I would have gladly paid the same as Erudio to clear my loan. Oh yeah, cause they're in it together. Sorry for going off topic!

Most are the old mortgage style loans anyway - SB beyond doubt assuming no contact. All least the Government made something out of the worthless pile of .....

Can also assume that just before the strike off the book debt will be sold....

If not acknowledged or made a payment in 6 years (and ignore the credit to the account in 2008 as the interest rate was negative ) the use the SB defense once the fleecing DCA comes at you. Also ask for a copy of the agreement - mine for example is 1990 - 94 - i am sure the floppy disk they are stored on, punched cards / video disk cannot be read with current tech. , so I am sure they cannot take this to a judge...

My 2 cents on this complete balls up.

And in no way do I advocate not settling debt, but this was for education - which IMHO is a given right - well it is in scotland where students are not charged. Should be the same everywhere.

Most are the old mortgage style loans anyway - SB beyond doubt assuming no contact. All least the Government made something out of the worthless pile of .....

Can also assume that just before the strike off the book debt will be sold....

If not acknowledged or made a payment in 6 years (and ignore the credit to the account in 2008 as the interest rate was negative ) the use the SB defense once the fleecing DCA comes at you. Also ask for a copy of the agreement - mine for example is 1990 - 94 - i am sure the floppy disk they are stored on, punched cards / video disk cannot be read with current tech. , so I am sure they cannot take this to a judge...

My 2 cents on this complete balls up.

And in no way do I advocate not settling debt, but this was for education - which IMHO is a given right - well it is in scotland where students are not charged. Should be the same everywhere.

Wish mine was SB but unfortunately I played the good citizen and deferred mine each year with the SLC...

:(

Can i offer some advice to anybody feeling forced into signing any of these crooks documents?

If you feel "Forced" into signing any of these documents then simply write V.C. Just before your signature.

Eg: in my case (V.C. W. Buffet) there are others if you ever feel threatened into signing and someone is standing over your shoulder, then a more subtle is "..." just before your signature.

Eg: ... W. Buffet

I was told anybody legally educated will be able to identify that your signature was made under duress/threat of violence/ etc.

But, as dx advised me from the start, its best you sign nothing until they can legally prove the debt.

PPS: Sorry! this is not really relevant to this thread.

Send a Letter Before Action to Escrewdio, stating that as you are NOT the named debtor, and in fact they have not lived at the address for 15 years, you are telling them to Cease and Desist from sending any more demands for these individuals, all letters from them subsequent to this Notice will be recorded, filed and used to build up a case of Criminal Harassment against Erudio, for their pursuit of yourself for a third part debt. Get MP involved also.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!