Section 21 Notice when boyfriend has moved in

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi allI unfortunately need to service a section 21 section on a tenant.Since the tenancy agreement was signed 3 years ago her boyfriend has moved in....this was fine with me.My query in who do I service the notice on in terms of name on it...just her or her and her boyfriend.Would appreciate any advice.Many thanks for your timeRegardsMike

s21 is served on the Tenant ie all occupants named on AST as Tenant ie T1 +T2 etc.

For the price of a First Class stamp, best serve it on both female T & b/f. Sent by standard First Class, prepaid post and obtain copy of free Cert of Posting from counter, for both letters.

s21 is served on the Tenant ie all occupants named on AST as Tenant ie T1 +T2 etc.

For the price of a First Class stamp, best serve it on both female T & b/f. Sent by standard First Class, prepaid post and obtain copy of free Cert of Posting from counter, for both letters.

Many thanks for the reply.....Boyfriend was not on tenancy agreement. Should I still serve a notice on him ?

Thanks

Mike7777

the tenancy agreement will make it clear as to whether anyone else moving in creates a new tenancy but in general it doesnt and the tenant is responsible for the actions and debts of BF and he has no rights whatsoever. Sam applies to children of tenant, if they trash the place tenant still liable.