• Tweets

• 1 Date of the infringement 31 March 2024   2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 8 April 2024   [scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s   3 Date received 15 April 2024   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Y   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Y   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Y   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Y   7 Who is the parking company? Horizon   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Iceland Chester   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Horizon parking Horizon Iceland Chester.pdf
    • Part of a settlement agreement.   concerbs over her nane online we’re raised and I was blamed for bad mouthing. I explained I put nothing up myself.  cannot discuss details of the case as per agreement.  
    • The sticky thread is locked because it's just a template thread. We need to see the invoice you're disputing. And for you to answer the questions below (I'm guessing this is an ANPR capture, the vast majority of tickets are) -   For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture] (must be received within 14 days from the Incident)   Please answer the following questions.   1 Date of the infringement Give answer here   2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] Give answer here   [scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s   3 Date received Give answer here   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Give answer here   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Give answer here   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Give answer here   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Give answer here   7 Who is the parking company? Give answer here   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Give answer here   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Give answer here   There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check HERE   If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here   Copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions... …….... In either case scan up both sides of any letters/tickets in or appeals made out to ONE MULTIPAGE PDF ONLY
    • Perfect, thanks Dave.   You're right, a whole dodo storm this has been. As sons of first-generation immigrant parents, whenever something like this happens the old man panics. There was a whole "appeal this now" because my dad paid for the parking as he was with the hirer at the time and he isn't as tech-savvy as my brother so he ended up doing what he did and because I don't live there anymore it came all the way down to this.  But yes, we'll do this SAR and see what comes of it.  Will keep posting here with the hopes that it may benefit someone in the future.  Thanks again, everyone. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Westcot Address Verification - Possibly from old Barclays CDL, Need some help please!

wars
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

This is my first post but

I have been looking around on here recently as have been seeking some advice.

I haven't been able to find a post similar enough to mine to get an answer

so I'm going to tell you about my troubles in hope someone can steer me right!

I took out a Barclays Career Development Loan back in 2007.

The company I took it out to train with then soon went out of business

- I'm sure some of you would've heard of them.

'Connectivity IT Training' based in Docklands, London.

I telephoned Barclays after I'd found out to then be told, Ok that's fine, we will take today as your course end date and you can start paying it back.

How considerate of them.

I made a few payments but seeing as I was on a CDL course, I obviously had no job or low pay.

I stopped being able to make payments and the letters stopped coming through.

Fast forward to the present day.

I moved away from my Mums (I've lived at 7 addresses since then, my most recent has been just under 5 months).

At the end of Dec I received a phone call from Westcot asking me if I was me.

I was surprised as I have no other outstanding debt (none that would be referred to a collection agency)

and as I do get a lot of junk calls I said no.

The lady said she would remove my number from their system, end of.

I didn't have that number when I signed for the CDL so no idea how they had gotten it.

On the 2nd of Jan I received a lovely letter from them to my NEW address.

Sent to my name, telling me they are attempting to contact me and that I need to confirm if it's me

or not living here before the 12th of Jan or else they will assume the contact information they hold for me is correct.

Now if I didn't indeed live here then I would have gotten this letter addressed for someone other than myself

and not opened it just binned it and they couldn't assume that I live here etc.

I have switched EVERYTHING to this address as I have moved away from the area I used to live in

and it's not convenient to pick up post from my parents anymore.

I did switch to other addresses I've lived at recently too and they are all previous addresses showing on my Noddle credit report.

I could be on the wrong track here and thinking that this is for the Barclays CDL when it isn't however theres nothing else it can be in my opinion.

Everything else is paid up to date and I've never missed a payment on anything, ever either.

I am also aware that by the middle of this coming November, the loan will be 6 years with no payment or contact so will be 'Statute Barred'.

The date of default displays Nov 2009.

I'm guessing they are aware of this and trying to get me now before the deadline.

Total outstanding is around £8600.

I am not in a position to repay this as my girlfriend isn't working

(on SMP as we have just had a baby and I am covering all the bills and trying to repay an old credit card which was at £8500 and now down to £5500).

