• Tweets

• dx100uk   do you think it might help if the OP went back to the dealer and argued the point about the dealer having to pay the vehicle recovery costs (in the event of a cancellation and no pre-contract info) by quoting to them the Motor Trade Ombudsman's view on the question from post #25?   I mean, the motor trade ombudsman is not generally well-known for being on the consumer's side, and yet there they are spelling out the OP's argument for her!   This could be backed up by (1) reiterating that the advertised mileage does not agree with the MOT history - at least I think that's the case; I haven't quite got my head round it yet, and (2) pointing out that the "sold for spares" bit is simply untrue.  She could wind up by suggesting that she thinks any ADR or court would find in her favour on all three of these points and ask if he wants to reconsider his position.   See if that shifts the dealer any further.   Assuming he won't move, then either go for ADR (is this binding and who does it?) as a first step or continue with legal claim.   Only contra-indications I see:  (1) I think the distance selling/extended cancellation argument is very unusual with a used car purchase and have no idea if it's likely to be successful.  BUT Advice Direct Scotland and Aberdeen TS seem to think it's possible(?) and so does the Motor Trade Ombudsman - so who knows.   (2) BankFodder did suggest several pages back that if the OP got the purchase price back that might be a result, but that would mean either writing off two sets of transportation fees or arguing separately about them.    
    • Hi. I posted on the facebook group about Hermes queries re: a parcel that Hermes said delivered but i didnt receive. It was a private sale of a mobile phone from a seller in Wales to me in Edinburgh.   The seller has stopped contact with me now so I cant get any help from them. Hermes are saying it was delivered but it wasn't.   I have got all copies of emails to and from the seller and to and from Hermes. A photo of the actual parcel that the seller sent me prior to posting.   There also seems to be a some confusion on the Hermes tracking info about which day it was actually delivered but either way I was in my house both prior and after the delivery.   There was no photo but it stated the driver got a signature. Not true cos it was a covid thing not to get signatures. No calling card to say it was left somewhere else or in a safe place. It just simply wasn't delivered.   I've been told to ask for GPS info in order to trace the delivery or driver. I cant even talk to a human or get a valid address to write to.   I sent an email to the CEO guy and still no reply. I've not reported anything to the police but I'm getting all sorts of contrasting advice to do this and not do that etc that im totally lost now.   If you read this David, please get back to me please. Much appreciated.   This happened in June/july so hope im not too late to still do something about it. It's just took this long to only get to this stage. 
    • PAC code   https://tinyurl.com/yxhxcsxf   ...
    • Noted! Hopefully there won't have to be another time though!     I did respond to the email, I just basically said that he cannot deduct any costs incurred for collecting / picking up the vehicle and if it heads down the route of ADR which is a total new concept of me having any evolvement with, that he would have to pay a refund/the cost of the car and the cost associated with the collection of the vehicle.    Apon further checking the legislation because he gave me no cancellation rights prior to the contract starting he is indeed guilty of an offence, which is the likelihood of what trading standards are dealing with in regards to his local TS contacting him.     
    • hi,     Just asking for some experience or knowledge.     I purchased a puppy on the 30th of august. On numerous occasions I was in contact with breeder and asked if the puppy showed signs of entropion.    I was told no.   On the 26th of August puppy had first jabs. And apparently their vets said none of the litter showed sign of entropion.    On collection of puppy I noticed he was covered in green mucus. The pen had dog muck spread in there so assumed it was just from pups playing and maybe getting it in each others eyes (poor hygeine on breeders part)   Anyways,   Asked breeder to wipe pup and we left       With in 3 hours we realised that the puppy wasn't well. He physically couldn't open his eyes and when we attempted to clean them his eyeballs weren't visible.    We phoned an out of hour vets and contacted the breeders immediately.     The pup was taken to the vets and we were informed he had a severe eye infection which was a result to entropion.    The vet bill came to around 900 after tacking and meds etc. I asked the breeder to cover the costs. They said no because their vets said their was no issues.     The state on this puppy my vets think he's suffered from birth.     And most certainly not 5 minutes before I turned up.      I've filed a small claims for the cost of the vets and the cost of the puppy.      Where do you think ill stand?    What type of evidence will the judge want to see. Thanks
  • Our picks

• Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults – and which sometimes had government recall notices. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427369-ahmed-alwaheebs-firms-sold-cars-riddled-with-faults-%E2%80%93-and-which-sometimes-had-government-recall-notices/&do=findComment&comment=5071860
      • 3 replies
    • @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 8 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2087 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

:x We had so much grief with carCraft.

We brought a zafira from lakeside CC Jan 2013 and within weeks it developed a fault and

because we had paid for the warranty it was taken in for repair on the back of an RAC truck,

we paid for a weeks worth of hire car,got the call to come collect the car and

I got halfway down the M25 when I had to turn around and take the car back as the fault was still there!

