re overdraft in HSBC

chkaijo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

i have printed off my statements off of the internet. I am attempting to complete the advanced spreadsheet to calculate the interest and it is asking me to put in the overdraft amount as a plus. However I can't remember my overdraft from 2001 and it changed over the past six years.

Help anyone:confused: ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe someone will correct me if I am wrong but I think you only need to put in the overdraft limit if it was an interest free overdraft arrangement.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have been busy over the christmas season, hence have not been online. Any way an update on what is happening with HSBC

:) prelim letter 05/11/06 -requesting £1,425.50 no response

:) lba letter - 14/12/06 - thought no response

i proceeded to send off my MCOL on the 2/1/07 including the 8 % interest and low and behold received a letter from HSBC stating that they are willing to give me £1,245.00 in full and final settlement. Also stated that this is not an admission of liability.the letter is asking me to sign but I am not willing to do this . I am holding out for my full payment.

:eek: I wonder if i should let the court claim go through, or should i accept th offer stating that i await the remainding amount???? Need some advice please especially as I have send off the mcol already.

Hi chkaijo,

Let the claim go through until you received your offer of full payment and the money's in the bank!

I filed the N1 at the court and received a letter offering just under £250 short of claim (but had since paid £120 in court fees). Just reply to the letter explaining that you will except as partial settlement and that you will be willing to withdraw your claim upon unconditional full settlement.

Has your claim been acknowledged by DG?

Lisa

No probs.

I would also suggest that when you receive correspondence from the Court to say that your claim has been acknowledged that you look for the defendents details (DG Solicitors, some have a specifc name/some don't) and send your charge schedule to them straight away. In some cases this has sped the process up. It might not but what have you got to lose?

Good luck with your claim. :)

Do you mean where do you send the charge schedule to?

You need to send it to DG Solicitors once you have received confirmation that your claim (MCOL) has been acknowledged. When you receive this it will have DG Solicitors address (under defendents details) sometimes it will have a name for a specific person but others it will not.

Hope this helps.

• Haha 1

I send off my MCOL on the 3/01/07. I was just looking at other threads and realised that I did not add certain things in my Particulars of claim:sad:. for example

Your account number

Date account was opened

The date from when your charges began

That you have already supplied a schedule of charges

That you will be supplying a further

Should I write to the courts and including the particulars or should i start a new MCOL:?: :?: .

i would def. get on the phone first thing monday - claim amnesia or something - say the baby pressed the submit button - hopefully, someone will take pity on you and refund you money and start the claim over - if they are really, really hardnosed about it - you will have to ask them how to add those bits to your particular and it could cost you £35. i know it sounds high and mighty of me - i don't mean it to, but really, had you read carefully all the faqs and step by steps i think you would have seen all that in there - so, don't fret - try what i said above and they might let you start your claim over and refund your fee. fingers crossed -

if you need help with the particulars (there is a template) ask, i could pm mine to you as an example, we are here and we will help.

post up your particulars as well chkaijo so we can see what is in there. I'm thinking there may be a way of working around this without filing an amendment.

Here is my Particulars of claim:

The claimant claims the sum of £1425.50 being due by the defendant under an invoice dated the 5th November 2006 for unfair bank charges applied to the claimant which has remained unpaid dispite request for payment. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 5th January 2001 to 2nd January 2006 of £3337.97 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.31.

Lats i also just realised that the dates should of been from the 5th January 2001 to 2nd November 2006 instead of 2nd of January 2006:cry: :oops: . i am definitely in the dog house.

don't panic - wait until bong has a chance to take a look and see if she has any ideas. anybody else reading this - take note - that's why we say read the faqs carefully a couple of times before you do anything.

not picking on you, chkaijo, it's just easier to solve before it goes wrong than after.

but, on the bright side - if i were in bother and could have one person to help me - I'D CHOOSE BONG!!!!!!!!

ok chkaijo, are you sure your figures are right? £3,337 seems like too much interest if its at 8% on charges of £1425. If the figures are wrong as well I'd be inclined to withdraw the claim and start over.

ok chkaijo, are you sure your figures are right? £3,337 seems like too much interest if its at 8% on charges of £1425. If the figures are wrong as well I'd be inclined to withdraw the claim and start over.

no sorry it is £337.97.

so you paid a court fee of £120. you don't want to lose that by starting over again but you do need to change your particulars. did you make them up or see someone else using them?

I think the only way to do it is to make an Application which will cost £35. You'll find the form here http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/HMCSCourtFinder/GetForm.do?court_forms_id=484 but I can't advise on the procedure because I haven't seen it before.

try PMing a mod to get help with filling it out.

i'd still try the amnesia - baby hit the button(i'm not serious - just bite the bullet and say you screwed up, humbly) - tack with the court - you may get a really sympathetic person. work on your partics between now and then to get them spot on the way they should be - so if they say fax them over - we'll put them in or whatever, you can do it and not say - oh i'll have to get it done - have it ready. copy mine, with your numbers (acct, dates, amounts substituted), pm them to me or bong (without the acct. no) and we will check it. ok??? if that's a no go - do the mod thing as bong says.

No I did not make it up. I followed an example from the small claim self help kit. Thank you For your help. I hope I have not jepordise my chances. will keep you posted. I have already receive notice from the court that they have sent my claim to HSBC already

i'd still try the amnesia - baby hit the button(i'm not serious - just bite the bullet and say you screwed up, humbly) - tack with the court - you may get a really sympathetic person. work on your partics between now and then to get them spot on the way they should be - so if they say fax them over - we'll put them in or whatever, you can do it and not say - oh i'll have to get it done - have it ready. copy mine, with your numbers (acct, dates, amounts substituted), pm them to me or bong (without the acct. no) and we will check it. ok??? if that's a no go - do the mod thing as bong says.

thanks i will try all of the advice given and hope my stupidity does not make e muck it all up.

Thanks a lot lats and bong