Is there anything I can do or anything you can suggest to me?

I have no experience with Debt Collection agencies and I also don't want to have any experiences with them!

Thank's a lot for reading.

Sure... They use tracing methods, check your CRA for info such as where your accounts are registered to.

If you have Noddle, check it. Also if you can send a prove it letter or a CCA request with £1 postal order to see if they have the agreement. If not then, they are out of luck...

You DONT reset the SB clock by sending either of the above...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Personally, they are phishing and you should leave them well alone.

I wouldn't even respond to them by sending them anything, once you do, they will know they have their mark and continue to

harass you.

Ignore them would be my advice, it is only wetcloths after all.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The alternative is to completely ignore. Their phishing letter clearly demonstrates that they're unsure of your address. And no matter what they say, failure to respond in no way proves they have captured their prey. The longer you delay contact , including requesting CCA, the further you have inched towards S B.

Oh and don't be intimidated by Wescot's threats. All hot air. They usually send a chain of about five letters , including a couple written on solicitor letterhead, after they've "verified" you. If you don't respond, the creditor will attempt again through a different DCA.

Do be aware that the account may well have been assigned [sold] and Wescot chasing o b o the new owner. You'll find this out after checking your CRA file.

Thanks so much for your replies guys.

I have logged into my Noddle and it doesn't mention anything about it being assigned/sold to Westcot, where would I see it if that's the case? I will ignore this letter but does this mean they could send someone to the door? Should I warn the neighbours to not say anything if they are asked? So many things are going through my head to make myself 'invisible', its horrible when these things come back to haunt you! I also don't want my girlfriend opening up the door to two larger sized individuals asking lots of intimidating questions whilst I'm at work....

I was thinking about sending off a CCA but then they know for sure I exist still and am at the address, I might hold off on that one for a while. Will the next letter be confirming what they are contacting me for and for the amount? I read this in another post on here dating back to 2010 I think and that was their next method of contact.

Thanks again!

Relax relax relax.

These are tin pot debt collectors (DCA's) they are NOT bailiffs, nor will they ever be.

Their letters can be used to line the bottom of a budgie cage for all there worth.

Why would you be scared of an unsolicited stranger coming to your door?

Treat them exactly the same as you would a gypsy selling wooden pegs.

You are under absolutely NO legal obligation to talk to these lot, least of all entertain them on your doorstep.

IF, and it's a very BIG IF, they do turn up unannounced, as they have zero legal rights to be on your property, just inform them, to get off your property

and if they don't you will call the police and have them removed, then shut the door, don't be a prisoner in your own home for goodness sake, you live there.

If they remain or sit outside watching your property from their car, then call the police and tell them that someone has just been at your door asking for money, you have

told them to go away, but they are sat in their car, or still at your door, and you believe there will be a breach of the peace if he isn't removed. Then put the phone down,

the two's and blues will scare them away.

And as for anyone discussing this with any of your neighbours etc, that would be cause for a very loud complaint to the ICO for a breach of the data protection act.

These little firms who're foolish enough to buy these lemon debts, rely on your lack of knowledge, and all the rubbish that they show on TV (Can't pay we'll take it away and the like)

I receive weekly threat letters from various DCA's, and all of their letters run along exactly the same standard computer generated garbage,

we 'MAY' we 'MIGHT' 'IF', never will or have, and don't forget all of these letters are simply spat out of a computer, which has been programmed to send them out at certain times/intervals, when in reality, no actual human being knows where you are in the threat cycle of letters until you communicate with them and some telephone jockey looks

at their speak and spell.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Wars and welcome to CAG

1. You say the default date is Nov'r 2009 but do you know when you last paid anything toward the a/c. If the bank was slow is issuing the default, it could be that the a/c is SB's before Nov'r 2015.

2. You mention repaying and old credit card debt which now stands at £5,500. Were there any penalty chgs or PPI on this that you could reclaim to reduce the balance.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi again you lovely lot.

