First choice last choice for the disabled

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son is fifteen and can not walk so booked assistance at airport and following cancelling one hotel due to it not being described accurately on first chocie website booked at the grand sirenis, mexico which was supposed to be a five star and close to the sea and most importantly flat.

First choice despite several long conversations to ensure accommodation was ok for sons needs prior to travelling decided not to inform them about my sons disability so room was totally unsuitable and we had to stay in this room for three days despite being told we would be moved within 24 hours. I know this because the hotel were mortified they had been placed in such a position and showed us the booking especially after my wife asked them is this how they treat disabled people in mexico ( which has very good disability laws checked before we left as holiday was for daughters 21st and wanted it to be perfect )

rep did not want to know, texted uk immediatley thanking them for ruining my daughters 21st birthday treat by treating her brother like a second class citizen. Said they would phone rep immediately to resolve issue, saw rep in morning knew nothing about it and then when my wife went back to say move still not materialised told my wife i had said accommodation was ok when i had actually asked what could be done to move us to a more appropriate hotel

they also failed to provide sea view rooms for which they charged 800.00 gbp extra or adjoining rooms or even separate beds for my daughter and her brother

food and drinks awful virtually inedible and undrinkable wife got food poisoning from the seafood

now i am back wish to clain for four lost days three in rooms totally different to ones booked and paid for and one for wife's food posioning fully intend to go to court if i have to

wondered apart from steps outlined in equality act 2010 and sales of goods and services acts 1982 & the package travel package holidays and package tours regulations 1992 what other legislation i could hit them with

very tempted to claim for breach of contract and seek full reimbursement of holiday as we all returned exhausted and unhappy having lost weight and suffered from poor service for 14 days but do not know how easy this would be as most issued are service driven apart from sons needs,

any advice given will be gratefully received.

We logged complaints with hotel, thompson uk and mexico every day and have logged complaint online upon our return to uk already.

HAVE ALSO SWAPPED NUMBERS AND EMAILS WITH OTHER FIRST CHOICE DISABLED PASSENGERS WHO ALL FELT BADLY TREATED WHO I ONLY MET ON PLANE ON JOURNEY HOME