Attachment of earnings x 2 plus Enforcement Agent.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Are the Local Authority allowed to do this?

Arrange two attachment of earnings orders for previous Council Tax years, yet allow the Enforcement Agent to continue action on the current year.

The attachment of earnings was arranged by the LA, after the bailiffs had unsuccessfully tried to collect previous years

Thanks for any insight here.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Thanks.

It does seem strange that the regulations only allow two attachements, and this is tiered, so that the less you earn, the lower the percentage, but then allows the EA to demand further funds.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

You could always ask for the debts to be consolidated into one attachment of earnings

Each individual council tax year would be subject to a seperate liability order and therefore classed as seperate debts, so that wouldn't be possible

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

Quote from CAB site re council tax: You can ask the court to give you a consolidated attachment of earnings order.

Can you provide a link please?

A to Z index

My post count is too low for a direct link, but copy this into your browser with a www at the front:

adviceguide.org.uk/wales/ debt_w/debt_action_your_creditor_can_take_e/creditor_takes_money_from_your_wages.htm

The information that you have been reading about on the Adviceguide site is not for attachment of earnings orders for council tax but is for attachment of earnings in relation to civil County Court Judgments. They may appear similar but are covered by entirely different regulations.

In relation to Council Tax Attachment of Earnings Order they cannot be consolidated.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/debt_w/debt_action_your_creditor_can_take_e.htm

This is a CAB fact sheet so no problem posting it up. However as already advised by Bailiff advice, this is for Civil Debt

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Here's a guide given by Oxford City Council for employers. Most other Councils follow a similar pattern.

Ploddertom,

The attachment is one that is very old. It contains the deduction rate from the old regulations and most importantly, the Annexe (Form of Attachment of Earnings Order) under Regulations 37 is also the one that had been in use before the amendment (1A) was introduced in 2004 (see below)

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2004/927/regulation/6/made?view=plain

As can be seen from the above legislation, the amendment was to provide that the Schedule 5 fees incurred would be added to the CTAEO

I will publish a copy of the newer Annexe shortly.

I have been reading a good basic Q&A from Cheshire CC. on this very subject and hope it helps to understand what is/not going to happen.

Here http://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/council_tax/recovery_process_and_faqs.aspx

It confirms/denies some points being discussed on this thread a worthwhile read. But if it raises good discussion points then all the better

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.