I've really found your comments very informative and interesting. I also feel a little more relaxed in knowing I'm not going to be another superstar shown on that lovely TV show about us poor Brits and our financial woes!

I'm not sure when I last paid anything towards the debt. I just assumed that the SB was 6 years from the date of the default. Isn't that the case then? Is there any way you could suggest I could find out when I last paid any money towards the account? I don't think I have any paperwork for it dating back that long ago, I'll have a look and see if I have anything in my files.

I was reluctant to go down the PPI route as the CC is with my bank who I've been with over 16 years and I don't want to ruin my relationship with them, if that sounds ridiculous then I apologise but I heard that the bank wants nothing to do with you after you do a PPI claim? They have also put my account into special terms (unofficial so it doesn't effect my credit report) in respect of a near non existent interest rate (as opposed to the rate of nearly 30%) so I can pay it off quicker. I never did have any penalty charges as I never missed a payment, all that's changed is instead of me paying nearly £300 a month on it 50/50-ish interest and repayment, I'm now paying nearly everything off the balance and only £25-ish a month interest on the remainder.

Bazooka Boo, I must say you've really made me feel better with your words of wisdom. I know having the experiences you have had can't have been enjoyable but they help people like me who haven't got anyone to talk to for advice!

Thanks a lot.

So you still bank with Sharklays?

Don't be at all bothered by your 'relationship' with a bank, they have absolutely no interest in you as a customer whatsoever,

I change my bank, like I used to change my car insurance, so don't for one minute think they are helping you by reducing the interest

if they really wanted to help you, they would stop the interest all together!

The default date can't be relied upon for knowing if it is time barred, it used to be that they had up to six months in which to apply the default

marker on your files, but I believe that has now changed, and not in the consumers favour either!

It's pretty much safe to say, that if there has been a six year period from last payment or written acknowledgement that you owe the debt, then it will be statute barred (SB)

I'm only imparting what knowledge I have learnt from these forums, and the advice I've been given over the years, when my back was up against the wall, and I had nowhere to turn to, I imagined all sorts of crazy things, and people banging down my door, taking all my property etc etc, that is NOT how it works, DCA's are simply powerless tin pot middle men who have an incestuous relationship with other DCA's and buy and sell large portfolio's of debts for as little as 6pence in the £.

They are really nothing to be scared of, once you know how they work, then you can play them at their own puerile game.

Hi Wars,

The Default Date is a useful guide to the likely SB date but it could well be that the SB date is a bit earlier, depending on how quick the creditor was to issue the DN.

We'd normally suggest sending the bank a SAR to get the relevant dates confirmed, as well as PPI and charges data. However, in your case, I would do nothing for now.

Once you are happy that the CD Loan is SB'd, you could send the SAR and reclaim PPI and any penalty charges to reduce the balance on the CCard debt. Banks have been repaying Billions to their customers for PPI refunds for 5+ years now and reclaiming PPI is not going to ruin any relationship with your bank.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Noooo, I've never banked with them, Im with HSBC. Two current accounts, a savings and the dreaded CC.

I've never given Barclays any form of written acknowledgement that I owe them the debt, only via the phone and thats when I made the contribution payment (I think they called it something like that, I may have made two actually and I seem to remember them asking how much I could afford and offered them somewhere in the region of £200-ish).

Tomorrow is the day when their system decides they've found me as I haven't responded so I guess I just need to sit back and wait for another one of their love letters. I might try and see if I can go back on my bank statements and see if I can find anything to do with a payment to them.... Not very hopeful with that though. Would Noddle display when they last received a payment? I can't seem to get on their website at the moment.

Is there any way of knowing the likeliness of my CC having PPI? It wouldn't show on any statements would it? I'm a complete novice to this sort of thing. CPP sent me a letter when they were issuing refunds and I managed to get about £170 back which wasn't bad!

Hi Wars,

Ignore the DCA letters about the Barclays CDL for now and just keep us informed.

