High British Gas Biill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Years my bills have always been around £300 from October - December.

However according British Gas they last recorded actual meter reading from my property since September 2013.

Since September 2013 all my gas and electric bill has been based on estimates.

For the period of October - December 2014 my bill has been £707 which is double the amount what I would normally.

In the past I have always called up to make payments and at the same time giving actual meter readings.

There has been no changes in my life and I have been using the central heating periodically similar for the past four years.

The BG advisor calculated and worked out that I am using 2.2 units of gas per day.

I accept that during winter times the heating is on more during summer,

however a good portion of the day we are all out.

Kids at school, I'm at work.

My wife does the house errands and teaches during the evening time.

Each time the central heating is being used we only leave it for an hour then its switched off.

I suspect it could be the meter but if the meter is not at fault I end up paying a call out charge.

It seems so harsh that British Gas never leave calling cards and they expect you to do all the chasing.

I dont have the money to pay such a high bill.

Can anyone advice how I can challenge this.

Best Wishes

You need to check your bills. If there is an E at the end of the meter reading then it's an estimate.

If it is then take the reading and ring them up and ask for a "revised" bill.

With regards to usage every household is different.

What sort of boiler is it ? combi or do you have a hot water cylinder ?

Hi

It is a combi boiler. The £707 bill is a revised bill after checking the initial bill. My concern is why have they left a massive gap since September 2013 for actual reading to take place.

With most of the family members are out during the day time and evening the heating only gets used from 20:00PM onwards and even then its minimal but some reason its clocking something like 2.2 units a day.

We were using more gas during 2011 and 2012 as most of family members were at home. Now with all the kids at school and misses working in the evening and kids have evening activities my gas bill should be a lot less than previous years based on consumption

Since September 2013 all my gas and electric bill has been based on estimates

Theres the issue, I'm afraid.

As all your bills since this time were estimates, it sounds like you have been underpaying & it's now a reading has been done, your bill has caught up with you.

A reading is meant to be done by the actual Electric/Gas company once every 2 years.

So you are within that timeline.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

• 4 months later...