CC refused a loan car at first and we had to fight for one but they came good eventually and paid for one for a week

and as if by magic my car was fixed!

on April 17th 2013 it went in for service and MOT and 3 days later when the car came back apparently all was well

although on the advisory sheet it said there's a noise in the turbo,

now im no mechanic but surely had there meant to be a noise in the turbo and it was a "normal" noise then it wouldnt have been noted?

..but since nothing much was said about it only that it wouldnt cause any problems & together with a few advisory bits to be done

one of which was a leaking injector valve ~ now remember i said leaky~ (which was no problem because I have a mate that is a fully qualified mechanic

that was going to do it for me but it had been fine up until that point) we assumed everything was ok as thats what we had been led to believe .

26th April I put £20 diesel in the car which took it up to almost half a tank as we were going out,

car was fine nothing out of the ordinary we came home parked up left it til around mid afternoon the following day

and it wouldnt start because we have RAC cover with the warranty we called them out and the nice man checked everything and in the end said it could be the turbo & although that injector isnt helping it isnt causing this but it needs further investigation try charging the battery as theres a loss of pressure

we said ok and duly charged the battery which had gone flat due to the amount of times the RAC and I had tried to get it to start.

The next day I came home from work (the battery had been taken off charge before I left for work that morning)and tried to start the car and it did, it started but then it revved and revved and revved higher and higher & I honestly thought the engine was going to blow and I wasnt even touching the accelerator and there was white smoke coming out of the exhaust, my friend noticed oil started coming out from under the engine and one of my kids said its coming out the exhaust so i took the key out of the ignition and it kept going!! I had to stall the car to get it to stop and promptly called RAC out again and when a different chap turned up and we told him what had happened he went right through it and said sounds like your turbo has gone

and it needs to go in to be repaired.this before we said anything about what the guy the night before had said.. so arrangements were made for them (RAC) to pick the car up the following day (29th april) and be took back to CC.

We tried to get through a couple days later no luck, and it took until the 8th May for someone to answer the phone and in the 9 days they had had the car all they had done was change the glo plugs because they were burnt out which I said yes thats what the RAC bloke said would happen because of the turbo,,CC said theres nothing wrong with the turbo I asked if they had looked they said no but we would know (!!) righto then..their next nugget of info was that "someone" had filled the car up with petrol I said well I know it wasnt us as it had 1/4 tank diesel in it when it left here on the back of an RAC truck,no no no you put the petrol in it I have a sample here you come and get it (uh I dont have a car and in the amount of time the car was there that sample could have come from anywhere)

I went to the filling station saw the manager he said he can get us proof it was diesel we put in and how much, I even asked my bank to verify the time and date and which of our cards was used to pay for the fuel and it all tallies up and

I pointed out that the pumps have diff sized nozzles so you cant put the wrong fuel in and 2 RAC mechanics can verify this as per their reports which they sent us copies of stating that the using of the correct fuel is one of the first things they check.

We had a lot of trouble getting in touch with CC, the service manager kept saying one thing then anotherand constantly contradicting himself,

that was when he could be bothered to return our calls,he said my car wasnt important as they have others booked in so will get to it "as and when".

We are now 9 months without a car, a car thats sitting under tarp on my drive, a car im still having to pay for!

I have been in touch with the CAB/Trading Standards AND CC complaints because aside from everything else I want someone who will agree that in the almost 3 wks I was without a car they did maybe 3 things to it and told us they were doing us a favour is unacceptable

because this guy truly was a law unto himself! He lied, hes been rude to my wife and he wouldnt give me a straight answer just told me im looking at a big bill..

Trading Standards said they couldnt help so suggested the Ombudsman whom we got in touch with and I had to provide copies of all correspondance between ourselves and CC and Creation. CC Head office told us that they couldnt give a fig and to remove the car asap(which we did must to the surprise of dealership as head office hadnt told them that they had told us to collect car so the condition the car was in in their workshop 9months ago

is the same condition it is in now) & Creation backed CC though I suspect that was because they put a lot of work their way.

Today I called the Ombudsman to see what was happening to be told they cannot do anything about CarCraft just Creation..well technically Creation havent done anything other than side with these liars but I cannot and will not let this go,there has to be some way to make these jokers pay for the damage they caused.wilful deliberate damage at that because they knew that damage due to the wrong fuel

would render the warranty that cost me an extra grand useless!

Edited by bork
baaaad punctuation and huge gaps

I have alerted the CarCraft Rep for you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When you say advisory, I take it you mean 'service' advisories ?

A diesel will continue to increase it's revs as long as it is getting fuel and anything oily is fuel to a diesel. If you can't stop the engine by removing the ignition keys you would be well advised to move to a safe area as the engine will carry on until it self destructs.

Guest Carcraft Customer Service Manager

Dear OP,

Carcraft sent a letter to you in May 2014 advising you to seek independent advice and/or have an independent inspection completed on your vehicle as you were disputing the conclusion of our technicians. There has been no further contact from you at this stage.

If you have had this done and would like to discuss further, please contact Customer Services on 0800 923 9495 option 6 or email customerservice@carcraft.co.uk with a copy of the inspection.

Thanks

Linzi