If you don't have your statements to would show if PPI or penalty charges were on the a/c, I would send them a SAR asap. This shouldn't cause problems with existing repayment arrangements but it should enable you to reclaim PPI and/or penalties and reduce the CCard balance.

I have now managed to log into my Noddle account and it only goes back to Oct 2012. I found old 'Arrears Notice' letters from Barclays but they only go back to June 2011. The most recent they have sent is dated Oct 2014 and on that it says there's been a 'Payment In' on that month of around £545?! That most certainly wasn't by me!

Right, whilst writing this I've logged onto my online banking and found that I made a payment to Barclays CDL on the 19th March 2009 via Bacs to an amount of £50.00. I did another on the 5th of May 2009 for the same amount. These are the only two I can find so I think that the 5th of May will be the last communication they would have had from me.

I will get on the case of sending over an SAR to HSBC regarding my CC, this is a separate matter completely from the Barclays CDL but it does give me something else to get my teeth in to. Especially after Christmas when our balances are all feeling a little poorly.

Thanks again!

Hi Wars,

Based on the above pay't dates , the CDL is likely to to SB'd in July or August 2015.

Re the HSBC CCard, start a new thread in the HSBC forum about it. Give us a link to the thread so we can follow it.

• 2 weeks later...

Right so... Panic averted, or so I thought.

They sent their follow up letter which was actually only for a tidy sum of £52 for an outstanding gas bill courtesy of British Gas for a property I lived at for just a month (terrible damp issues, 2nd bedroom was like a paddling pool and was for our then unborn son).

I got my girlfriend to call up and pay the debt on by behalf, she told them we were no longer together (called up British Gas direct). They also kindly removed the £18 fee for being transferred over to Wescot so the bill was only £34, result! They also don't actually have a 100% certain address for me so all seems good, so I thought.

Till today when I received a text from a company called DLC -

Mr 'MyFirstname & Lastname', please call dlc on 08443463001 quoting reference number ***********, or visit (their website which I can't post but is mydlc. co. uk)

Another debt collection agency?! I visited their website and the form asks for everything so I can find out what they are contacting me for. They want to know the reference number they sent, my last name (they already have it in the text), my DOB, Postcode & Email Address. Is there any way I can find out what these new lovely bunch of people want without letting them know they have found me? It's getting silly now!

I'm not sure.... I haven't got any other debt. I didn't think I had any previous to this Barclays CDL however the British Gas one does make perfect sense and it was just an oversight. I pay everything else on time and haven't ever missed a payment on anything.

The only thing it could be is this CDL I guess but I don't have any experience with this DLC company and wondered if anyone on here could give me some advice

Can I make a suggestion... While Normally we don't really advise contacting a DCA.. I find it good to contact them to find out info if they have attempted to contact me.

Saves worrying... But It's you choice... If it is British Gas... Then you're already sorted and you tell them that...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Would British Gas really employ two DCA's this quickly? They got their outcome within two letters and a phonecall, I didn't give them much of a runaround so I can't understand why it would be them. I don't want to contact this DLC in case it makes them tag onto me even more than they already are, if they send me a letter to my home address then I guess they will be one step closer to finding me but I really want to try and hold out till this CDL becomes SB'd.

Are DLC a company to be worried of? Are they in a different league to Wescot or are they exactly the same in powers/methods?

Another question, what would the process be for them to get a CCJ against me? Would this be something that they would have done already if they were going to do it or is there still a possibility they will do it?

IMHO I've seen it happen...

A CCJ is a long process in which they have to formal litigation... Etc blah blah and a judge orders you to pay what you can afford etc...

In your case, I would wait for a letter...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

So I'd get plenty of notice in writing (to my Mum's address as thats the one they have on the account) before they can present me with a CCJ? Am I right in thinking they can't give me a CCJ when the account in question becomes SB'd?

Lastly, will they still chase me for payment of the account after it has SB'd?

Thank's so much for your advice

Once an a/c goes SB'd, that can't be reversed and subsequent court action can be defended easily.

After SB'd, no DCA can demand or enforce payments.