Backdated ESA??

cynopterus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have quite a simple question ... I think ....

I have been signed off work by my doctor since March last year and have been claiming ESA at £72/week (the assessment phase).

The claimant is supposed to have a 'medical' assessment after 13 weeks of claiming and dependant on the outcome, for me at least according to online benefit calculators, should receive either £101/week if put into the WRAG group or £123/week if put into the support group.

My question is ... I have only just been sent an appointment for this so called 'medical' - not 13 weeks after claiming but more like 41 weeks after - irrespective of the group I am placed in, will they pay the difference of monies that I should have been receiving?

Basically I have been receiving the 'assessment' rate for all this time - leaving me potentially about £1000 to £1500 short of what the government said that I should be getting??

Any help with this would be appreciated :)

Regards

Yes. However it took around 2 years for my final result! Took a year for my "medical" during which the "doctor" had to help me onto the examination couch thing, and also my knees locked when I tried to leave. He put a load of crap on the report, said I had no problems moving around and such. Obviously I appealed and took all of my physio notes along with a strongly worded letter from my GP. Took just under a year for tribunal and I was in there less than 5 minutes before they decided that it was obvious I was not fit for work. I was put in WRAG though, as I was having physio and stuff and the doctors did expect me to get sorted within a year or two. After getting the award notice it took around 2 weeks and I got a letter saying they were putting £2400 or so in my account which was a nice surprise. I checked my bank that day and it had actually been there for 2 days already